It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:22 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:53 am 

Folks,

Just figured out that Ahonay would be a lot easier to do with two people.

Actually, I have no idea how to do it without two, because the lever in the tower, that was there in the original single-player game, is gone in Uru Live,

Maybe I'm playing at odd times, but I rarely ever see anyone in Bevin or in the City. From what I've read about instancing, folks who sign up for an account around the same time, are grouped together in an instance. How do I go about finding them?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:32 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Shorah Zahadum. Yes, you should have 19 neighbors, but they were added to your neighborhood when the avatar was created, not the account. So, some might be alternative avatars. You can look in your Neighbor list to find them and send them a KI mail in hopes of hooking up. But, I think your best bet is to find someone through the forum to help you out. I would suggest that you post the days and times when you are usually in the cavern. Someone else may share the same schedule, but just not be hanging out in the public areas. You could arrange a meeting.

And, yes, you are correct in assuming that assistance is required in completing Ahnonay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:14 am 
Obduction Backer

I can help..my numbers are in my signature below..have fun in the mean-time...I do....

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:25 am 
Obduction Backer

Ditto regarding willingness to assist. My Ki numbers are also in my signature.

It would help our coordination if you indicated the range of times you are normally in the cavern. The "universal" time-frame is Ki-time found in your Ki display. It corresponds to the Mountain time-zone in the US. We do not have any idea at the moment what your time-zone might be.

I tend to play after midnight by Ki-time, but I can make a special trip into the cavern to help a fellow explorer.

David Tierce

This post inspected by: Maintainer #165
MOULa-Ki: 15763576
GEHN-Ki: 00022090
DI-Ki: 00145074

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

Zahadum, eh? Should we be wary of Shadows?

Like those above, I can offer help, and so can many others you will find in the cavern. I had help to complete the MOULa version of the Path of the Shell, so I'm more than happy to return the favour. You're right, it is a little different to the single-player version, a bit closer to what was originally intended. I have always thought that Ahnonay was originally designed for groups of explorers, because that would make discovering how it worked a lot easier (many players observing different areas as progress is made) and because the lever in the tower didn't fit well with the rest of the explanation.

Best to tell us up front how much or how little spoilage you want when you get help - haveing been through it ourselves we can just give you the answers, or if you prefer, just act on your instructions.

You'll need a hand later on to finish off the Path of the Shell journey (you'll find out where eventually), and the new ages Eder Delin and Eder Tsogal are best played with seven other explorers to help. And this way you get an incentive to visit the public City and interact with other explorers, as it was intended from the start of Uru Live.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:23 am 

Folks,

Much appreciate the offer of help. Difficult to tell which nights I'm in the cavern; usually after 10:00 PM KI time if I'm not too tired. As a matter of fact I'm in there now and will be there until after midnight KI time

What do I have to do, to link up with one of you? I'm confused on that point. My KI is 20259397 - that's the number in the lower left corner when I expand the KI screen, hope that's the KI number. In the nexus, I see DRC(4903) Bevin which seems to be my neighbourhood.

Please advise!

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:35 am 
Obduction Backer

Just read your post but was apparently too late to catch you in the cavern. I added your Ki # as a buddy and your Avatar's name came up as "NellieBly"? Is that correct or was there a mistake in the Ki # supplied? I sent a Ki message to that address whether it is right or wrong.

You can add my Ki # as a buddy. You can find it in the signature to this post. If needed, detailed instructions for manipulating your Ki can be found in the "classroom" in any Bevin. That journal has also been duplicated on-line in several locations.

I'll try to be in the cavern soon after 10pm Ki-time on Friday.

David Tierce

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:06 pm 

David, yes, Nelly Bly is my avatar. Name of a great explorer.

Will add you as buddy (15763576) and attempt to be in the cavern after 10:00 PM KI time on Friday as well. I say 'attempt' because I'm babysitting for my granddaughter and have no idea how she'll sleep, if at all. Or she might wear me out ;)

Thanks!

Post subject: Ahnonay Question
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:25 pm 

So. Last night, I discovered something interesting, nothing to do with Ahnonay. If I link to the City from the Nexus, there are people there (I had been linking from the linking book on my shelf, wondering why there was nobody there). We played a game of Sardines, a variant of hide & seek. Never played an online game before, it was nice.

One of these folks, Criswell, kindly offered to 'rotate Ahnonay' for me. He rotated it when I was in the control centre on Water Ahnonay. I returned to Relto and linked back, at which point Criswell had to go offline... I noticed on the linking book on my bookshelf, there is NO bookmark to link directly to a journey cloth. Even though I definitely had pressed the journey cloth in the control centre prior to linking back to Relto.

Did I do something wrong?

My working theory was (please tell me if I'm in error) is that pressing a linking cloth in a control centre prior to rotation, allows me to link to that exact point in space after someone rotates Ahnonay for me. That exact point in space is then occupied by the _next_ control centre; e.g. misty, space, and that unnamed No. 4 depicted on the symbols in the cathedral.

Or I could just be terribly confused.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

You're getting the hang of this already :) Yes, you're right about the KI number. The best way to link up is boringly conventional, set a meeting time and a place.

The default meeting place is the plaza, the open area at the top of the Great Stairs, but anywhere in Aegura will do.

Be careful to link to the city via the Nexus. The version of the city that you get to from the brown book in your Relto (top shelf, third in from the left) is a private version, one you can always use to explore, practice marker games or climbing on the scenery without the lag that sometimes comes from a full cavern. So you won't find anyone there. Linking via the Nexus gets you to the public instance of the city, which usually has one or two people in it and often 20-30.

I'm in the UK, and eight hours ahead of KI time, so midnight KI time is early morning for me. Unfortunately the need to work kind of gets in the way during the week. Weekends might be better, but I think that dtierce is closer to your timezone and should be able to help.

Your experience with Ahnonay is only odd because you've missed one important step. If you understand what's happening it should be obvious.
[spoiler]
if not, what you need to do is press the journey cloth in the maintenance tunnel *after* your buddy has rotated the spheres for you. The tunnel is not scanned by the "is everybody gone" condition, so you are rotated along with the sphere. Pressing the cloth now saves your position 1/4 turn advanced. Go to the door and close the switch: it now rotates the sphere you're in to become active. When you link back to Relto then back to the cloth link, you'll see you're in no 4[/spoiler]

I'd connect Nellie Bly with "Ten Days in a Madhouse" rather than the rerun of "Around the World in Eighty Days", and think of her as a journalist. But good names for avatars are hard to come by :)

Last edited by AlanD on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Kirk of Xeniphers and I are in the game every day 3:30 - 5:30 GMT (London time). 2:00 - 5:30 weekends, and helping out new members with whatever they might need. Add me and give me a shout if you need anything :)

Post subject: Re: Ahnonay Question
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

Shorah Zahadum/NellieBly!

Zahadum wrote:
... I noticed on the linking book on my bookshelf, there is NO bookmark to link directly to a journey cloth. Even though I definitely had pressed the journey cloth in the control centre prior to linking back to Relto.

Just in case... which Ahnonay book did you use from your Relto bookshelf? There are two different Ahnonay books, one which goes to the "Cathedral" (a sort of nexus age), the other which goes directly to Ahnonay itself. The Yeesha cloths show up in the second book, not the first.

On another note, how old is your grand-daughter? There are a number of younger folk (some of them quite young!) who enjoy exploring Uru as well. It might be fun for you to bring her along sometime. :D

I'm sorry to have missed you in Cavern late last night (I didn't get there until about 11:30 p.m. Cavern/KI time), but am glad you found friends and assistance anyway! It looks like there were a handful of others who tried to track you down there but missed you... :)

Post subject: Re: Ahnonay Question
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:48 am 

Dear Ainia,

Thanks for the warm welcome and the tip about the bookmark being in the second book (missed that simple thing). My granddaughter's eight months old... she just woke, I fed her, she's out again. But I have a son who is 10, we do some of the puzzles together... that's a good idea, I can help him to set up an account and avatar.

So, I see that I simply did not hang around the cavern long enough last night. Regrets... Will try again soon, not sure about tonight.

Cheers !
Nellie

Ainia wrote:
Shorah Zahadum/NellieBly!

Just in case... which Ahnonay book did you use from your Relto bookshelf? There are two different Ahnonay books, one which goes to the "Cathedral" (a sort of nexus age), the other which goes directly to Ahnonay itself. The Yeesha cloths show up in the second book, not the first.

On another note, how old is your grand-daughter? There are a number of younger folk (some of them quite young!) who enjoy exploring Uru as well. It might be fun for you to bring her along sometime. :D

I'm sorry to have missed you in Cavern late last night (I didn't get there until about 11:30 p.m. Cavern/KI time), but am glad you found friends and assistance anyway! It looks like there were a handful of others who tried to track you down there but missed you... :)

MOULa: NellieBly, Ki No. 20259397
The Open Cave: NellieBly, Ki No. 00214235

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:15 am 
Obduction Backer

I'll try to link in Saturday night and look for you. Looks like you were busy tonight.

David Tierce

Post subject: Oops sorry
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:19 pm 

Finally got baby fed, asleep, and passed out as well... apologies David.

Will set an alarm for midnight Ki time tonight.

Cheers !

dtierce wrote:
I'll try to link in Saturday night and look for you. Looks like you were busy tonight.

David Tierce

MOULa: NellieBly, Ki No. 20259397
The Open Cave: NellieBly, Ki No. 00214235