It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:52 am 

I would like to clarify my point, so it is not misunderstood.

I do not have a grudge or a problem with the Guild of Greeters. They have done a great job with helping newcomers in Until Uru, and are to be commended for their efforts, all volunteer.

I do have a difference of opinion with anyone that says that the only way to become an Official Greeter is by going through the Guild of Greeters.

Many people, for their own reasons do not wish to become a part of the GOG Community.

Others like me are not allowed to become a part of their community as I was banned from their site 2 months after joining. It was the first time I ever got into an online Forum, or gaming Shard, and I made some mistakes. I was banned for reasons some of which I dsagree with. But that is history, and I am looking to the future.

I will say I have had no problem with any other shard or forum I am on, so it must have just been a personality conflict with certain greeters. Hey, it happens, and we cannot all see or think alike.

That being said, I beleive that the majority of Greeters are Excellent in their jobs, great teachers, good helpers, and are to be commended for their efforts. I DO NOT think the GOG should be disbanded, or rebuild or started over, as it would not help the game, and they are a great bunch of people. They would form a great base for Uru Live 2 Official Greeters, but I think there should be other ways to become trained and tested and earn the position of Official Greeter other than just through the GOG.

This is just my opinion, and I have been in game almost 2 years. Ask any Admin about me if you want to see my qualifications.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:50 pm 

Give it a rest already you were banned for continually breaking forums rules
asking for private information and personal addresses of people
both in PM and in forum posts.

It also didn't help you deliberately deceiving a lot of the female players into thinking you were a female and then them divulging there own personal female troubles
to you.
They they would never have done this if they knew you were actually a male.
We ALL know there are certain things females only discuss to another female same as men to other men in certain situations.
When they started to work this out themselves can you imagine how upset and devastated some of these women were that they were deceived?
then the complaints started to come in but that is NOT why you were banned only breaking forum rules over and over again.
So lets drop all this banning stuff shall we it's history leave it there and move on to bigger and better things with Uru Live NOT Uru Live 2.
Don't dwell on the past.

Edit Drats spelling :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:09 pm 

:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:50 pm 

Shadowcats,

I intend to move on, and I do not like to dwell in the past; but I object to some of the things you have said, and feel I need to present my side.

While not a very common practice, many men played female avies, and many women played male avies on the shard. So, how was I any different?

Also, I did reveal who and what I was to any female avie that I started to become friends with, as well as most male avies, so they knew who I was. As such, I did not deceive anyone that I worked or played with, and certainly not any more than other male or female players that did the same thing.

As to discussions of the sort you allude to, I either removed myself from the conversation when it started or made it known why I did not want to talk about such things. Besides, there was not very much of that type of discussuion going on as you might beleive.

Yes, I did break some rules, but not continuously and not intentionally. That was my first experience with online forums or gaming, so I made more than my fair share of mistakes. I also received a laundry list of purported offences I committed, after I was banned, many of which I never knew about before. I admit I made mistakes, but I was not the only one to do so; and some judicious chewing out would have gone a far ways to correcting my non-compliant attitude.

My previous post was meant to let people know that I do not hold a grudge, that I did make mistakes, but that I have learned from them, and would like to move on, even trying to become a Greeter if possible.

Your responce was unexpected. Obviously there are a lot of people with hurt feelings still out there, trying to get over the whole issue; I know, I still hurt from it too. The best option for me now is to give up the dream of being a Greeter, and just walk away from it all. Maybe then GOG people will not seek me out to cause me trouble in other shards or games.

You see, Shadowcats, I too would like to put it all behind me, but there are those that wont let me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:04 pm 
Cyan Employee

Part of me wants to lock this thread.

Let’s stay on topic. The question was “Will there be a need for greeters in Uru Live?”

Thanks,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

Greeters and greeters will be needed in URU Live. How official Greeters are chosen, is ultimately up to Cyan or Turner. Both are welcome to review the current process and require any changes they deem necessary. Setting up a second organization to do the same is redundant and is likely to cause unneeded competition. It may be simpler just to disband the GOG altogether. I hope not but it isn't my call. Hopefully, once Live launches, everyone will find their special place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:00 am 

""""""Deleted to save more trouble """"""""

Back to topic IT is up to Cyan if and when they want Official or Non official greeters to represent them and this game.
There call nothing more nothing less they want to build a Guild structure
as they have posted here and elsewhere if that includes an Official Guild of Greeters Fine
if not still Fine by me.
I'm sure they are or have worked out a plan that WILL work for everyone :D

GreyDragon it's your call to lock this thread but I really dislike the way this has turned into yet another Gog Bashing thread. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:29 am 

1. I am not bashing the Guild of Greeters. In fact, I have complemented them on their work many times.

2. I beleive greeters in an official capacity are needed to help new players learn the system.

3. What manner of greeters and their structure is up to Cyan and Turner.

4. I hope the Greeters can do the job that needs to be done, and help newcomers as well as I know they can.

5. I am officially leaving this forum, as I dont like to be bashed myself.

Thank you GrayDragon for not locking this thread. The on topic discussion IS important; I am not.

Good Bye!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:47 am 
Obduction Backer

*sigh* Here, I thought it was safe to come back here, only to find this... Please, can we stay on topic? As Ja'de has said, the ultimate decision will be up to Cyan & Turner as to what happens with the Guild situation. Let us not give them thought or good reason to fold the whole thing up and take it to another planet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:12 pm 

:cry: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:24 pm 

Just to clarify for those that don't know or remember this far back.

The Guild of Greeters was the idea of Cyan & Ubisoft.
The GoG Creed and Code of Conduct were written by Ubisoft's Uru Community Manager Randomos, who also wrote the original application form.
We simply followed their direction and vision.
Up until the end of LIVE weekly meetings were held with the GoG Management team and Randomos, to discuss progress and direction.
We were simply the tools with which we helped them achieve their plan.
We were completely answerable to them in the beginning and we are more than happy to return to that status quo.

The GoG looks forward to renewing this kind of relationship with Cyan/Turner and working closely/taking direction from them to ensure the GoG fulfils the role the Cyan deem appropriate for tomorrow's Uru Live.

Please stop arguing. Tim we appreciate your sentiment in showing your appreciation for the work we do, but we do not want nor expect any kind of renumeration for our work, we also would not accept it. We would all much rather pay the same fees as everyone else in the community and know that Cyan will put that money to good use. We all do this for the love of the game and for the community (when it's not trying to self destruct) and out of a willingness to help others.

Tijara
Grand Master, Guild of Greeters.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8