It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:01 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:52 pm 

Good old Tom.. we used to hang out and explore a lot, together with Jamie and Pfisou. I remember they continued a thread in the cyan forum or at uruobsession.. but that's prolly gone by now.

Ah.. good memories :D

My first thought was that I will never get the marker in the egg room. So I spent a whole night falling into oblivion and eventually made it :wink:

Last edited by Chuba on Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:58 pm 

Okay, cool! That's awesome that you've come back into the fold. Welcome BACK! /dance. Yes, MadTom was a character! Jamie is still in touch with me, and I've got Pfosou's address, and got him on MSN as well. Please contact me via PM if you would like to pass on your details to them. Footprint/Uniquehorn as well, I'm still in touch with. He's the Dutch fellow.

EDIT: Mad Mushroom Hood thread on the Ubisoft URU forums. Buried now, but can become alive again. ;)

Another memory I had of those first few days was that somehow it would work. Somehow, someday, we'd be together again. That's what I recall. Many were all doom and gloom, and sad, but I remember having a glimmer of hope, and of optimism in there. I never said to myself, "I'm turning my back and never coming back to this". It was too special.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:20 pm 

The First Thing I Thought When Prologue Was Closed?
In chaos there is just no First.
Found myself in chaos because ties to friends were broken. Not knowing what your friend went through was even worse. Felt like month before we could hug some of them again on fora.

I still can't unravel the chaos I felt the very moment all avatars froze.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:57 am 

and how weird it felt with those pictures on the view screen, and the list of explorers logged in. I felt bad each time I warped back because I knocked one off.

I wondered if anyone with no knowledge of prologue experienced that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

You're gonna all flame me for this, but I was actually slightly content at the news. I didn't understand Uru at the time. It all seemed to alien to me. It just didn't feel like Myst. So in reaction to the news, I felt like this would let Cyan make more single player games, which I hoped would be more akin to Riven, but what I failed to understand was that Uru is the second Riven. Heck, it's even greater than Riven!

I had to acquire a taste for Uru over the years, and now I'm a HUGE Uru fanatic!

Now on the other hand, when I heard Cyan had shut it's doors, my immediate thought was "My life just died".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:30 pm 

I had linked to the Hood balcony innocently enough for yet another round of jumping. There was some girl there I had never seen before, sitting. Made the usual salutations, after which, she quietly shared the prevailing rumor, that Prologue was closing. I couldn't comprehend that. It didn't register, and was totally not what I was expecting to ever hear. I just stood there, questioning her, listening to her, about what she'd heard (I wasn't a forum-goer in those days, so I was particularly clueless). Then, when all that could be said was, I linked out, forgetting about what I had come there for, sharing in her sadness and in a state of numb shock.

For me, Uru was some last, glowing ember in the otherwise cold online environment which I had immigrated to, so it was like the world was ending. The surprisingly short number of days that followed until everything disappeared were, well, depressing, to say the least.

Until Uru, though grand in the face of what had previously occured, still lacked hope, at least for me, as I never expected Uru to go Live ever again, like we were only treading water in a desperate attempt to merely survive, seemingly indefinitely.

The announcement of Uru Live came as much of a shock to me as Prologue's closing, again blind-sided. So many forces outside of our control, and yet this one actually favored us, was actually optimistic. The remembrance of what has been gone through to get to this point only makes it that much sweeter.

All I can say now is - Long Live Uru Live!