It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:33 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: D'net: D'ni History Bits
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:29 am 

Explorer Jazz has some tidbits of D’ni history from ResEng Nick White that she shared today:

~Hadev, who lived from 5644-5894, was one of the great musicians of D’ni, with a focus on folk music. One of the famous singers of his work was names Suah, who lived from 5700-5993

~The D’ni valued their relationship with Yahvo, which they called taygahn. They felt that taygahn with Yahvo would make sure they chose good over evil, and developing taygahn was better than just doing good or evil.

~The D’ni had two main food sources, crops and livestock. Both types of Ages were run by the Guild of Caterers, which worked closely with the Guild of Writers.

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:03 am 

Eleri wrote:
~The D’ni valued their relationship with Yahvo, which they called taygahn. They felt that taygahn with Yahvo would make sure they chose good over evil, and developing taygahn was better than just doing good or evil.

I wish I knew the context of this statement. I thought most D'ni ended up as followers of the teachings of Gish, who strongly preached against taygahn as being more important than simply following Yahvo's commands.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:58 am 

Eleri wrote:
Explorer Jazz has some tidbits of D’ni history from ResEng Nick White that she shared today:

~Hadev, who lived from 5644-5894, was one of the great musicians of D’ni, with a focus on folk music. One of the famous singers of his work was names Suah, who lived from 5700-5993

~The D’ni had two main food sources, crops and livestock. Both types of Ages were run by the Guild of Caterers, which worked closely with the Guild of Writers.

Great to know, thank you!

Is it known, if Suah was male or female?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:59 pm 

BrettM wrote:
Eleri wrote:

I wish I knew the context of this statement. I thought most D'ni ended up as followers of the teachings of Gish, who strongly preached against taygahn as being more important than simply following Yahvo's commands.

as i recall from reading the books in the hall of kings, the d'ni became very splintered as far as religion and beliefs. at one time there appeared to be hundreds of different sects and subsects.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]