It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:33 am

All times are UTC




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: D'net: D'ni History Bits
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 7:52 pm
Posts: 1633
Location: Seattle, WA
Explorer Jazz has some tidbits of D’ni history from ResEng Nick White that she shared today:

~Hadev, who lived from 5644-5894, was one of the great musicians of D’ni, with a focus on folk music. One of the famous singers of his work was names Suah, who lived from 5700-5993

~The D’ni valued their relationship with Yahvo, which they called taygahn. They felt that taygahn with Yahvo would make sure they chose good over evil, and developing taygahn was better than just doing good or evil.

~The D’ni had two main food sources, crops and livestock. Both types of Ages were run by the Guild of Caterers, which worked closely with the Guild of Writers.

_________________
Storyteller, Creatrix, and maker of general mayhem
Mysterium ConCom, FMG Secretary
Unwritten RPG: http://www.unwrittenrpg.com/
KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:15 pm
Posts: 974
Location: Ethereal Plane of Atrii
Eleri wrote:
~The D’ni valued their relationship with Yahvo, which they called taygahn. They felt that taygahn with Yahvo would make sure they chose good over evil, and developing taygahn was better than just doing good or evil.

I wish I knew the context of this statement. I thought most D'ni ended up as followers of the teachings of Gish, who strongly preached against taygahn as being more important than simply following Yahvo's commands.

_________________
Image
*SLMW 1.0* No animals were harmed in the production of this message.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:23 pm
Posts: 73
Eleri wrote:
Explorer Jazz has some tidbits of D’ni history from ResEng Nick White that she shared today:

~Hadev, who lived from 5644-5894, was one of the great musicians of D’ni, with a focus on folk music. One of the famous singers of his work was names Suah, who lived from 5700-5993

~The D’ni valued their relationship with Yahvo, which they called taygahn. They felt that taygahn with Yahvo would make sure they chose good over evil, and developing taygahn was better than just doing good or evil.

~The D’ni had two main food sources, crops and livestock. Both types of Ages were run by the Guild of Caterers, which worked closely with the Guild of Writers.



Great to know, thank you!

Is it known, if Suah was male or female?

_________________
What do you see?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:11 pm
Posts: 700
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
BrettM wrote:
Eleri wrote:
~The D’ni valued their relationship with Yahvo, which they called taygahn. They felt that taygahn with Yahvo would make sure they chose good over evil, and developing taygahn was better than just doing good or evil.

I wish I knew the context of this statement. I thought most D'ni ended up as followers of the teachings of Gish, who strongly preached against taygahn as being more important than simply following Yahvo's commands.


as i recall from reading the books in the hall of kings, the d'ni became very splintered as far as religion and beliefs. at one time there appeared to be hundreds of different sects and subsects.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron