It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:32 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:20 pm 

TheScar(.fr) wrote:
Even replacing the new music by the previous one, the new one is downloaded and replace the old one.

So Cyan have changed the music .... so Zandi changed the radio station .... WHO CARES?

I mean, really, this is absolutely not worth getting all worked up about, Scar .... Is it still MOULa? YES. Is it still the MOULa you've always known? It makes no difference. What does make a difference is whether you accept this is happening, whether you want it to or not, and get on with stuff anyway.

You have basically two choices .... Accept this has to happen .... or give up on MOULa and go off and do something else (as you have mentioned in a previous post).

It's really not worth the drama you are causing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

Alien wrote:
TheScar(.fr) wrote:
Even replacing the new music by the previous one, the new one is downloaded and replace the old one.

So Cyan have changed the music .... so Zandi changed the radio station .... WHO CARES?

I mean, really, this is absolutely not worth getting all worked up about, Scar .... Is it still MOULa? YES. Is it still the MOULa you've always known? It makes no difference. What does make a difference is whether you accept this is happening, whether you want it to or not, and get on with stuff anyway.

You have basically two choices .... Accept this has to happen .... or give up on MOULa and go off and do something else (as you have mentioned in a previous post).

The problem with written conversations is that people often tend to misunderstand the tone on which others express themselves, especially if their native language is different...
I'm not getting all worked up and I'm not causing drama neither; I only talk about facts and say what I think about them, that's all.
I disagree with something that happens? It's my right.
We say what we think? It's our right.
You disagree with me? It's your right.

I have nothing to do anymore in this subject or the other.

/?t - "jukebox"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:52 pm 

Quote:
I like to think that as it's a radio, Zandi would listen to a variety of music. No-one listens to one track on a loop forever, so Zandi's just changed the channel on the radio.

Oh, that makes sense :).

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:23 am 
Obduction Backer

TheScar(.fr) wrote:
Alien wrote:
TheScar(.fr) wrote:

The problem with written conversations is that people often tend to misunderstand the tone on which others express themselves, especially if their native language is different...
I'm not getting all worked up and I'm not causing drama neither; I only talk about facts and say what I think about them, that's all.
I disagree with something that happens? It's my right.
We say what we think? It's our right.
You disagree with me? It's your right.

I have nothing to do anymore in this subject or the other.

You are 100% correct TheScar! I don't think anyone was upset with the change... we just were wondering if we could make other ZandiRadio_Loop changes, but as you and Charura pointed out, the file would be detected and overwritten the next time you logged into the game.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Is there any way to ask Mr. Gabriel himself?

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Remember: he also contributed "Curtains", and provided the voice of the spirit guide for Myst IV: Revelation. So, I would think he has some affection for the Myst series.

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:47 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

From my understanding, the "Burn You Up" excerpt was expressly licensed to Cyan (perhaps via Ubi) for use in Uru. Because that license was granted to Cyan it meant that shard servers could not serve the MOULa content files without removing it, as those shard operators were not the assignees of the license.
Even if it were possible to contact the rights owners, since it is not possible to define who all the shard operators now and in the future might be, it would require a license that is open to everyone, which would essentially be equivalent, I think, to giving up all control. And I don't see that being acceptable.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:33 pm 

(Wasn't there another unused music file containing Burn You Up ? I think it was a credit music, which started with BYU then transitioned into Yeesha's theme. I know I have it somewhere, but maybe it was deleted a while ago from MOULa.)