It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:07 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:59 am 

Not sure if someone else posted this yet or not, but I thought I'd post it just in case. ;) Also if in wrong forum sorry. :roll:

I was reading the DRC forums and wanted to qoute one of yeesha's speaches. So I went file diving (no not that kind of file diving) I looked in the SFX folder of mystonline.

I found this file xBahro_PainScream02.ogg well I listened to it and it sounds just like the D'mala link out scream. I compared a video of the mass link out that bob the builder made and it sounds just like it. Either way thats kinda spooky.

Did a bahro stub its toe and let out a scream which linked everyone out or ?

I did a search, but for the life of me couldnt come up with any mention here on these forums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:25 am 
Obduction Backer

All of that is on the DRC site. It was the transition from there to here after all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:45 am 
Obduction Backer

RAWA said that it might not necessarily mean that the Bahro was in pain: since they had to do something with the files that were already in the UU client, they probably have just used what they thought was a good sound for the event regardless of the file name.
Or, maybe the Bahro was really in pain, but he won't tell us because he likes to watch us speculate. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

Could that be the same as the Bahro scream we heard the night Wheely and Rose went missing? I've never heard anything like it. It made my hair stand on end. But I wasn't in D'mala, so I can't compare.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Could be. I think it's not a matter of Cyan caring what the filename is or what they declared it emotionally wise (I suspect they mix and match which will make any translation Cyan-based only)... I think they just chose the one that worked. Let's face it, everyone who heard the great screech before the great link was startled. I know I jumped out of my skin. Although admittedly I crashed to black when I was linked. Eh.

Even so though, they're making an emotional context for us, not for the bahro. That means if they use a screech of pain and it sets your hair on edge, they achieved the job. It's not about the bahro, it's about us.

Besides, when they only have 10 or so different cries, it's kinda hard to use unique ones.. :?

MOULa KI: #00027582 #7425022
100% Authentic Gondar! Accept no substitutes, imitations, or knock-offs!