It is currently Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:12 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Recent “issues”
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:29 pm 
Cyan Employee

There are some issues that are going on behind the scenes that the full community might not know about. I only bring it up in this post to admit a mistake and explain myself.

I banned someone recently and they have been quite vocal about not receiving a PM from me or the mods. Talking to the mods a lot of assumptions were made on both sides and I will admit when I made a mistake.

I banned this person after the third time of changing their signature. We can debate till our teeth are blue if changing a signature two times should send a message but in the end I dropped the ball on sending this person an email.

I looked at every time this person changed the signature back to the way it was as a way to push my buttons. I don’t want to have to change signatures. I don’t want to have to ban people, but I don’t want my buttons pushed either.

Finally I said to myself, “I am done with this”… and banned. I wasn’t asked by the mods to do so. It was my decision and I stick to it. After a week’s time I let up the ban because it had been a week. I didn’t want to ban this person forever. I wanted to make a point. Did it make a point?
I didn’t send out an email and that was my mistake, but a mistake nonetheless.

In the end it seems quite silly for either side to make a fuss over this. Sometimes I wonder if boredom doesn’t cause issues to arise. The issue we are all dealing with is what’s next. Where do we go from here?

So that is the question we really should be dealing with. In the beginning of April the servers will shut down and the home we have made will disappear. What happens after that is anyone’s guess.

“But we in it shall be remembered- We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;”

So let’s start the preparation stage for the next journey we embark on. Peace I say to you, it is in this that we live, we live for peace and understanding.

Your friend,

Greydragon

Oh P.S. I am trying to bring back forum avatars for everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:38 pm 

Forum avatars! Woo! :D

Thanks GD!

TG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:40 pm 

Everyone makes mistakes. That's becoming more and more clearer to me every day GD. As I tell my kids "Mummy tries hard but yeah, she does make mistakes. Please forgive me". Forgiveness is healthy. And necessary.

Peace to you too. (((hugs))))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

TomahnaGuy wrote:
Forum avatars! Woo! :D

Thanks GD!

TG

I second that! :D Peace to you also, GD.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:47 pm 

I guess the biggest mistake was us not seeing the humor and interpreting it the wrong way. But as a positive thought, it shows how hungry we are...

Peace to everybody. PS does the implementing of forum avatars indicate this forum is to STAY after April? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hum. logical, honest, straight forward...

...not very evil. :wink:

(I never did get any cake!) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:08 pm 

Sad to hear about the non-existing message but that's the way things go sometimes and then you just have to make the best of it. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Oooo, avatars. :D
Don't suppose there's any chance we could also get that New Forum Section I've been proposing, could we? :D
It would really help with morale around here. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:22 pm 

Sophia wrote:
I guess the biggest mistake was us not seeing the humor and interpreting it the wrong way. But as a positive thought, it shows how hungry we are...

Peace to everybody. PS does the implementing of forum avatars indicate this forum is to STAY after April? :)

Yes, the original announcement said that this mystonline.com will remain active for us to share our experiences, etc. Avatars are a great addition! Or re-addition!

You're correct about being hungry, Sophia. That's a good way to put it. Eat now, it could be a while!

Last edited by Romer Openfield on Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:22 pm 

Sophia wrote:
PS does the implementing of forum avatars indicate this forum is to STAY after April? :)

Good question Sophia - I hope the answer is yes. I mean - why work so hard to get forum avatars if this forum goes south with everything else come April?

Thanks GD for all your efforts on our behalf - and for admitting that you're human like the rest of us...... :wink:

Peace to you too.

:oops: Cross posted with Romer - thanks Romer for giving us the answer.

Kero - KI#33425
Tarma - KI#36702

Last edited by Kero on Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:24 pm 
"The servers will shut down."

And throughout the cavernous chambers, colossal engines will spin down into silence as one by one the twin-bladed knife switches are disengaged. Jacob's ladders will cease to emit their ice-blue sparks, Tesla coils will cool from white to yellow to cherry-red to black, the constant tang of ozone in the air will fade away, and the subliminal vibration that has been resonating through every solid object for so long will die down. Two by two the lamps suspended from the vaulted ceilings will be extinguished, till the only light in the darkness is the bright rectangle of a door, with the silhouette of a man framed in it. The rectangle dwindles to a slit, and goes dark. A latch drives home, and a key turns in a lock. The mighty machines brood in the shadows of their solitude...waiting.

Well, that's the way I imagine it anyway. You can go with a shirtsleeved arm reaching behind a beige box to press a button if you like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:27 pm 

I picture it more like a dissolving thing, like "beam me up, Scotty."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yes, the forum will stay open after the 4th of April :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

I do know just what you mean Evil GD. Maybe it's time for an Evil Ja'de elsewhere.....

I think you'll need a special line of Evil avies. Maybe we could have a design contest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:59 pm 

Well now we need a holiday. Perhaps Evil Eve. Where instead of being booted off this game, we get reeeealy evil..and STAY!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next