It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:39 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:28 pm 

Tai wrote:
LC is providing music from the beginning to the end, so you can just tap into that for your party or make arrangements for another music source.

This wants some clariication. The event is supposed to run 24 hours and while I could provide music for the whole period, I would encourage you to sign up other D'niJs so there will be more variety. Urutunes.com lists a bunch of people just waiting to be asked, but unfortunately few of them seem to check this forum.

So, I recommend you post on the Urutunes forum what you're designing and ask for volunteers. Have them sign up for time slots as we did for the Day of Dancing, although this time I suspect we'll use our own respective Shoutcast servers and turn them on and off in coordination.

I do not want to gain a reputation as the Microsoft of Cavern music providers. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:21 pm 

just spend today preparing for the Blitz Party...
set up 5 avi's, and made a subaccount to create 5 more avi's... in all shades blue & cyan
-i think i will need a long E'rcana break after that day... -
so, for everybody who isn't able to drop that day, know that i will be running 10 :) so don't feel guilty having fun elsewhere!
did some math, and it will take me 1,5 hours to drop 10 batches include login/logout (CTD's not included), have a couple of minutes to party, get coffee, go to bathroom, and the next batch is ready to go, i think i will complete at least 4 rounds that day, probably more.

for anybody who also wants to set up an extra avi (or add. sub-account), here's the quickest way to accomplish:

:arrow: Quick steps to set up a new avi to drop pellet
I've put some % optional steps % for e.g. creating an subaccount, you can skip those steps if you want just a new avi as quick as possible to drop.
- this is a minimal set-up, just to drop pellet, minimal power on, just 1 cloth to touch, no reltopages -
[spoiler]• % Subaccount %[spoiler]• Log on to GT site or GT client
• GT site: Profile / Account Settings / The Basics: Sub-accounts & Family Filters / Create new sub.-acc. % Manage sub.acc. > add. permissions % (recommended option)
• GT client: top left, click name to Open Profile / Online web: Personal Filters / follow steps above (GT site)[/spoiler]• Log on GT client
• Start to Play MOUL
• Create Explorer % customize %
• Explore URU
• Link to Neighborhood
• Link to Gahreesen / get KI
• Link to Nexus
• Link to The Watcher's Pub
• Link to E'rcana
• Get on the Harvester en set in motion, take the whole trip forwards & up
• Go to controlroom
• Sit down and stop, open and clear bassin # 4
• Turn off oven # 1 & 4
• Go to the ovenroom, turn on power
• Take elevator up
• Get outside, grab the Field Vest, fwalla: you are in blue!
• Get down ladder
• Roll over stone
• Touch cloth
• Go back up ladder
• Take elevator down
• Go to controlroom
• Sit down and turn on all ovens
• Link back to Relto
• Link to E'rcana via cloth
• Set ovens to favorite recipe, mine (copied) is:[spoiler]oven # 1, 2, 3: | 19.5 * 50 * 50 |
oven # 4: . . . .| 19.5 * 50 * 19.5 |
i takes less then 2 hrs, perfect orange glow, point av. p.p. 950-960[/spoiler]• Link to Relto & explore > party!, or log out and log in with your next avi on the job ;)
• When pellet are baked, go drop the batch & set ovens again![/spoiler]

:?: On-E'rcana-topic, but besides above, i have some stupid questions:
- what is/are the material(s) pellet made of?
- how does it get to the oven?
- is there a specific harvestperiod?
- who harvests?
- when are we out of basic material?

Last edited by VixBlu on Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:54 pm 

VixBlu wrote:
just spend today preparing for the Blitz Party...
set up 5 avi's, and made a subaccount to create 5 more avi's... in all shades blue & cyan
-i think i will need a long E'rcana break after that day... -
so, for everybody who isn't able to drop that day, know that i will be running 10 :) so don't feel guilty having fun elsewhere!
did some math, and it will take me 1,5 hours to drop 10 batches include login/logout (CTD's not included), have a couple of minutes to party, get coffee, go to bathroom, and the next batch is ready to go, i think i will complete at least 4 rounds that day, probably more.

for anybody who also wants to set up an extra avi (or add. sub-account), here's the quickest way to accomplish:

:arrow: Quick steps to set up an avi to drop pellet
I've put some % optional steps % for e.g. creating an subaccount, you can skip those steps if you want just a new avi as quick as possible to drop.
- this is a minimal set-up, just to drop pellet, minimal power on, just 1 cloth to touch, no reltopages -
[spoiler]• % Subaccount %[spoiler]• Log on to GT site or GT client
• GT site: Profile / Account Settings / The Basics: Sub-accounts & Family Filters / Create new sub.-acc. % Manage sub.acc. > add. permissions % (recommended option)
• GT client: top left, click name to Open Profile / Online web: Personal Filters / follow steps above (GT site)[/spoiler]• Log on GT client
• Start to Play MOUL
• Create Explorer % customize %
• Explore URU
• Link to Neighborhood
• Link to Gahreesen / get KI
• Link to Nexus
• Link to The Watcher's Pub
• Link to E'rcana
• Get on the Harvester en set in motion, take the whole trip forwards & up
• Go to controlroom
• Sit down and stop, open and clear bassin # 4
• Turn off oven # 1 & 4
• Go to the ovenroom, turn on power
• Take elevator up
• Get outside, grab the Field Vest, fwalla: you are in blue!
• Get down ladder
• Roll over stone
• Touch cloth
• Go back up ladder
• Take elevator down
• Go to controlroom
• Sit down and turn on all ovens
• Link back to Relto
• Link to E'rcana via cloth
• Set ovens to favorite recipe, mine (copied) is:[spoiler]oven # 1, 2, 3: | 19.5 * 50 * 50 |
oven # 4: . . . .| 19.5 * 50 * 19.5 |
i takes less then 2 hrs, perfect orange glow, point av. p.p. 950-960[/spoiler]• Link to Relto & explore > party!, or log out and log in with your next avi on the job ;)
• When pellet are baked, go drop the batch & set ovens again![/spoiler]

:?: On-E'rcana-topic, but besides above, i have some stupid questions:
- what is/are the material(s) pellet made of?
- how does it get to the oven?
- is there a specific harvestperiod?
- who harvests?
- when are we out of basic material?

If the above recipe is a bit complex for you (and getting an exact number can take a little bit of trial and error to get correct), you can try the 30-30-30 recipe. This one works well, but takes 3 hours to complete instead of 2. Other than that, it's all about having fun and filling the lake with wonderful pellet surprise (that and rocking out to some great tunes!)

KI: 03390194

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

Lord Chaos wrote:
Tai wrote:
LC is providing music from the beginning to the end, so you can just tap into that for your party or make arrangements for another music source.

This wants some clariication. The event is supposed to run 24 hours and while I could provide music for the whole period, I would encourage you to sign up other D'niJs so there will be more variety. Urutunes.com lists a bunch of people just waiting to be asked, but unfortunately few of them seem to check this forum.

So, I recommend you post on the Urutunes forum what you're designing and ask for volunteers. Have them sign up for time slots as we did for the Day of Dancing, although this time I suspect we'll use our own respective Shoutcast servers and turn them on and off in coordination.

I do not want to gain a reputation as the Microsoft of Cavern music providers. :)

i already told tai i can play something between 4-6 hours together with dj.ahan probably. best time would be around 10 - 16 KI time. i still have to ask him though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Sorry for any confusion, guys. In that particular post, I was just trying to point out how easy it is for someone to host a party during the blitz. I'd planned to try to recruit more D'niJs and then try to match them up. But, it would be great if both hosts and DJs could post here to make a connection. And, thank you, LC for posting a request to the UruTunes site! :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3