It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:08 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:11 pm 

Shorah friends!

I've been thinking lately about what I would really like to see in the next version of MOUL and was wondering what was at the top of all of your wishlists. Your ideas don't have to be things that could actually happen as of now, just what you would like to see if unlimited resources were available. My top pick are:

- A newly designed neighborhood system where the members of a hood actually live in the houses of a Bevin, rather than Relto. You would still be able to link to Relto, and collect things for it, but you could also collect things for your house as well. I think it would be cool if there was also a way to get items like benches, chairs, boomboxes, and snack tables to decorate your hoods with as you choose. This would take a lot of thought and time in order to implement correctly, but I've always liked the idea of actually being able to live in D'ni.

- An official editor for designing ages that would allow the Guild of Writers to have an easier set of tools to work with. It would be awesome if the writers could actually work with Cyan to make ages!

- A way for explorers to get more involved with actual restoration. I'm not exactly how this would work, maybe through tasks or puzzles, but a way for explorers to help repair various places around the cavern and actually see improvements. I think that would be very cool!

- And lastly, I would really like to be able to visit the Myst V ages along with the rest of Myst Island. How awesome would it be if Myst Island was made public! :D

Thats what tops my list right now, but what about all of you? Feel free to comment on any of my ideas and post your own. I wasn't sure if I should post this in the suggestions section or not, so I apologize if I put it in the wrong place. :oops:

Last edited by Trevor1017 on Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:22 pm 

All those are great suggestions!

I would like to be able to interact more with the animals, feeding Shroomie was a blast and I would like to befriend a squee next. Also, instead of kicking those poor quabs in the water, I want to put some in my pocket and have them live near the waterfall in my Relto. Lastly, I want to tame some of the large animals to transport me through the ages, like go on a safari through the vast areas of cleft/desert and Minkata, expore the sea in Teledahn on a friendly shroomie, or *gasp* soar through the air on a big flying critter in Gahreesen. I just love the green hills out there!

Ah... sweet daydreams.... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:13 pm 

Cool thread :D

I would like to see...

1) good marketing.A game like MOUL need a good maketing,better than many other games.

2) fixes to the MOUL content.I have a whole list,with discription of each one.But it would take A LOT of space,so...though I can tell you some,without discription: jalak dador arena bigger and book is moved,yeesha speeches in bahro caves,letting us out of the pods as part of the pods journey (it's an intersting idea,but I won't discribe here),speeches by yeesha when you get a spark,bahro wedges in the ABM bahro cave,,..A LOT MORE.And each and everyone got a discription to make it more clear.

3) first new ages that will be released will be for: first age- gardens journey,second age- gardens journey (final age for that journey),third age- minkata journey (same journey symbol,same subject,different age,different puzzle.second and last age for that journey).From there,new journeys.

4) this is a nice idea: public ages.When you link to an age for the 1st time,a link will be added to the nexus links: a public age.Everyone who links there,you will see.And they will see you.Gahreesen,minkata,teledahn,negilahn,whatever.The puzzles are disabled,only needed things such as gahreesen elevator are active.Of course you will still have your personal version through relto or the the personal section in nexus.

This is it.If I would really wrote about everyone of the ideas,and discribe them,it would take me a lot of time and space.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Focus return to D'ni and the cavern.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tweek wrote:
Focus return to D'ni and the cavern.

*yeahthat*

Make the Yeesha/Bahro/Relto parts of the game move into the sidelines and focus on the restoration of D'ni and the Cavern. I think it would be far more appealing for those sorts of "mystical" things to be more in the background, keeping them more mysterious.

Part of this should involve a focus on actually making the Cavern a part of us. Cyan could model a general outside to various areas (kind of how it is with the hoods and all the sealed doors there), and then players could own a certain amount of space, hollowing out that room or building for their use. They could design the room using Age-building tools -- although they would be constrained by a kind of "neighborhood association" to keep people from painting a dignified section of the Guild Hall in hot pink. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:18 pm 

I just want it back and be happy with anything they throw in. Though I would love to finally be able to go to some places in the city that have been blocked off for far to long.

boat rides anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'd like to see y'all back there with me. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'd like to have narrated books as in Myst 4. I'd rather listen to a book than read it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:14 pm 

Well, let's see....

1) Working animals in the jungle pod for *everybody* (I never got to see them!)
2) The addition of fan-made ages (so long as they're good... there are some pretty bad ones, so I wouldn't want them to spoil the game)
3) The opening of the Concert Hall so that the choir and groups like that could perform like real pros!
4) More Bahro appearances.
5) Some restoration to the dilapidated city - perhaps a group of fans could take care of this? I think we should all be allowed to take part in making the city nice and beautiful again.

That's all I want to suggest for now... I don't want it to seem like I'm starved for new content (i.e., "We want the Ae'gura Aquarium open!!!"), I'm just merely suggesting things that could make goings-on a little more interesting.

That said, if it could be opened, I have a pretty clear idea what the Concert Hall could look like, so if anyone wants help designing that......

I have walked the path of Troughton...
From "The Power of the Daleks" (May 2007?)
To "The Two Doctors" (June 26, 2007)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:27 pm 

Most important for me, something new, even if fan-created ages. Not interested in just the same as it was, beautiful though the ages were.

And a storyline of some sort. Wouldn't have to be much. A new clue for something each week that had to be found, interpreted, discussed. Blurry KI photos from ages yet to be released.

Somewhere down the road, a better KI than current one.

The rest of K'veer. I think they have that modeled. We never got to see it.

"Let's pretend it's not," said Rabbit, "and let's see what happens."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:46 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Skinny dipping, a Relto link bubble to the Caldera, and The Great Shaft fully implemented.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:50 pm 

I want to be able to slide down that waterfall in Gira and make my way to the village.

Kate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

I agree with the expressed sentiments about the focus returning to the Cavern and D'ni, and the Bahro and Yeesha and other such things being more background (except for once in a while), to keep them more mysterious.

That being said, what I missed in 2007 MOUL, and would have liked better to see again, is the sense of cohesion I had with the Ages Beyond Myst storyline, Uru Live Prologue, and the X-paks (and Myst V). I think the speeches, journals (especially Doug Sharper's growing Journal), Yeesha imager recordings, etc, all held those stories together very well.

The OLD drc site progress reports, with fuzzy KI images and audio recordings as features of the KI were "discovered" and "repaired" were wonderful and more regular.

I liked SCARS because it was more than just an Age release. That part of 2007 had some cohesion and excellent acting.

I, too, would like to "move in" to a D'ni neighborhood dwelling. And I would like to help dig away debris somehow (with visual effects), and discover artifacts (that you can see and manipulate and give to others) that contribute to the story (the "artifacts" would not even need to be technological, books, or anything earth-shattering). The artifacts could be simple, but would add to the story of what the D'ni were.

Any great work of art revives and readapts time and space, and the measure of its success is the extent to which it makes you an inhabitant of that world - the extent to which it invites you in and lets you breathe its strange, special air. Bernstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:59 pm 

I would love to see a focus on the cavern, the city, the D'ni, the story, and adding things to existing areas. Doors opening, etc. I would also love to see the work of fellow explorer's creativity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:13 am 

Yes, a lot of the above, but bring our avies more to life, so we can interact more with a more interactive environment. As far as user-created Ages go, I think we should be prepared for only a small minority of efforts making the cut. However, I think users can contribute in a major way other new features in the game that we would enjoy and be surprised by. I'd rather have less that does more, than more than is less. In other words, quality over quantity.

Oh, and I agree with Whilyam about story and more interactive features connecting us to the plotline. I've tried and tried to get into the real-time storyline but cannot. We need more action and mystery and drama and surprises like...well, like a real story!

In the meantime, I'll be off playing other games and pursuing other things. I hope there's an email blast if something big happens. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next