It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:46 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Which of those journeys you liked the best?
Sparks 9%  9%  [ 6 ]
Eders 22%  22%  [ 15 ]
Pods 10%  10%  [ 7 ]
Addited Rezeero 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Minkata 33%  33%  [ 23 ]
Addited TPOTS 22%  22%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 69
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:01 pm 

Hi!

I'm interested,which of the new,addited journeys (MOUL only,addited TPOTS,addited rezeero) you like the best? I know some of you don't like any,but which one,you think,was the best of them?

P.S: I know the rezeero isn't really a journey but "a big DRC project",but it's still important isn't it?

Thank you,

The stranger.

Last edited by ThedStranger on Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:20 pm 

I actually liked the Addited Rezeero, it was like a scavenger hunt, and the fact that anyone can make a marker mission plus add messages to the markers, and put them any where in the Caverns or any other age meant that the potential for new marker missions was limitless

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

omg, the Eder garden puzzles (everyone having to work together to time it just right) was always such a blast!

The witticisms you would hear were so much fun.

Any chance to get together with fellow cavern dwellers is always a good time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:36 pm 

I love em all, but i admit i am a Pod junkie...i never can get enough of the wonders of the pods :) :)

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

I liked collecting the Calendar Sparks for a few reasons.
1) It was fun to gather something that built up your Relto,
2) It was fun hunting for them, and...
3) The anticipation of seeing what would happen, when you had collected all twelve, kept me coming back to the game and I eagerly awaited the next month's release.

Finally, I liked the whole idea of the Calendar Sparks, as they have tremendous potential to be used to set-up each year's new release of monthly episodes. For example, rather than have a fireworks type of center piece to your newly created Calendar Island, a continuous upward flow of sparks at the center of the island could be used and, when you walked into it, you could be transported (kind of a Star Trek like thing) to the start of the new year's episode. All kinds of portals to all kinds of Ages could be created in your Relto in this way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:13 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

The poll is flawed because I cannot find "addited" even in my hefty Webster's Unabridged Dictionary to understand the choices.

I will say that without a real gameplay goal, the sparks might turn out to be my least favorite because of their utter lack of meaning. If the completed island turned out to be a bubble link to the Myst V ages, it would be my most favorite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:19 pm 

Addited= additions made to the journey in MOUL (additions to the singel-player version).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:48 pm 

:D We get the jist - ie - we more or less give license to these new words creeping in - but it would be nice if we stuck to plain English. I just wish some of you would run a spell check now and again before posting - it is free you know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:37 pm 

Minkata. I liked the spiral journeys as well, but Minkata was one of the more clever puzzles this new Uru came up with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:41 pm 

I think these spelling and malapropism issues arise because of a translation problem -- the translation between elementary school and high school.

I liked Minkata, but had to cheat. I found it bleak and irritating, too.

The sparklies were irrelevant. They were razzle-dazzle, somewhat fun to find, and ultimately just another shiny stone.

The Garden Ages were excellent and brought a lot of people out of their shells (including me). However, I don't think all puzzles have to be cooperative to work -- Ahnonay, IMO, was overcomplicated and didn't work for most (who mostly followed the leaders), much like the Pod timing, because most of the figuring and solutions were discovered here, in the forum, or by one person's number crunching. When playing cooperatively, it shouldn't be follow-the-leader who has the answers. In the Garden Ages, most of the solutions were discovered together in the Age, and very humorously. This is, of course, different than playing alone, where it's all up to you.

I think new explorers who aren't familiar with Myst-like games could quickly grasp the Garden Ages and Ages like them, and join in the fun.

I hope we have some spunky, fun people in the GOW, who can design some simple and fun Ages in beautiful settings...with the focus on fun. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:55 am 

Before this thread derails in a discussion about grammar, spelling and the invention of new words (which I applaud! I think addited is a must-have, the English language is very poor without it!), let's not pick on The Stranger's English... unless you speak his language better than he speaks yours, you have no right to say anything :wink:

/end of nanny mode :P

Last edited by Sophia on Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:07 am 
Obduction Backer

Sophia wrote:
Before this thread derails in a discussion about grammar, spelling and the invention of new words (which I applaud! I think addited is a must-have, the English language is very poor without it!), let's not pick on The Stranger's English... unless you speak his language better than he speaks yours, you have no right to say anything :wink:

/end of nanny mode

Thank you...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:08 am 

Sophia wrote:
... unless you speak his language better than he speaks yours, you have no right to say anything :wink:

Help, help, I'm being repressed!

I suggest the word be changed to EDited. People gotta have respect.

Anyway, I have yet to see many of these new Ages...looking forward to them all, but particularly the Pods, I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:20 am 

I fixed the errors (I think).I feel like an idiot :oops: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:40 am 

i just fingered it to be a mis-spelling, holy cow some people are nit picky.

anyhow, I was hugely disappointed by the outcome of most of the "new" content in MOUL and how most of it was implemented.

The pods served to be a wondrous let down given the potential that they might have had. things like actually seeing animals or being able to somehow interact with them by using the inner werkings of the pods. or being able to fix the tetsonot pod by using clues found in the other pods. or being able to see the rest of the pods that were on the map and finding clues to the past in them, or , or , or ... what they turned out to be was a vast disappointment with the lack of animals, the introduction of a non-interactive storyline, and the lack of any real function other than a cool place to hang out and fulfill a pointless journey.

the sparklies were not a journey really, but that was more do to poor implementation. Again there was potential there to have something meaningful. They could have been pointers to an actual journey, placed somewhere near clues to a greater puzzle, but no. Instead they were just swag for the calendar island in Relto. with no wondrous conclusion after a year's worth of hunting and collecting, just pretty flashes in the sky.

Minkata , though a very well put together puzzle , was not a journey it was one age. IMHO it should have been part of a multi age journey. Instead it was a solitary unconnected age with nothing to learn other than the fact that someone who was able to write English (of all things) had been there and dug caves, wrote clues, and played soccer.

the rezeero only proved to show how unable Cyan was to implement ongoing content or update their own content between the "URU killing" episodes.

the "additted" TPOTS ages, having already been released as stand alone, were a huge let down without the clues that had been there before and a bigger let down when tied to the lake lighting experiment that again showed how unable Cyan was to update their own works once released ,or even come up with a good excuse why things did not werk. Further, Ahononay (whatever) was turned into a non-clue-baring less meaningful age by cutting out the link the empty vault and instead making a complicated multi-person link-maze to a Myst library with NO function other than to disappoint anyone who had played the stand alone version.

the Eders , although a great multi-person puzzle idea, were soon turned into Ages where the few who had figured it out already werked the puzzle without explanation so that those who had not "been through the door" could run in and get the much coveted wedges. whoopee.

All that being said , i have to admit , I enjoyed them all !

My favorite was the AGE of Minkata. Simply because it was the only one that had a puzzle to finger out. And because it was able to be done alone or with friends as the game was touted to be.

P.S. sorry for being quite so long winded.

KI#283599

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next