It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:16 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 23  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:12 am 

I agree that we shouldn't be tied to one storyline, but at the same time, the basic storyline features should be there (e.g. DRC was in D'ni, they failed, the explorers now govern everything.) Once again, like real life, there's many different things going on, but they all contribute to the big picture. I think if we all had our "own" storylines, it would fall apart, because realistically the world isn't like that. There's one truth and one reality. (unless there's a bunch of alternate dimensions I don't know about :P)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:22 am 
Obduction Backer

This is so nice! I love thinking about all the fellow explorers who may not have posted in awhile, then the minute something even remotely hopeful actually happens, we all crowd back online again, and we probably crashed the servers!!! Its a neato thing.

Everyone was just waiting for this moment.....

HAPPY DAYS!!!!

And some whistling and irritation of the pod-dwellers I work amongst did happen today, and they also listened to lots of sighing and fussing. I couldn't log in and check anything whilst I was at work, so all I could do was watch as everyone else got to post their comments!!! I am SO glad it is the weekend! I woulda fainted if I had to go back to work tomorrow.

(/me tap dances)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:36 am 
Obduction Backer

o! I just noticed this nifty thread started by Jahmen
http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19091

It looks like it's a place to discuss ways people feel Uru should come back, Open source or Live or all the various ways.

(More Uru! More Uru! More Uru! woot!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:05 am 
Obduction Backer

Hey, Sh'aeri. It's good to hear from you! Always enjoyed your take on things in The Cavern Today Podcasts. (That is you, right?)

Anyway, I second Jamey's thoughts on URU's comeback, but saying that, I will take it in any form I can get.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:04 am 

Rhendalle wrote:
Hey, Sh'aeri. It's good to hear from you! Always enjoyed your take on things in The Cavern Today Podcasts. (That is you, right?)

Yes, it's me. Thanks so much for the kind words, you know I love you guys. That being said, you might want to know that even though I don't speak up often, I'm always watching y'all with a close eye.

Now, since Rhendalle you've heard me on the Cavern Today, and yes, I do miss the podcast very much (hugs to J'nathus, Anthony, Narym of the 3 million and someodd, and the Mighty Morphin' Mowog), I've been busy with RL. But, you've heard my take on guilds and so forth on the podcasts I was on.

My 2 cents is that we get where we want to go when we work together, not separately. We've got tons of folks who have been working behind the scenes tirelessly, 3D modelers, aspiring texture artists and the like. We have writers who are imagining ages, we've got maintainers chomping at the bit to get to work and messengers that are dying to get some fresh news out to the community. All of these different folks, from the 3D modeler to the messenger have been readying themselves for the moment that OSU would come down the pipe. All of these people are working with the best intentions in mind. However, the road to fiery abyss is usually paved with just that, good intentions.

As I said previously, we don't know anything yet. There have been no solid details disclosed from Cyan, but if someone somewhere knows something solid and can produce the documentation to go along with it, wonderful! I want to hear all about it. Until then though, we don't have anything solid to work with. We can speculate until the cows come home, but that does nothing but exacerbate folks that just might let their passionate views get out of hand.

What are the main themes we have come to enjoy out of our 'universe'? Patience, reservation, level-headed reasoning, strong family ethics, creativity, solidarity, but most of all, keeping our wits about us in a crisis or adrenaline-enhanced situation. We need to maintain a solid family front on this. In the end, what we want is a functioning Cavern filled with life. Splintering into different factions will not bring the cavern to life at this point, it will delay its growth and potential for greatness once we get back in there.

IMHO, getting into the cavern should be our focus at the moment. Where it goes from there should be handled with great care and thought, respecting the many facets of our community. The IC players, the OOC players, the explorers, artisans, those of us who are lifers to the vision; even all the way to the casual folks who just want to take a stroll in a garden age or solve a quick puzzle.

Calm thoughtfulness is what is required at the moment. I caution all of you to maintain a level of cautious optimism while you are letting your imaginations soar to new ages and new worlds. Even you potential legislators who ache to don your Crimson Cloak and direct traffic weighing in whether it should be guild driven, Cyan driven or whathaveyou. That's all for not until we step toe into cavern again.

Love your fellow Uruites, they are your brothers and sisters, aunts, uncles and cousins who stand shoulder to shoulder with you on our collective quest to see our beloved cavern again. We might not always agree, but that's why it's called Family.

My thoughts dwell in the guild hall where the empty chairs of the 5 sit vacant and wait for the return of the great men and women of D'ni.

But again, that's just me of course.

KI: 839389

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:20 am 
Obduction Backer

I'm really excited now!!! Something is on the way!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:24 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Studying some glyphs mysteriously drawn on her fence in Texas.
:shock: WOW :shock:

My head spins to think of the work ahead of us if the DRC or Yeesha call us home.

/wave

Drats, now where did I hide my linking book. My KI was in my jewelry box. My research still in my pack. Better make myself a check list so I don't forget anything. Goes off mumbling to self.

Ti'chelle #10684

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:59 am 

Shorah. I too am so excited about what is coming. I have really missed you wonderful people and the Cyan staff.

I am rusty so have to relearn how to jump on the fountain in the hood in one jump off the retaining wall. I hope we can all get back home sooner, rather than later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:30 pm 

Activity in the Cavern... what could Laxman's sensors be picking up? It has been so quiet for so long. Could it be someone new has just wandered in by the same tortuous underground path? Or did someone come in from Releeshahn...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:39 pm 

well was the Bahro war really resolved? Maybe it was a bahro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:25 pm 

-Bahro
-Esher fleeing Noloben
-Someone from Releeshan
-Some other D'ni? Or maybe their cousins from Devokan?
-Perhaps, despite the 1/9999999999999999999999999999999999 chance, another people who know a version of the Art (add another 1/9999999999999999999999999999999 chance on there), have linked to D'ni by chance.

"Life is not an easy matter... You cannot live through it without falling into frustration and cynicism unless you have before you a great idea which raises you above personal misery, above weakness, above all kinds of perfidy and baseness." -L. T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:39 pm 

Sh'aeri wrote:
They're in the past and there's not a single person here that can shove that manure back into the very dead horse.

(Hugs Sh'aeri! It was really great hanging with you in There.com last night... just like old times.)

I echo the perspectives of others in that the recent DRC activity if nothing else is serving to keep our communities alive.

Indeed the “Genie has been let out of the bottle” as far as user content is concerned. The Uru community by and large has discovered the creative satisfaction producing “user created content” provides.

Look at the work of the very active D’ni Refugee community in Second Life; Devokan for example, and of course the Uru replications such as Gira and the City just to name a few. Another example is There.com where we have the celebrated work I and others have done for the past 6 years. (Hey I have a 3DS license and KNOW how to use it - lol)

The community is indeed putting their hard earned money into the hands of these service providers in exchange for the ability to create, enjoy and share their own created content with the community. And this is all un-policed, with minimal restrictions, totally grass roots organic, and is demonstrably successful.

What if it is possible to take this business model to a new level? If not “open source”, then some other mechanism that provides the community a level of manifest destiny, particularly where content is concerned, and at the same time producing revenue stream to Cyan. Solving that would indeed be innovative!

And we all know how innovative Cyan can be when they set their minds to it.

Tae

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:31 pm 

No joke Tae, right on and well said.

I love seeing what you fantastic modelers make. It's always a joy to see creativity coming out, it adds to the nutritional value of what we have around us, whether it be environmental or just the people. Personally, I want to see who will be the daring soul that will bring my idea of a Literacy Age to life. Hey, we've all got to learn to read and write, right? lol. More than that, I thought about the concert hall and the modelers who will be bringing to life the wonderful D'ni musical instruments I've seen on a couple of fan sites. I'd pay big bucks to go to a concert at the concert hall. (D'ni music please, none of that surface stuff in such a sacred place, IMHO. I can just see the Bahro holding their ears in agony from the thump of hip-hop echoing through the cavern.)

But, it's still "wait and see". I just don't want people to get their expectations too high or be disappointed if user created content isn't doable right away.

However, while I'm waiting to get an "absolutely positive, here's the date", that doesn't stop me from considering getting my backpack out of storage and making a list of must-haves, like a 24 pack of Pepsi, bags of Cool Cleft Flavor D'nitos (which I'll have to hide so J'nathus doesn't eat them all) and my hiking boots. At this point, I'm just glad my snack stash shelf behind my bookcase is lined with shelf paper. I just hope no bugs have gotten back there.

This time though, when the time comes, I'm going to add some new things to my backpack like a clothesline so I can hang out my socks after tromping through the water, a boot drying rack, and my bathing suit, for those quiet evenings in the waterfall jacuzzi after a hard day of exploring. After all, who knows how long it will take for Ahnonay to open back up again. That age always did take a bit of work to get it going right. And who do I need to talk to to get the harvester ride in Er'cana to be longer? I always thought that if it were longer, it'd suit us just fine for a proper hayride.

LOL :P

KI: 839389

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

I said this in the DRC forum:

My bet is that it was Sharper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:28 pm 

For all we know, it could be Ptolemy. Though I highly doubt he would have tripped any alarms.

Regardless, it seems that something's going on... hopefully something big.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 23  Next