It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:16 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 23  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

I say it's Michael Enberg that tripped those security monitors - he's back from wherever he went off to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:12 pm 

It's Elvis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Whoa, Sh'aeri! Three posts in one thread? I guess the genie has been let out of the bottle! It's good to hear your input again.

Anyway, from what I recollect from the podcasts, the Guilds were a hot topic with you and from my perspective, Jamey's opinion appeals to me only because I tend to be somewhat structured when trying to organize things or disseminate information. Too many things coming from too many different directions tends to terrify me and the idea that there will be so many more fingers in the collective pie with Open Source boggles my mind. (But that's just me :wink:).

I've always admired your passionate pleas for the success of Myst Online franchise and I'm sure your views concerning its success are far more relevant than mine because to be honest, I am not a big fan of Online games and social networking and that seems to be where your interests lay. That being said, MOUL appealed to me because of its beauty and mystery and those I met online all seamed to have one common purpose in mind... to make MOUL as pleasant of an experience as possible. Plus they had a genuine concern for the continuance of the franchise. That, to me is what made it special.

You're right. "We don't know anything yet" and to speculate now is probably futile and unwise because of the divisiveness it can cause. But isn't it fun just to have something to speculate on?

Take care and let's hope additional news comes to pass!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:27 pm 

All quiet from the DRC, probably get an update when Kodama and Sutherland come back from the city, which most likely will be on Monday. Pretty excited about this, first big news we've heard in a while, I hope it reveals a joint project between Cyan and the fans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

This could be the beginning of an IC explanation of the changes coming to the cavern. Explorers will soon be back in the cavern en mass. Why? What will change to make that happen? Later, explorers will be writing their own Ages. I'd like to see the DRC's reaction to that. Will they embrace it? Oppose it? Tolerate it grudgingly? Will some members support it while others oppose? There could be a very interesting debate soon taking place over on the DRC forum, a little drama to keep the fans entertained while, OOC, Cyan gets their ducks in a row.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:03 pm 

ces wrote:
I said this in the DRC forum:

My bet is that it was Sharper.

Not Sharper! Nooooooooooooooooooo! He brings a gun to everything. The man is evil. He's probably still shooting Bahro.

And @ Rhendalle, I love the guilds. They're an integral part of D'ni life. I just want to see them done right. That's all. :) It'd break my heart if we see people make a mad dash to be in charge and hurt other people in the process. Too many chefs in a kitchen tend to ruin the meal, that's why I'm just a humble dishwasher. lol.

KI: 839389

Last edited by Sh'aeri on Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Um, actually, Watson encouraged Explorers to learn how to write new ages. He said they were needed to find an answer to the Bahro war.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

Marie Sutherland and Dr Kodama said on Feb 05 they would check out the cavern, and why sensors were tripped, on Feb 06. It's getting to be the end of the day now (16:55 Mountain Time) of Feb 06, and they haven't reported in yet with their findings. I am beginning to get worried! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:11 am 
Obduction Backer

Whilyam wrote:
It's Elvis.

TCB

Taking care of Bahro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:19 am 

Todoni wrote:
Marie Sutherland and Dr Kodama said on Feb 05 they would check out the cavern, and why sensors were tripped, on Feb 06. It's getting to be the end of the day now (16:55 Mountain Time) of Feb 06, and they haven't reported in yet with their findings. I am beginning to get worried! :shock:

I'm thinking it would probably be pretty difficult to get cell phone and internet signals deep in the cavern.

I imagine there will be another report either tomorrow or monday afternoon :wink:

KI#46415
KI#80658

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:26 am 
Obduction Backer

DRC have long since tied systems in the cavern to their website, probably through the KI knowing Laxman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:10 am 
Obduction Backer

The DRC posts we've been discussing just shows how much of a class act Cyan Worlds is. Slow and methodical. But with class.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:49 am 

Teknobubba wrote:
The DRC posts we've been discussing just shows how much of a class act Cyan Worlds is. Slow and methodical. But with class.

i agree, cyan is a class act!

Image ki #101936

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:08 am 

Sh'aeri wrote:
...What we do have in abundance is time and hope.

*Lifts glass*

So here's to hope and the love of the world that binds us and makes us family.

But you know what? That's just me of course.

What she said. I'll be very happy just to get back down to the Cavern and see folks. No matter how it's accomplished, I'll support it and see how it unfolds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:23 am 

No one will be happy when Kodama and Sutherland come up saying "it's all gone, oh well" and Cyan announces they're never bringing Uru back. :P

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 23  Next