It is currently Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:31 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:52 am 
Obduction Backer

please don't let this spike of interest fizzle out Cyan...

You've got our attention now, completely and utterly, don't waste it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:53 am 
Obduction Backer

EowynCarter wrote:
If there is a beta going on, why didn't cyan gave ALL of us a chance to be a part of it?

I suspect it would probably be a very brief and small beta. Remember the first Uru Live? It started with 5 authorized explorers. Then it ramped up through several stages, but that was for a full MMO with content. I expect this is a simple thing since there is probably nothing new content-wise. That's what makes the most sense to me right now anyway. By the sounds of Dr. Watson's post, there should be many more explorers very soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:55 am 
Obduction Backer

the first uru live also never got out of the introduction stage. =P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:57 am 
Obduction Backer

Kodama replied and I want to know where do I sign up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:59 am 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for the update, realXCV!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:10 am 
Obduction Backer

realXCV wrote:
Kodama replied and I want to know where do I sign up.
And Watson again. The DRC haven't been this chatty in years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:12 am 
Obduction Backer

Here's hoping they keep this up, and don't waste this opportunity.

Aye, they do need to sleep, but, if that was the case, why not start the process later on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:40 am 
Obduction Backer

...and nothing =/

*sigh*

That was looking really promising. =/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:43 am 
Obduction Backer

Sign me up for the cannot-confirm-or-deny beta too :D

From all this I get the feeling things are bound to happen soon. Let's say... maybe next week they are going to expand this beta? Dr. Watson's post certainly hints to that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:57 am 

Well, I guess we can deduce that no one in this thread knows what a beta is. :roll:

Honestly, "when's Cyan going to give all of us story?" If you want to get involved, do it. If other people got story from Cyan, oh well. I made my post there without Cyan info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Whilyam wrote:
Well, I guess we can deduce that no one in this thread knows what a beta is. :roll:

Um, it's a testing stage where you invite people in to test for bugs and server problems then you ask them for feedback. Got that right?

I was just saying, IN CASE there is a closed beta, I would like to get an invite. Otherwise, I'm not good at role-playing, which is the exact reason I'm not getting involved in the discussions at the DRC site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

I agree with Whilyam. I attributed to the discussion just by commenting on others' experiences... It's not that hard to join the story.

Anyway, we may soon have Uru back ... let's not start bickering over story, shall we? We should be happy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:20 pm 

Probably because they wanted to use a few previously known beta testers who actually did beta tesing. Its probably easier to organize as well, since you don't have to worry about receiving 'beta testers' who just play through and don't report bugs and issues, nor try to find problems.

Then again I thought Cyan got the majority of these nailed down long ago, so they might have just been test driving the online capabilities of Uru to make sure everything is in order, or they've actually been making changes (e.g new ages?)...

"Life is not an easy matter... You cannot live through it without falling into frustration and cynicism unless you have before you a great idea which raises you above personal misery, above weakness, above all kinds of perfidy and baseness." -L. T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:29 pm 

dragossh wrote:
Whilyam wrote:

Um, it's a testing stage where you invite people in to test for bugs and server problems then you ask them for feedback. Got that right?

I was just saying, IN CASE there is a closed beta, I would like to get an invite. Otherwise, I'm not good at role-playing, which is the exact reason I'm not getting involved in the discussions at the DRC site.

Right. Not some magical place where Cyan give you and only you the story. And it would likely be covered by an NDA, which is somewhat the opposite of repeatedly talking about what goes on inside it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

Mekeretrig wrote:
Then again I thought Cyan got the majority of these nailed down long ago, so they might have just been test driving the online capabilities of Uru to make sure everything is in order, or they've actually been making changes (e.g new ages?)...

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. They might want to tweak their servers before everything goes up.

As for new ages, I don't think Cyan has enough time for that, now that we know there's still no funding.

Whilyam wrote:
Right. Not some magical place where Cyan give you and only you the story. And it would likely be covered by an NDA, which is somewhat the opposite of repeatedly talking about what goes on inside it.

Hey, we're all speculating here. NDA, no NDA, beta, no beta, who knows. All we know is that there were reports that didn't contradict each other and -- more than that -- were confirmed by DRC. That's why all this speculation started.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next