It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:18 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:02 am 

Chuckles58 wrote:
Hopefully, the threshhold we stand in front of will be an enjoyable experience. But really, a little patience and civility would be a good idea right now. Leave the arguments of the past in the past.

Agreed. :)

Paradox wrote:
Anyone else getting tired of the DRC repeatedly coming up with IC "explanations" for stuff that is clearly OOC, and has no IC connection?

...Honestly, no not really. Why should I be?

Paradox wrote:
The DRC days are over... the sooner we get the source, the sooner we start building our story.

If you're only specifically talking about the DRC, Seems to me they are still alive. After all, that is the reason for the topic; to show that the DRC still had life in it :) I am still looking forward to releasing stories with our fan created ages though.

If you are talking about the DRC in an OOC sense (If you are talking about Cyan), I also doubt their days are "over", they seem getting better right now considering Uru is finally returning. :D

Peace everyone! I look forward to seeing you and Cyan in the cavern soon!

-------------------------

edited by zam

KI#46415
KI#80658

Last edited by Jamey on Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:16 am 
Obduction Backer

Paradox wrote:
Anyone else getting tired of the DRC repeatedly coming up with IC "explanations" for stuff that is clearly OOC, and has no IC connection?

The DRC days are over... the sooner we get the source, the sooner we start building our story.

Right, but if the direction Cyan wishes to go with the sources, involves them in a direct fashion, the DRC as the IC hand of Cyan is more than welcome IMO. Let's say they want to help guide the way with canon, I'd much rather have DRC people doing that than RAWA stepping in and handing us info. Or give a IC canon explanation of the cavern's reopening, it should be the DRC and this is probably their way of providing that IC explanation for those who want it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:31 am 
Obduction Backer

Paradox wrote:

Thinking about things in a strictly IC way... the DRC have devoted huge portions of their lives to the restoration of D'ni. Despite the hardships they've faced, it seems incredibly unlikely that they're just going to give up and be on their way. It makes perfect sense for the DRC to be involved to some degree.

I'd also like to point out that Victor's post doesn't necessarily mean a return of the DRC. It's just a sign that a member of the DRC still takes interest in the cavern... it doesn't seem impossible that they'd all come back just out of love for D'ni, even if they have no means of working to restore it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:43 am 
Obduction Backer

Wow! It is so cool to hear about the sensors being tripped! I thought Victor Laxman had retired, or maybe was caught up in one of those layoffs during our "current economic crisis'".

But I would think that the Bahro would still be hanging around, so sensors might get tripped all the time....

You can't assume that any of the closed rooms (like the museum or the library) would keep the Bahro out, 'cause I remember them appearing in the linking room in my neighborhood.

So where can sensors be placed, and then only be set off by human explorers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:49 am 

Anyone for some cake??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:58 am 
Obduction Backer

Paradox wrote:

Actually, I kind of like the way Cyan seems to be dropping hints about the status of Uru. In their typical fashion, they're presenting us with slightly cryptic clues, and leaving us to find them. (I mean, stating that in the DRC forums? Good thing some of our members keep an eye on those!!!)

And, if it means getting Uru back, then I say bring on the DRC!!

KI#00149165

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:58 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Todoni wrote:
So where can sensors be placed, and then only be set off by human explorers?

LOTS of places. Like the cafeteria milk dispenser.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:06 am 

Oh shii, the Myst fans are getting rowdy.

I'm actually excited by these developments.

An IC reflection of OOC developments always keeps things interesting. It might be perceived as a little pretentious, but they are Cyan and its their game :P .

I think this might have something to do with Locke tricking Ben into killing Jacob.

"Life is not an easy matter... You cannot live through it without falling into frustration and cynicism unless you have before you a great idea which raises you above personal misery, above weakness, above all kinds of perfidy and baseness." -L. T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:06 am 
Obduction Backer

Aww man Jaffa Cakes are so very tasty...

@doc

Personally I have no issue with the DRC being around still, given the fact that after all the hardship many of us are still here working with Uru it doesn't seem a far stretch to think they feel that way too.

Personally I'm a little ashamed to see that we finally get some good news, only to have it met with bickering again.

That said...

Strength Through Unity
Unity Through Faith

England Prevails.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:25 am 

So we finally go back to Uru? :)

Anyway I hope it will be open source, or at least won't have a lot of Cyan Worlds in it... I know it's annoying to see your game on the hands of the world, but I'm sure they can release it open source while making some agreement, so they can get back once they get a lot of funding and know what the players really want and how to implement that (something they never got quite right in Uru).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:31 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Wow, I go out for the evening and come back to find this?!? Nice find, Jamey! :D

Tweek wrote:
Personally I'm a little ashamed to see that we finally get some good news, only to have it met with bickering again.

Yeah, that's annoying. But, hey, at least it means they're passionate about it. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:31 am 
Obduction Backer

It would be great to be able to spend some time in the cavern again. :lol: Ik hope everithing is just the way it was when it closed down the last time. Those initial explorere have to be very carefull! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:35 am 
Obduction Backer

Tai'lahr wrote:
Yeah, that's annoying. But, hey, at least it means they're passionate about it. :wink:

true

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:40 am 

Tweek wrote:

We have news... but it could also be a major cataclysm that's triggering the sensors as the whole cavern collapses.

So news, but not necessarily good nor bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:46 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Paradox wrote:
We have news... but it could also be a major cataclysm that's triggering the sensors as the whole cavern collapses.

So news, but not necessarily good nor bad.

:shock: And, the story turns out to be that the DRC go to investigate and are all killed? :shock: End of Uru forever?

Not likely. No matter what, Cyan seems to want to always leave room for future possibilities. I think they'd rather leave the cavern to collect dust until the end of time than actually end the story.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next