It is currently Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:58 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:40 pm 

Chogon wrote:
Mac_Fife wrote:
ThedStranger wrote:
So, if you have not previously downloaded the installer *or* you have not completed the download of the game using UruLauncher.exe (and you still have hours left) then you will want to get the new installer.

Thanks,
Chogon

So If I understand correctly ... I have the 1.866 patch and then it started to download the the files but then with just a few downloaded I was dropped... now do I go into my program files and delete the Uru file? And wait for the new installer??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Shorah and a big thank you to all from Cyan and Moul for making this happen again, and thank you Rawa for keeping us posted :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:43 pm 

So, I understand that the seperate download could take a day, but I'm curious what that means for those who already have the game ready to go. Did I miss something?

Edit: Oops, missed the part where they're working on a seperate build for that. Interesting to see how that will work. Hope it's done when it's ready soon! :D

MO:UL KI Number: 6138333

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
This IS my signature...

Last edited by JeffeJ5005 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:44 pm 
Dimitrios wrote:
Wait 3000? hehe he when the servers will stabilize i will post in every Greek pc games magazine site and everwhere i can hehe of course in FB and everywhere including the building walls in Athens.( do you think that a peacefull protest in the streets of Athens with a plakat with a sign " Myst is again live and free globally" would help? Maybe CNN with all the economic crysis will take me a picture or better an interview 8)
CNN: Whats your demand sir?
Dimitrios : Myst is online, Myst is online yoohooooo dong dong ....

Oh, Dimi--I have missed your boundless enthusiasm! I'm SO looking forward to seeing you again in the Cavern, maybe at Myss Terrie's Bevin. You know, I think your English has gotten much better over the past two years!

I was/will be R'ubi Mai.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:47 pm 

We have a mirror listed here in MOUL now. Download mirror for you… that a fan put together after they got the new download. I've written my experience with it on OpenUru.org.

It uses a file service for download. My hope is that with the latest files I won't need to download via the launcher. With any luck I'll be ready to go into the game and not have to wait on downloads.

If most fans have that installed, it would really reduce the load on Cyan servers. Yes, no?

I'm not sure what Cyan is doing with the legal aspects of mirrors. I realize there are lots of problems involved in what they say here, but it would be nice to get some clarity... or even a preference.

Of course the next bottle neck is going to be the game server overloading. Expecting 200 and getting 3,000 is quite an adjustment to make. I would love to know what is happening on the tech side of things.

How many servers are involved?
How many did Cyan start with?
How many did they end up using?
Is this one still Oracle based?
Is it going to be possible to run a home based shard?
Will home based servers be able to support the main shard?
Will there be stand alone fan shards or will open source be more of a cooperative network?

o.o ... what do you mean your busy right now?

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:51 pm 

I will advise waiting for official Cyan downloads and file set ups for many reasons, not the least of them respect and trust.

There was a mirror around that had corrupted files in it. I think we should allow Cyan to set the path for this and for everything to do with MOUL. Rand made it clear they will do all they can to move things along but for now lets be happy with what we have, and what we can enjoy. They are clearly thinking ahead about the possbilities and using the Guilds to help with the work of adding new content. For now, we have MOUL back and that is what most of us hoped and dreamed of.

thanks very much Chogon for the update.

Looking forward to seeing many happy returning and new explorers in the Cavern.

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:09 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Nalates wrote:
I'm not sure what Cyan is doing with the legal aspects of mirrors.

The installer is Cyan-built and the download is from storage under Cyan control. That protects their interests and makes it theirs and legal. Like Chris said, best to wait for the genuine article.

Last edited by JWPlatt on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for posting Chogon and Rawa!

Thanks for posting Natales!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:31 pm 

Thanks so much for the update RAWA and Chogon!

Any wait is a happy one for me, just seeing that "Uru Launcher" shortcut ready on my desktop, and knowing we're all on our way back is enough for now. It will be awesome to see everyone there and let the fun times begin again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:03 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

winfrey wrote:
So If I understand correctly ... I have the 1.866 patch and then it started to download the the files but then with just a few downloaded I was dropped... now do I go into my program files and delete the Uru file? And wait for the new installer??

On the basis of Chogon's clarification (of my presumption), the mirrors will probably give a much better download speed, so you may actually be faster downloading the whole thing from new rather than persevering with the current installer/launcher. On the other hand, if your download got as far as, say, less than 100MB to go, then you might be best just to carry on where you left off, but keep in mind JWPlatt's comment further back in this thread that by using that download stream you'll be impacting on the game server, etc.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:34 pm 

Thank you, RAWA, Chogon and all the other Cyan employees working to resolve MOULagain issues.

What's the best way for me to receive breaking news regarding game access? Is there a particular forum or thread to which I can subscribe, rather than obsessively checking this site during the next two days?

Susa'n KI#1040105 (member Shorah gah bigtotee's Hood)
CT Hostess Susa'n KI#9122427 (member Cavern Tour's Hood)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:35 pm 

Nalates wrote:
I'm not sure what Cyan is doing with the legal aspects of mirrors. I realize there are lots of problems involved in what they say here, but it would be nice to get some clarity... or even a preference.

Well, i don't think there is anything to really think of. Anyone that is considered a gamer over the internet, expecially MMO gamers, are used to mirror sites and many, if not the most, Companies delivering games, trials and demos are using them.

FilePlanet, FileFront, etc... have their business in deliverying a fast download services, partially for free, or for a small fee, to the final users. They have no interests in breaking any legal rights of the companies that request their services, otherwise they would close pretty fast.

Personally I'm surprised Cyan didn't setup this kind of solution from the beginning, because it's too obvious that the client download would have hurt anyone that already have the client and try to enter the game, if everything share the same bandwidth.

Anyway, they are fixing this issue and we will be able to return into the cavern pretty soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:40 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Susa'n wrote:
What's the best way for me to receive breaking news regarding game access? Is there a particular forum or thread to which I can subscribe, rather than obsessively checking this site during the next two days?

Yeah, some of us noticed you checking in a lot.

Honest to goodness Susa'n, I think you'll be here when it happens. ;)

What have you gotten, about two hours sleep in 48 hours? Hehe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:03 am 

You mean we could actually sleep in the last 48 hours?

It would be nice if we could get some sort of official *rough* time frame if possible regarding getting into the game if we have our download and are simply waiting to get in the game (I am ready, just have not been able to get it). Hours, days?

Last edited by mtn'man on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:06 am 

JWPlatt wrote:
Susa'n wrote:

Yeah, some of us noticed you checking in a lot.

Honest to goodness Susa'n, I think you'll be here when it happens. ;)

What have you gotten, about two hours sleep in 48 hours? Hehe.
Huh? I've gotten plenty of sleep the past few days, and I'm no more enthusiastic about entering the Cavern than anyone else here. Please stop counting my posts, following me around and mocking me every time I post. It's annoying. Thanks.

Susa'n KI#1040105 (member Shorah gah bigtotee's Hood)
CT Hostess Susa'n KI#9122427 (member Cavern Tour's Hood)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next