It is currently Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:39 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:00 am 
Obduction Backer

Apologies if this contains spoilers (how to find certain ages), but they're minor enough that I didn't think necessary to put in the spoilers section.

I am wondering if it is possible to get Eder Delin and Tsogal on my Relto bookshelf. I understand that both of these ages are accessible from the hoods -- but only one of them is available in each hood (at random). That means that to get to the other one, I have to randomly find another hood which contains its linking book. That's fine the first time, but it's pretty annoying after that.

Why are these two the only books that didn't end up on my Relto shelf anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:38 am 
Obduction Backer

Nope... those Ages are only Hood accessed. Public Ages don't come from the Relto Bookshelf except your Hood. Someone else can explain why, I hope.

Still, it is pretty easy to note a couple Hoods that have the proper books, eh?

Dadguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:42 am 

Delin and Tsogal are almost too small to have books, first off (Kemo and Gira have books for obvious reasons).

Plus, there's no point. You aren't able to "do" anything in Delin and Tsogal because the Journeys there require 7+ people. The only Age that gives a book that requires more than one person is Jalak Dalor, for the express reason that different groups might use different books on special occasions.

I would love to see more Eder books, and perhaps have a new book on our shelf that Links us to a "Garden Library" consisting of various Garden Ages (once we go OS).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:06 am 
Obduction Backer

Oo, that's a lovely idea. "Eder" style ages are a nice place for beginning Age creators to start, to make something nice-looking in a simple, small context...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:52 am 
Obduction Backer

rivenwanderer wrote:
Oo, that's a lovely idea. "Eder" style ages are a nice place for beginning Age creators to start, to make something nice-looking in a simple, small context...

A few tiny but beautiful Eder ages are already existing out there between the misty branches of the Great Tree... I can't wait... Hurry up Cyan with the user-made ages, pretty please....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:38 am 
Obduction Backer

Nek'rahm wrote:
Delin and Tsogal are almost too small to have books, first off (Kemo and Gira have books for obvious reasons).

Hmm .. yes but would be very handy while doing the puzzles there. It seems like the 4th and 5th bookshelf slots from the top never have any books in them. Couldn't these two eders go there?

Nek'rahm wrote:
Plus, there's no point. You aren't able to "do" anything in Delin and Tsogal because the Journeys there require 7+ people.

Minor spoilers:
[spoiler]7? I did it with 2. It was a LOT of effort, so I'd recommend at least 3. But I wouldn't say you need 7.[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:10 pm 

One other thing I noticed?

I went into a random neighborhood in the hopes of finding the garden age my home hood didn't have. Luckily, the first hood had it. The neighborhood was empty, so I went into the age. Started to wander, when I heard splashing water... but I wasn't standing in any of the pools. Then I saw another person who had already been there.

Seems that these ages are linked to the neighborhood by default.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:31 pm 

I would appreciate Delin/Tsogal books in Relto just because it would make it easier to access them. The instancing would be kept the same just like for the brown city book locations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:38 pm 

Chessrook44 wrote:
One other thing I noticed?

I went into a random neighborhood in the hopes of finding the garden age my home hood didn't have. Luckily, the first hood had it. The neighborhood was empty, so I went into the age. Started to wander, when I heard splashing water... but I wasn't standing in any of the pools. Then I saw another person who had already been there.

Seems that these ages are linked to the neighborhood by default.

There linked to the neighborhood you came from by default. So if you linked in from Guild of Greeter's Hood then anyone who linked from GoG before or after you will show up in the same instance you are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:12 pm 

Eat_My_Shortz wrote:
Nek'rahm wrote:
Plus, there's no point. You aren't able to "do" anything in Delin and Tsogal because the Journeys there require 7+ people.

Minor spoilers:
[spoiler]7? I did it with 2. It was a LOT of effort, so I'd recommend at least 3. But I wouldn't say you need 7.[/spoiler]

Now your bragging. :wink:
Although there are rumors of a player from yesteryear doing it all alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think that's an URU myth. :) I don't see how you can run fast enough to do it on your own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:31 am 

I was able to do Eder Tsogal by myself once. It took a bunch of tries to get a combination that was possible to do by myself. I haven't been able to do Delin yet though.

KI# 00140468

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:30 am 
Obduction Backer

My guess is that those two spaces on the shelf were once intended for Delin and Tsogal, but that Cyan ran into some kind of logistical problems with putting them there and it ended up never happening. There's nothing else that space can really be for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:03 am 
Obduction Backer

My hood has Tsogal, so my plan is to schmooze around and get an invite to a hood with Delin. Long before, when Tsogal sorta took over the hood bookrooms, we had lists of who had a Delin - I wonder if it's more 50-50 now. In any event, I'm curious what generally-accessible hoods in the nexus have which Eder. (But not curious enough to start a whole nother topic! :) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:10 am 

GoG Bevin has a Tsogal book, and I'm 90% certain Uru Obsession Bevin has a Delin book. Since they seem to be the two most-populated hoods at any given time, I notice people seem to go there.

DRC(20) Bevin seemed like a popular choice for Delin runs today too.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next