It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Are you interested in seeing the Prologue video project completed?
Yes please, and I'd like to help as an editor! 6%  6%  [ 9 ]
Yes please, and I'd like to help as translator! 8%  8%  [ 12 ]
Yes please, and I'd like to be on film (I'd like to be an actor)! 16%  16%  [ 23 ]
Yes, although the only contribution I can offer is vocal support. 62%  62%  [ 88 ]
No, this does not interest me. 6%  6%  [ 9 ]
Other, see explanation below. 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 142
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think that enough people have expressed interest - hopefully that is reflective of some additional population who have remained silent.

My tentative plan is to resume work on the project next weekend (July 10). But first, let me explain the source of my sudden free time. As of last week, I am unemployed. If you know of any opportunities for software developers in the area of Portland, OR (USA), I'd really appreciate pointers, references, etc. I'm also interested in project management but I need an entry-level opportunity for that. A link to my resume is included in my profile below. Please do not use this thread to post sympathies or leads - please use the PM button for that. Thank you.

Back to the video project:

If you are planning on being an actor, or a crowd-herder (those are helpful too), you do not need to do anything at this time. Filming opportunities will be posted on the Cavern Events forum here at Myst Online. I will also post notices on calendars and at a few other sites (e.g., UruObsession).

If you are interested in assisting with script editing, or if you can translate, if you do not already have an account at http://www.thegreattree.com/ then please register one. Discussion of the project takes place with full transparency in the The Story of the Great Tree forum area (visitors do not need an account to read postings), but you will need an account to post. If you are willing to translate the existing episodes to a new language not previously released, I will provide the original English scripts for those episodes for you; you'll want to read through the original discussions for those episodes for clarifications and discussions.

Thanks everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:12 am 

This is honestly the best news since MOUL reopening.. I'm literally shaking with anticipation. Sorry to hear about your job situation but at least you won't be bored in the meantime. I just want to thank you again for all the work you and others have put into this project thus far and I look forward to being able to contribute to it in some way :)

Fear is the mind-killer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:38 am 

I'm more than willing to help in any way you need. I love this idea and would like to see it completed.

Thelonius "Prof" Higginsbottom

member of the Guild of Calamitous Intent

"I invented the term the Bevin Generation do I get a spot in Mystlore?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:07 am 
Obduction Backer

Marten,

I enjoyed your videos from Prologue as well. They helped me catch up on a lot of what was going on before and after I finally made it to the cavern. I would be happy to help out, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:53 pm 

Great stuff - these films have to be completed. Although I`m pretty new here I would love to help - as a translator or whatever is needed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

I've posted an update at The Great Tree forums - translator positions are selected for German, Italian, and Dutch languages.

http://www.thegreattree.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=1767

I am seeking a French translator, and if anyone is interested in translating the documentaries to a language not already covered, I can work with that too (though that process will move a little slowly at first).

Thank you to everyone for your words of support.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:29 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Quick question for Marten (or anyone else who might know the answer):

Having missed out on Prologue (and unable to find the appropriate chatlogs), who was the "Doc Greer" Zardoz mentioned in his conversation with Phil, and what was in that report?

Also, I tried to register with The Great Tree sometime ago (I've forgotten how long), and never got my confirmation e-mail. Could you look into this, please?

Thanks.

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:43 pm 

TOOO wrote:
Quick question for Marten (or anyone else who might know the answer):

Having missed out on Prologue (and unable to find the appropriate chatlogs), who was the "Doc Greer" Zardoz mentioned in his conversation with Phil, and what was in that report?

Also, I tried to register with The Great Tree sometime ago (I've forgotten how long), and never got my confirmation e-mail. Could you look into this, please?

Thanks.

Dr. J. Patrick Greer was one of the five original testers of Choru called the premier explorers, His name is in the Uru Credits along with Rico, IMForeman, Rivenchan and Blastercalm. http://drgreersurujournal.blogspot.com/

Fear is the mind-killer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Thanks, Loshem.

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sorry that I'm late with this, but I just wanted to express my gratitude that you're resuming the production of these excellent videos, Marten. If the filming times fit in with my personal schedule, I'll be glad to help fill out the crowd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks Robert.

I am still seeking a French translator to pick up with Episode 9; Annick completed the translation of Episode 8. Of course, if another translator wanted to review that work, I would have no problem with that.

At the earliest, filming announcements for the project will occur in a few weeks - a month from now is probably a likely timeline. This will make the public face of the project seem to crawl at a snail's pace at first, but it allows me to ensure that all scripts are advancing or advanced to completion, and will keep the translation team occupied and interested.

While preparation is ongoing, if there are any questions that I (or anyone else) might answer about the video project or the history of Uru on which it is based, feel free to ask!

Just don't query why Phil's IQ seemed to drop by about 100 between Prologue and Season One. That's a touchy subject for me. :twisted:

Note: Ri'ana, you have a private message waiting from me, please check your PMs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:21 am 
Obduction Backer

G'day, Marten - Ri'ana has been notified, she's presently a bit ill, hence why its taking some time for her to respond. =)

It shouldn't be too long before she manages to check it, hopefully. =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

kaelisebonrai wrote:
G'day, Marten - Ri'ana has been notified, she's presently a bit ill, hence why its taking some time for her to respond. =)

It shouldn't be too long before she manages to check it, hopefully. =)

Thank you Kaelis! I was quite concerned when she suddenly disappeared. I hope that she is feeling better soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:17 am 
Obduction Backer

Thank you to everyone for your patience - this is an update to let everyone know the project is still moving forward.

We should have an Episode 9 script finalized very soon. I hope that we can get a French translator on board. There will be no new French episodes until we get a French translator. Parlez-vous français et anglais?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:41 am 
Obduction Backer

He may not appreciate me for nominating him, but it may be worth sending a PM to Artic_Wagon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next