It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:46 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Choru Pictures.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:32 am 

Hello, all.

It's come to my attention that Choru pictures are still considered rare, and that folks might like to see some of the state of Uru in those early days. Well, good news: I have tons of Choru pics from my days in Choru, when there were only 5 people outside of Cyan actually running around Bevin. These are all pretty decent quality, and except for the Banner and Inscription images, they are completely unretouched. I've uploaded 75 pictures in total, and I've tried to keep it varied a bit.

http://s514.photobucket.com/albums/t341/Enigmanaut/Choru/

You will see the earliest states of Bevin, some before the Ahyoheek table was put in. Bevin has had some changes since then. The Mezzanine was sealed off, and the doors were sealed as well. The Classroom and Eggroom were not in place, and some of the textures have changed. The most prominant change to me is the view from the balcony. You will see a few glimpses here that the first Bevin was much, much closer to Ae'Gura and the City Proper than the current hoods ever get.

There were initially no linking books or Bahro stones, but Eder Kemo (then called simply "The Garden") was added a few months in, and you can see some minor differences there, mostly with texturing, lack of creepy, hanging bugs, and the Bevin linking book has visible writing on it.

The Earliest KI I know of is visible in a number of shots. It really didn't do much except allow you to see who was in the Hood with you and move the chat text to other places.

A number of shots show missing geometry, these were clipping issues caused by camera collision problems.

I hope you enjoy these, and if you have any questions about them, I'll be around.

-Michael Jones (IMForeman)

--The Doctor and Jeanne-Antoinette Poisson in "The Girl in the Fireplace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:44 am 

Thank you very much, IMForeman! these pics are very interesting :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:59 am 

Thanks for putting them up IMF, I think I remember seeing some of those quite a while ago on UO. BTW there is a thread on UO where RIUM+ says that has quite alot of stuff from Mudpie/DIRT etc. Here's the actual quote:

QUOTE (RIUM @ +May 27 2008, 06:28 AM)
It's around seventeen gigabytes of various DIRT/Mudpie/Parable/Uru-related files. All of this is stored compressed, encrypted, I've added checksums/recovery records of it all, it's duplicated five times, stored on three different mediums in three separate locations across two continents, and I estimate it's capable of withstanding combined random data loss/file corruption of around 85% of the whole spread-out file archive and still being fully recoverable, and I can still recover at least parts of it if more data is lost. These files aren't going to disappear any time soon. Does it show that I take backups seriously? tongue.gif

However he states that he's reluctant to release them. Here's the thread here in case anyone wanted to see it:
http://uruobsession.com/forum/index.php ... rom-choru/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:15 am 

... I still think that Old-Style KI is one of the most awesome things I've ever seen :D

Nice pics! :)

KI#46415
KI#80658

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:23 am 

Cool! Thanks a lot for sharing these screenshots.

The old avatars looked also more realistic, but I don't know how customizable they were.

Simone - KI#1001138
Please avoid drinking the lake water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:34 pm 

:D Thanks :D

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks, IMF! Sounds fascinating - I'm off for a look.

Edit - Wow! Yes, what a cool collection of pics. I didn't realize the avvie faces were different in the Choru days. Great stuff!

Cheers,

Mowog

Last edited by Mowog on Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Thanks for sharing, IMF. Interesting stuff, especially for Uru history buffs. And, thank you, sarpedon for the link to the discussion on the UO forum. In it, Marten gives a link to a DRC forum thread, Some questions to (pre-)prologue players which the history buffs might also find interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

sarpedon2 wrote:
Thanks for putting them up IMF, I think I remember seeing some of those quite a while ago on UO. BTW there is a thread on UO where RIUM+ says that has quite a lot of stuff from Mudpie/DIRT etc. Here's the actual quote:

However he states that he's reluctant to release them. Here's the thread here in case anyone wanted to see it:
http://uruobsession.com/forum/index.php ... rom-choru/

I'm still here. Always here, always watching. ;) I haven't forgotten. I've just been busy (eg I leave for another cross-hemisphere plane trip on Tuesday).

There's some parts that I've gone through and I'm personally okay with their dissemination. But finding the right means of Revelation is the hold-up. They'll be revealed, as RAWA would say, "soon". They're just on my back-burner list right now while I sort out some other projects in my life. (For instance, one that necessitated me creating these master images at such high resolutions)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:05 pm 

Thanks all for the comments. I can say that those avatars really had very, very little customizability. You could choose your gender, you could choose the color of your clothes (black wasn't an option, unless you were like a certain somebody who decided to hack the code), and you could choose to have that Fish Tacos logo or not. The faces were all the same for everybody.

--The Doctor and Jeanne-Antoinette Poisson in "The Girl in the Fireplace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

Pretty cool pics! Thanks, IM! I noticed that in the 8th picture there is a Heek Table, but not the others. Anyway, personally I would prefer that Bevin was closer to the city like that. I wonder why they changed it to be so far away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:01 pm 

Is there any way to get some higher resolution images? I'm only seeing some thumbnail-sized shots!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

Click on them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:58 am 

Even after I click them they are only 240×180!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:45 am 
Obduction Backer

Click again?

Most of them are 1024x768

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next