It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1977 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 132  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:33 pm 
Ooh, I have tons of questions I'd love to ask him...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:11 pm 

RAWA wrote:
Hope that helps,

RAWA

Greatly so. Thanks for the clarification RAWA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:49 am 

I should have made a graph. Would've been easier. At least RAWA confirmed my understanding of the system. XD Thanks, RAWA!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:12 am 
Obduction Backer

Well, that's all the resolution I could really want short of knowing the actual reserve fund (yes I know that'd be too much, I'm fine with that. We can probably get a rough idea eventually anyways by percentages)

At least 1.0 and 2.0 probably won't ever happen... that'd imply zero donations (or at least under 10%, enough so that it's rounded out) and we seem to not have that bad an issue. Of course, finding we're only running at 30% of the needed server donations is rather worrying.

Also, this is a great way to get data without having to have the full values, but still enough data to know how the situation is. We know right now that we're bouncing between a surplus and a shortfall, with the fund growing and shrinking to cover the shortfall. Likely means the current fund is rather small, thanks to needing to pay out the 70% difference for this and previous months, compared to our percentages. We could probably estimate the fund at enough for a few months tops (or maybe even one or two 2.0 months) meaning we can get a rough idea how the situation is.

Wonder if there's any ways to slice back operating costs a little more, or is it at this point as low as possible without going down a full tier and not having enough capacity, plus most of it being manpower costs anyways which can't be so reduced?

MOULa KI: #00027582 #7425022
100% Authentic Gondar! Accept no substitutes, imitations, or knock-offs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:06 am 
Cyan Employee

Gondar wrote:
Of course, finding we're only running at 30% of the needed server donations is rather worrying.

Remember that 2.3 was the "in progress" calculation for the month of October so far (as of Oct 10). And since we were roughly 30% of the way through the month, we were right on target, assuming that donations the rest of the month continued at that pace. (The thermometer does not make that assumption, it just tells how full it is for the month so far.)

This week, the data is from Oct. 15 (roughly 50% through the month), and we were right at 2.5 (current donations = roughly 50% of estimated costs). So, again this week, we're right on track for the month. :)

RAWA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:31 am 

RAWA wrote:
This week, the data is from Oct. 15 (roughly 50% through the month), and we were right at 2.5 (current donations = roughly 50% of estimated costs). So, again this week, we're right on track for the month. :)

RAWA

Hazzar! 200 points for us! Good to hear the news.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

So we're on track to reach CAVCON 3 for the month. Is that correct? Donations = costs? That is indeed good, but, of course, it could be better. A repeat of this month's 4.2 seems unlikely but not impossible. Maybe an end-of-the-month surge will kick things up a notch? A Halloween treat? It could happen. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:32 am 

sideshow118 wrote:
So we're on track to reach CAVCON 3 for the month. Is that correct? Donations = costs? That is indeed good, but, of course, it could be better. A repeat of this month's 4.2 seems unlikely but not impossible. Maybe an end-of-the-month surge will kick things up a notch? A Halloween treat? It could happen. :P

Indeed on both points. At the current rate CAVCON 3 is achievable by the end of the month, or at least 2.9, and with the current transparency we as the donating fans can anticipate any lack or drop in donation, and the able can react with a surge in donation. Ultimately this level of transparency, with the type of player and fan the game has, does nothing but support donation and growth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:01 am 
Obduction Backer

Ahh... thanks for clarification RAWA. I didn't pay attention to the period noted, so I assumed that was a full month's calculation (and it wasn't for the 'month' but 'month-like-period') and worried we were really short. Glad to see it's coming on track more than that.

It also seems that with a little bit of donation surges, if the threshold between percentages is decently small, we can easily go past a 3 and onto a 4.x, as even a 10% surplus is 4.1.

Mmm. Well, as long as we stay out of the 2.x range for long enough and REALLY avoid the 1.x range (as that means we have zero reserve left, and Cyan has enough troubles to worry about shelling out their own money to this venture, fans or not) I'm not as worried then. At least now I know to wait until the end of the month before I worry over the state of the month's figures! :oops:

MOULa KI: #00027582 #7425022
100% Authentic Gondar! Accept no substitutes, imitations, or knock-offs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:16 am 

Better that we have folks worrying at all than a general state of apathy though, hm? It's definitely good to see enough donations coming in to cover those costs. Now if we can meet and exceed them consistently, that would be wonderful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:57 am 

Wishing to introduce myself, I do it in this section of the forum. To prove that new players still arrive, donate as I did last Friday and last but not least, are interested in CAVCON levels.

Flep (inworld), 44yo man, Europe and not fluent in english.

Flep - MO:ULagain #19605849

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:09 pm 

Uh... welcome to the cavern, glad to here you donate to MOULa.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:44 pm 

As I discovered the game (19/10/2012) the CAVCON meter "as of" 17/10/2012 was 2.5.
I donated 100$ and maybe other players donated too.
"As of" 24/10/2012 the CAVCON meter is (including my donation + other donations) 2.6.
So we have to donate 3.000$ at least every month to reach CAVCON 3.0. Am I right?

This is nothing more than a question.

Flep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:48 pm 
No-one knows how much has to be donated in order to reach Donation Level 3. However, your $100 is a very nice donation, and certainly made up a part of the target.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:56 pm 

DLordofTime wrote:
No-one knows how much has to be donated in order to reach Donation Level 3. However, your $100 is a very nice donation, and certainly made up a part of the target.

My post was not to talk about my donation because I'm sure many players donated much more. But as I love this game I try to find out what it needs to stay online for a very long time. And I appreciate a lot what Cyan Worlds do to allow us to play.

Flep

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1977 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 132  Next