It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:48 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1977 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 132  Next
 Post subject: Re: CAVCON Meter
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

TOOO wrote:
We Uru fans are really living on the edge, aren't we?

Yes, I am afraid we are.
A very small path is still there, because the ending is not yet written.
But with some coming Kickstarter projects I am afraid the money will go there.
Understandable, but very sad for Uru. :(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:11 am 

Well, I think the Kickstarters may also generate new interest, too. Unwritten, for instance, is specifically about Uru and the Myst universe. Some new growth may well be a good thing.

There is also some new Age projects that are in works such as by Tweek and the GoMe team. One or the other could well make a good "test case" for inclusion in MOULa.

Perhaps we stand at the next chapter of the story. Only time will tell....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:00 am 
Obduction Backer

Nev'yn wrote:
Well, I think the Kickstarters may also generate new interest, too. Unwritten, for instance, is specifically about Uru and the Myst universe. Some new growth may well be a good thing.

There is also some new Age projects that are in works such as by Tweek and the GoMe team. One or the other could well make a good "test case" for inclusion in MOULa.

Perhaps we stand at the next chapter of the story. Only time will tell....

Exactly, that's how it works ... also Cyan is finally moving again, which is very important ... Keep at it and move forward ... The morphic field is working ... :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:50 am 
Obduction Backer

veralun wrote:
But with some coming Kickstarter projects I am afraid the money will go there.
Understandable, but very sad for Uru. :(

Part of the plan with Unwritten has always that a portion of the income over production costs will go into the CAVCON Fund. That's just not something they allow mention of on the Kickstarer Campaign itself.

We're hoping to help generate interest in MOUL! People have already asked about tools for supporting Unwritten campaigns showing up in OpenUru (Not our department, but we think it would be cool!), and we're planning on having a "Meet the Team" afternoon in cavern.

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

That is a kick in the tushie...

Eleri wrote:
Part of the plan with Unwritten has always *(been) that a portion of the income over production costs will go into the CAVCON Fund. That's just not something they allow mention of on the Kickstarer Campaign itself.

We're hoping to help generate interest in MOUL! People have already asked about tools for supporting Unwritten campaigns showing up in OpenUru (Not our department, but we think it would be cool!), and we're planning on having a "Meet the Team" afternoon in cavern.

* I placed that word in there..I hope that is okay

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for catching that. It has been a wee bit insane over here the past three days, my brain is having to move faster than my fingers will go. :)

We D'nerds are very tenacious folk, we survive through everything.

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:22 am 
Obduction Backer

See now when I read it my brain just automagically inserted the "been" so I guess its not the end of the world, we all knew what you meant haha

MOULa 2.0 KI - 01544785

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:02 am 
Obduction Backer

We've not yet had an update this month. I know Cyan have other things on their mind right now :wink: but it would be good to know whether donations are still coming in or whether the Kickstarter has distracted people (NB we won't need to pay for our Kickstarter pledges until mid-November so it's actually NEXT month when people might have problems in making two payments; but they might not have spotted this and so might be holding back THIS month?)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:25 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Well, there's sort of an update but nothing recent. The status date in the OP is 10/7 with a donation meter reading of 2.0 which suggests negligible donations in the first week of October. No doubt the Kickstarters will take something of a toll on CAVCON donations: Even if people don't have to honour their pledges until mid-November I could see that some people may have committed their "disposable income" for both this month and next (or even beyond) into their pledge.

But it's worth reminding folks not to forget MOULa in amongst the enthusiasm for other projects ;)

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

I just thinking even though most our donators are going to kickstarter which is understandable but if we have that many donators just for cyan kickstarter just image what it would do here. I'm just saying...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:14 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Yeah, I know, but there's a big difference: The Obduction Kickstarter is looking for a one-off donation to fund the project (and in effect for the majority of pledges to pre-order the game), while MOULa needs an ongoing stream of funding to keep it going. Folks are more likely to dig a bit deeper for a one-off payment and for something completely fresh.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

I pledged lots more to Obduction than I would any given month to Moula. But I donate to Moula lots more than I have to for Obduction, so all's good.

tumblr: kaththedragon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

2.3 isn't too healthy, and there are only a few days left of October... :(

[edited to correct typo]

Last edited by Acorn1 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:15 pm 

Am i correct in assuming that a successful, well-selling 'Obduction' will strengthen Cyan's finances, and ultimately make MOULa's future more secure?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

HarveyMidnight wrote:
Am i correct in assuming that a successful, well-selling 'Obduction' will strengthen Cyan's finances, and ultimately make MOULa's future more secure?

Only if they donate to Moul(a) after making money...lol

Moul(a) is in our hands..open-source to a degree..Cyan is gratious enough to provide the server on which to play..that is what our donations to Moul(a), fund...at the moment...hopefully, there will be a surplus that Cyan can use to enhance our experience..

Did I say that right?

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1977 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 132  Next