It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:08 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1972 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132
 Post subject: Re: CAVCON Meter
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:32 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
The very thought of Schrödinger brings shivers to cat lovers everywhere. And, following the same analogy, explorers want to know if their beloved cavern is safe for now or if they'll have some warning if it ever becomes in danger of being lost to them.

It's pretty obvious that Cyan is simply too busy with other (hopefully profitable) projects to concern themselves with details like updating the CAVCON meter, but they are maintaining the cavern, so it's not like they've forgotten about it. I like to believe that they see some value in keeping it open - whether it's for maintaining good relations with the fans or just because they like it - and that they'll keep it open as long as they can even if it cost them to do so.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:03 am 
Obduction Backer

They are working on the VR game Firmament right now. (link) so I guess all their time has been put in to that. Still, it'd be nice to see some kind of recognition of Uru from them, even if it's just to say "we're still here."

P.S. I had to Google what Schrödinger's cat was. :roll:

Ki #00324282
The D'ni Art Archive
Exploration Journal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Not true, I'm afraid. As far as they've indicated, Firmament has been shelved since March.

The only project in progress (that anyone knows about) is the 25th anniversary box set and the associated re-releases. (All the Myst games are now on GOG, and will be publically available on Steam next week.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

The games have already been updated on Steam, though Exile and Revelation are not out yet there.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Get tweets from the GoMe.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

korovev wrote:
The games have already been updated on Steam, though Exile and Revelation are not out yet there.

HMMM.... In the US I got all the games via Steam on 9/11...I don't like GOG so I can't verify or deny.

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

Myst 3 and 4 were made available on Steam for Kickstarter backers a few days ago. Cyan says they will be available to the general public (on Steam) on the 24th.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

belford wrote:
Not true, I'm afraid. As far as they've indicated, Firmament has been shelved since March.

Oh, I did not know that. Any particular reason why? As it's VR I don't know if I'd have played it (don't have any access to VR currently) but it's sad to hear of any Cyan project being put on hold.

As an aside I'm still sending donation in, so I hope it's helping them out at least a little bit.

Ki #00324282
The D'ni Art Archive
Exploration Journal

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1972 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132