It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:41 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: I'm Livestreaming Uru :)
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:07 pm 

I'm live streaming Myst Uru at the moment, Playing it with some friends for anyone wanting to watch. Hopefully it'll get more people interested in the game.

www.twitch.tv/alunaefay

(warning: you might see spoilers during the live stream)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Cool; watching while I procrastinate. :D

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:29 am 
Obduction Backer

Very interesting! I love watching multiple avatars attempting the Eder Kemo Bahro cave!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:16 am 
Obduction Backer

This is absolutely cool!! I ... I believe I've never heard of Twitch or Justin TV ...
Great idea, Faewn, promoting Uru/MOULa that way ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:14 pm 

Glad you liked the idea :D, Sadly the people who joined me weren't impressed with Uru, They found the book linking too tedious and weren't happy about the bugs & sluggish/glitchy walking/jumping animations.

I've introduced Uru to many of the people I've met now but they always feel that way about the game apart from one person that I played the entire game with.

It really does feel like a game made for single-player not multi-player. I think if the bugs/glitches were fixed and the linking simplified it would be easier to play in large groups and people would enjoy it more. Instead of having to spend half the time when playing linking to the nexus, linking people through or having to reload the game.

Anyway, I will be playing Myst Revelation today, In a few minutes time on my live-stream, Hopefully completing it finally,Then at last I get to play End of Ages, It's been a long time coming that I finally get to play that game, I played revelations several times through apart from right at the end but I didn't want to go to end of ages till I finished all the Myst games. I played several of the myst games several times over and I started playing the series when the original myst came out back in 1993 but I never completed revelation all the way through. I can't wait!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:19 pm 

I'm about to live-stream Uru again :) Playing with my friend Liam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:01 am 

This sounds like a fun idea, in a moment I will be streaming some "experincemetns/practus" for the big event, I am useing Ustream and I don't know how to make it capture my desktop, so I have to use my web-came, sorry if the picture is bad. The site can be found here:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jamie-s-uru-channel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:34 am 

Brodcast started!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:02 am 

The stream ended a while ago and I got some good practus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:22 pm 

Today I will be livestreaming me working on creating a Myst age, I never done it before and I still have a lot to learn but if you're interested you can watch :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:33 pm 
Awesome! I'm certainly going to watch. I may be able to pick up a few things so I cna finally work out how to do it myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

Very impressive and astounding ...He's even explaining everything now aloud ... Cool ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:28 pm 

She* and you probably just saw me watching a video on how to do it as I don't commentate, Turns out I suck at making terrain, Just everything it so difficult, I try to do a simple thing and it just wont work, Every step of the way it's like climbing a mountain trying to accomplish the smallest thing.

I got the terrain in but I can't get it textured, I tried using vertex paint and assign the different colours to different textures but that won't work *pulls out hair* argh. I doubt you will learn anything from me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

Great to know you're a lady ... I've seen you before exploring Uru with a female avatar and
with some other guys and I've heard only male voices so I didn't suspect you being a lady
as there are quite some male explorers in our community playing with a female avatar ... :P

As of your age creation I can only advise to not despair, Faewn, the art to create ages is
not something you learn overnight, and if you'd even like to become a teacher then one
should start to learn from the masters of which there are some around in our midst here
resp. in the 'Guild of Writers' ...

Besides that, one can learn something from everyone, and your straightforwardness and
openness for example are absolutely refreshing ... Can't wait to explore your age one day ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:17 pm 
What? I missed it? Aw...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next