It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:39 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:07 pm 

If we can change TFH remetly shouldn't we get a view of TFH to see what we are doing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

There is a remote view of The Fun House available; it's called Lyroscope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:54 pm 

Oh sorry, I have not got a chance to log into URU yet to check out the bot, so I don't have a login atm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:55 am 
Obduction Backer

CrisGer wrote:
I have made it clear in past posts and will continue to do so, bots are not appropriate for this game or ever will be, this is a remarkable world created by the D'ni with a lot of interesting and remarkable tech of a special kind and there are no bots or electronic creations of any kind, their tech is of a very different kind. We have been playing and enjoying this world for many years now without such offensive reminders of the modern world, and they have no place in MOUL URU. Please take your toy to the innovation shard, and leave us in peace in MOUL thank you. I am sure you mean well but you obviously do not know or want to honour the long traditions of the remarkable realm of MOUL URU. Whether you advertised and promoted your toy to the guild or not, that does mot make it acceptable or in tune with the authentic game. I will report any instances of your bot as a exploit to Cyan if and when i see it in the Cavern.

Ah, only took him about 5 months to find something to complain about. ;) New record! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:00 am 

CrisGer wrote:
I have made it clear in past posts and will continue to do so, bots are not appropriate for this game or ever will be, this is a remarkable world created by the D'ni with a lot of interesting and remarkable tech of a special kind and there are no bots or electronic creations of any kind, their tech is of a very different kind. We have been playing and enjoying this world for many years now without such offensive reminders of the modern world, and they have no place in MOUL URU. Please take your toy to the innovation shard, and leave us in peace in MOUL thank you. I am sure you mean well but you obviously do not know or want to honour the long traditions of the remarkable realm of MOUL URU. Whether you advertised and promoted your toy to the guild or not, that does mot make it acceptable or in tune with the authentic game. I will report any instances of your bot as a exploit to Cyan if and when i see it in the Cavern.

While I do acknowledge that you are entitled to your opinion I object to the way you state it. You may not think that bots have any place in URU but there are many people who got a lot of enjoyment out of OHBot and will likely get enjoyment out of Lyrobot as well. Lyrositor has been a good friend of mine since he joined the GoMe and I don't appreciate you displaying your opinion in a bashing manner. I doubt Cyan would do anything against something that brought more attention to URU anyway. If you don't like Lyrobot then fine there is nobody forcing this on your URU experience. If you want to express your opinion that is fine too but I would consider the way you expressed your opinion to be a form of negative trolling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:16 am 

AdamJohnso wrote:
TOASTERS KNOW YOUR PLACE

I am appalled by the OUTRAGEOUS nature of these explicit HACKS. I demand for the Holy Blue Cyan GODS to descend from on high to smite this evil and ban Lyrositor! For shame!

Praise be to Rand and the perfect URU MOUL!
Cyantology: Are you washed in the Lakewater?

DUDE to much coffee :shock:

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:59 am 

I think the people complaining about Lyrobot and similar new things being hacks are rather ignorant. If it weren't for these so-called 'hackers' creating things for MOULa on the various shards (and hopefully implemented in MOULa at some point, Hints at Cyan) the online community would've probably already dwindled to a handful.

Nobody keeps playing a game that isn't moving along. Successful games are often those that keep adding, changing. Whether by the company or community. The major problem with Uru is the difficulty of content creation, implementation and the general ability of the average computer user to create something whether due to lack of tools (3dsmax) or lack of knowledge (3d modelling and programming is hard work and complex) and with there being no free age creation engine to use for most people it's impossible to make compatible ages.

I applaud the people like Lyrositor who work on new things for people to enjoy, I personally love Lyrobot (My new pet), He's adorable and fun. I had a blast in the fun house yesterday, seeing many people flow in to come enjoy Lyrobot. It brought the community together. Gave people something different to do for a while than stand in D'ni not doing a whole lot as there isn't much new to do.

I started working on an age myself a while ago and quickly realized the vast amount of work involved and skill. I've got basic/average knowledge of 3d modelling with 3dsmax and I knew the half life engine well GTK radiant and Easygen for terrain, I went in thinking it would be doable and it is in a way but it's A LOT of work on your own so for those people who made a fan age well done! I hope to still do something myself but for now I have to re-think and start with a simpler project than Garternay, something that doesn't hold any expectations. I think the programming of puzzles will be my greatest challenge.

p.s. Cyan, I want a <3 Lyrobot t-shirt logo ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

I absolutely agree with you, Faewn, and many more here with your excitement and
appreciation, valuable comments and inspirations ... Lyrositor and the many involved
are doing such an awesome job in keeping Uru and the community alive and inspired
despite all limitations and restrictions etc. along their way ... Many thanks to you all ... :P

Yesterday I wanted to talk to you, Fay and others and to Lyrobot, but maybe it was
too late and I was a bit tired and somehow misunderstood the registration procedure,
(which is actually really simple :wink: ) then Lyrobot crashed at one point and it took me
just too long to finally get access to Lyrobot's web interface which was my initial intent ...

So, next time I know I'll enjoy the adventure more fully ... See you all then and thanks again ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Lyrositor wrote:
Mac_Fife wrote:
Rand liking something doesn't mean that the guys who have to try to maintain the vault integrity will also like it ;)

To clarify, just in case: Lyrobot does not affect the Vault in any way. At most, he creates a KI-Mail and sends it, but that's it. 8)

OHBot didn't touch the vault either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
OHB wrote:
Lyrositor wrote:
Lyrobot does not affect the Vault in any way.

OHBot didn't touch the vault either.

You can say this all day long, but it won't calm the fears of some people who don't understand how it works. So, let me attempt to explain it in layman's terms and correct me if I'm wrong, please. The bots are simply avatars just like any other avatar, but which have been automated and are controlled by programs running on the avatar owner's personal system.

To simplify it further... If I logged in to my avatar and then laid something on the mouse to hold down the buttons so it would run, I've just automated my avatar, albeit primitively. Perhaps I could write a simple code to tell my computer to repeatedly activate the Ctrl & 4 buttons so my avatar would dance. This is basically what OHB & Lyro have done, but on a much more elaborate scale, of course. They wrote programs to tell their computer to tell their avatar what to do.

Did I get that right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tai'lahr wrote:
Did I get that right?

Pretty much. :) The only thing is, I don't write a program to press keys, I change the Python code so that I can directly use the client, without all the clutters of RL in-between (keyboards and mice; oh, woe is me!). I think (but I'm not sure) OHBot used a program that actually pressed keys, which had the upshot of allowing for the remote avatar to move around. By directly editing the Python, I gain more features, and lose some: for example, my portal prediction for Lyrobot is 100% accurate, give or take a second. 8)

But apart from that, you're absolutely right. I'm running an Uru client on my own system, and it's just been automated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:02 am 
Obduction Backer

Lyrositor wrote:
Lyrobot shall stay in The Fun House for the time being, until such as time as Cyan sees fit to let him roam elsewhere - or not.

I have a question a little. :wink:
When is the Fun House open?
I have entered once so far.
One day I knew that my BUDDIES stayed in the Fun House in information of the KI.
I intended to be linked from Nexus, but there was not the Fun House. :shock:
Is any condition necessary to enter the Fun House?

Toki #00084908
TOKIO #02973205

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:59 am 
Obduction Backer

Usually, The Fun House is open when Lyrobot is in it.

If it isn't, you can always PM Lyrobot "link" to be linked there automatically. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:27 pm 

Thanks, I have been getting a lot of enjoyment out of playing around with the Lyrobot.

ONE trick I learned.. if you give him the 'jump' command but then quickly do a walkjump or a runjump just before it kicks in, it will propel you forward as well as up. That's gotten me into some cool places.

You mentioned earlier, that we should post any suggestions here.

I did suggest one idea in Uru chat.. thought I'd repeat it her: . I know we can already do a command to become invisible. Well...when I mouse over my avatar, i become semitransparent-- still visible, but 'see-through'. Nobody can see that, but me, on my screen at home. Any way there could be a 'transparent' code, that will make us look that way to everyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

HarveyMidnight wrote:
I did suggest one idea in Uru chat.. thought I'd repeat it her: . I know we can already do a command to become invisible. Well...when I mouse over my avatar, i become semitransparent-- still visible, but 'see-through'. Nobody can see that, but me, on my screen at home. Any way there could be a 'transparent' code, that will make us look that way to everyone?

Interesting. I'll look into it. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next