It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: My Opinion is . . .
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:36 am 

I can only say the Lyrositor's contribution the the cavern community have been tremendous as my own experience and observations can attest too.
When the Game's client was upgraded changing the avatars jumping and rendered a massive amount of Quest games worthless, he came in and provided access to the old client for those still wanting to play the old glitches.

I admit the new changes did make the avatars work more like real life and it was a new cool thing to learn and deal with.
I admit I have been checking out the old games to see which ones I can still get to work using further back from original jump launch places to compensate with.
Also some changes to / in the routes were necessary to provide better angles for landing areas to narrow coming straight at them.
Mouski's bridge to lake shore was one I found could be compensated for, as a few others.
Some explorers like playing out side the box or normal game play areas and others think it's wrong to do so.

I make Quest games and so again, for me Lyrositor's Marker Editor allows me the ability to be and create far more elaborate and fun Quests.
If I didn't have it to use, I probably wouldn't have ever been able to finish my Quest Series.
(City Lights 325 markers so far and that's a lot of game text!)
The in-game Ki editor is laborious to use to build with and I even created a fast scroll key for it.
(Note: Yes we know it's not available anymore for now, but is being fixed for future use by Lyrositor.)
(Note: I recently discovered I had downloaded it back when it first came out, but had never got around to using it until recently.)

The Fun House it-self, isn't exactly classic Uru. I for one have had fun there, but it doesn't seem in keeping with the true spirit of the D'ni & Uru.
Some love it and others can't be bothered with it.
I can appreciate JW's opinion and feelings in the matter and can honestly share in them with him.
I can also see Lyrositor's so call toy,can also have and find a place with us in Uru, if the Fun House can.
Open Source seems to be an open door for anything and everything fans can think up.
I for one could use a In-Game bot to help run my Quest Series with.
Pretty sure explorers playing me Quest Series would rather do their Q&A with a Bot, than our avatar hosts!

I recently heard about a disagreement between community explorers over one's mistaken post that accidentally posted to public, not meant too.
Unfortunate situation because, this explore/ person has contributed much to cavern community over the years and done some kind positive things.
Cyan rules vs explorers divided emotions is now the topic of the day.
As I understand it, no clear way to make it right for any involved.
Best to let it go, but easier said than done from all I see.
I heard it said the explorer would rather leave than see the cavern and explorers become further divided.
And after all, this is a Game. Many explorers, myself included, sometimes forget and loose site of that fact, ITS A GAME!

The Game of MOUL is like real life, because we are real life people playing roles in a game.
Some play in-character and others won't and don't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

Lyrobot will be going offline for an unspecified period of time.

Half off his computer's RAM has gone the way of the dodo, so it's operating at reduced capacity; it's already used by other people, so I can't place too much strain on it, especially since it's running at half-capacity. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:52 pm 

Awww, too bad! :cry: I really liked ol' Lyrobot :D
Hope he makes it back somehow, somewhere, someday! :P
Thanks Lyrositor!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:14 am 

It was nice to have him around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:21 am 
Obduction Backer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:20 pm 

Incas like me you never read the books and are wondering what Ahlisendar is talking about:
[spoiler]
http://dni.wikia.com/wiki/Veovis
[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

The RAM we had ordered arrived today, and Lyrobot's computer is back to full operational capacity - and then some! And so is Lyrobot! So... enjoy. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Welcome home :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:41 pm 

cool :)

Post subject: New RAM
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:15 pm 

Sweet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:33 am 

I'm there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:10 am 

Lyrositor wrote:
The RAM we had ordered arrived today, and Lyrobot's computer is back to full operational capacity - and then some! And so is Lyrobot! So... enjoy. :D

/me dances a crazy-happy jig!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

There has been a gradual decline of interest in Lyrobot recently, probably partly because he hasn't been online regularly, but also because he hasn't received any updates for a long period of time. The accusations thrown against him and myself by a few community members certainly serve as a deterrent for continued development and maintenance.

Consequently, I have decided I shall only bring Lyrobot online for special events, such as All Guilds Meetings, or if enough people request an appearance (which I doubt, seeing as how all the other bots are more popular). I might eventually release his source code, if there is an interest in it (if you are interested in it, keep in mind I was just starting out in Python back then, and it is somewhat disorganized).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:41 pm 

Awww Lyrositor, please don't feel like that. There is a reason OHBot is loved by some people, and it's not because he was the first of his kind. Lyrobot has his fans too, just that they tend not say how much they like him, as much as those who don't will say so.
Lyrobot won me over with his usefullness at the AGM, even though I didn't say anything, so please don't think no-one likes Lyrobot, because we do, and we do respect what you did and achieved. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:38 pm 

I would be interested in getting his source code, if your sure that is wiz thing to do. Now if I understand the rules correctly anyone can create a Fun House bot, so long as it only stays in TFH?

* Yes, this implies I want to make a Fun House robot but if I did, it would be more for something for me to play around with and not something that would appear in carverm very often at all. *

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next