It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:43 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:08 am 

Anyone have the new KI numbers for Lyrobot (and the others)? They appear to have changed...

TIA,
Nellie

MOULa: NellieBly, Ki No. 20259397
The Open Cave: NellieBly, Ki No. 00214235

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:07 pm 

The KI numbers never changed. :wink:

These are our ID numbers. If you don't see them online on your buddies list it means they're offline. ***

If you buddied them, then you can look inside your KI under the buddies folder and you should see their names over there.

----
***: There's also an annoying situation that can occur when the server data gets corrupted: we call that the frozen KI issue where new buddies online don't show up or long gone buddies still show up. We didn't experience that since many months so I wouldn't bet on that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

Alien wrote:
Awww Lyrositor, please don't feel like that. There is a reason OHBot is loved by some people, and it's not because he was the first of his kind. Lyrobot has his fans too, just that they tend not say how much they like him, as much as those who don't will say so.
Lyrobot won me over with his usefulness at the AGM, even though I didn't say anything, so please don't think no-one likes Lyrobot, because we do, and we do respect what you did and achieved. Thank you.

Thank you for your kind words Alien, but unfortunately, the numbers don't lie; sometimes, days go by with nobody stopping by Lyrobot, so I'm afraid it's just not an activity I find worthwhile anymore, unfortunately. :?

Jamie Marchant wrote:
I would be interested in getting his source code, if your sure that is wiz thing to do. Now if I understand the rules correctly anyone can create a Fun House bot, so long as it only stays in TFH?

The bot could also stay in its private Ages.

NellieBly wrote:
Anyone have the new KI numbers for Lyrobot (and the others)? They appear to have changed...

Lyrobot's KI number has not been changed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:55 pm 

Lyrositor wrote:
The bot could also stay in its private Ages.

That is true and that is a good way to test him, however what I want to know, is could the bot appear occotinally in TFH.(although I don't have the keys so that won't happen very often)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yes, he could appear in the Fun House.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:41 pm 

cool 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:57 pm 

NellieBly wrote:

TIA,
Nellie

I'm really sorry Nellie... Disregard my first answer. It is true in theory except there have been changes in bots.

MimiBot & MagicBot died and they have been replaced.

Mimi Bot: 21420380

Magic Bot: 21418998

I asked Michel prior to posting their KIs. He told me it was alright to do so :D

Post subject: Quest Hosting
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:48 am 

I had mentioned my Jahmen's Quest Series was in need of a host to better facilitate explorer requests for the next Clue Quest and Story Journals. We had lost many explorers interest in playing to Ki glitches of delayed requests.

OHB and I had discussed the matter of his bot hosting, though unable to reach a mutually financial arrangement for it at the time. However, what we did discuss made it clear his bot would have been capable of hosting the basic Q & A and sending them the next Quests.

It was agreed most explorers would feel less inhibited to play with a mechinized programmed host than a real life person.
and they could play at their own speed without having to wait for Q & A and loose interest and momentum with their game.

If you would like to use your bot to host my Quest Series, let me know. I think it would make for a very interesting test for a Urubot to host a Quest GAme Series.

~Jahmen Myst~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:59 pm 

Lyrositor,
I really have enjoyed playing with Lyrobot, I hope you will reconsider your decision to only bring him in for special events. My friends and I had just discovered playing with him as a group and figured out how to use the wonderful commands you created for him.

Whatever you decide, thanks for your hard work and the fun Lyrobot brought to MOULa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

As I am moving, Lyrobot will not be returning to the Cavern for the foreseeable future. His website will also be taken offline, in order to alleviate my web server, but it might return eventually in archived form.

I currently have no plans on re-introducing Lyrobot; open-sourcing him will probably not happen either after all, unless I find the time to dig through the code and release a clean version of him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:17 pm 

It is a shame you feel this is necessary, but thank you Lyrositor for all your hard work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:30 pm 

@Everyone: To be clear, Lyrobot is being taken offline due to RL reasons of Ly's more than anything else...but he does currently possess some technical issues, as well.

(/salute)

Nev's Note @Ly: If you feel I have shared too much info, just let me know and I'll edit/delete the post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13