It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:33 am 
Obduction Backer

I'm sorry. There is a question.
Is registration here necessary to talk with Lyrobot. :?:
↓↓↓
Lyrobot KI Registry

Toki #00084908
TOKIO #02973205

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:42 am 

I fell off my bed, I can't find sleep no more and I'm just here to distract myself so no coherent speech follows...

My Annabelle is often remotely controlled by my cat :lol: Can I consider her as being a bot? :wink: The issue is my keyboard. Why would my cat sleep anywhere else than on my keyboard? Silly question I think. I should maybe sacrifice my cat because he is disturbing the vault. What do you think? :wink:

----

Nice to see that I'm a "beta-tester" :lol: . I mostly had fun during my "testings". I wasn't "seriously" testing him. He shakes his bolts nicely :wink: Oddly he wears the name of the "mastermind" behind him when we control him from the remote web server.

----

I really like Lyrobot. He helped me again tonight for something...Handy in every woman's KI. Someone a bit too odd around...here she goes :wink: I can do it myself too...because i'm on the nasty side. I embraced not so long ago the dark side :twisted: . I need for that to have 2 avatars online which is less frequent since 2 months, therefore Lyrobot is very handy.

----

I'm working on my memory right now...

I remember having seen CrisGer in the cavern... let see. hmm 2 months ago. Nope

Oh wait... 6 months ago then... awww nope I must be confused with someone else.

Oh I got it... 1 year & 5 months ago exactly... oh wait a sec it wasn't him at all.

bottom line: I'm active in the community since 28 months, oddly I never saw CrisGer online. You must like URU greatly!

----

@CrisGer... no do not thanks me, It's a pleasure for me to help a poor soul :lol:

Let me tell you how to log in:

1) look for a folder called URU Live, it should be in your Program Files. Right there, you will find a file, an executable file ending with .exe;

2) Look for urulauncher.exe or uruexplorer.exe, it doesn't matter much. Click on that. A window that will pop up;

3) Enter your username and your password (I hope you remember them). At the selection screen, choose "CrisGer". You will end up in an age called "Relto". There will be a hut on your left side;

4) Enter this hut and click on the yellow cover book. Click on the image, you'll end up in an age called "Nexus". Don't get mixed up there, you can lose yourself greatly, it's a huge and vast age;

Paranthese: I once decided to explore the Nexus, I ran going clockwise, ran, ran, ran, ... until exhaustion. I never find an ending to it. I said to myself: "Silly you! You shouldn't have ran clockwise but counter-clockwise instead" So I did it, I ran counter-clockwise, ran, ran, ran, ...until exhaustion. I never, let me repeat never saw the end of it. A vast age I was saying? :lol:

5) Find the hand slot. Insert your hand in it. A screen will pop up. Do not be afraid! It's high-end technology made by a civilization far more advanced than us poor human explorers. Do not try to understand it, we aren't clever enough anyway. Now;

6) In "City Locations", choose ... let say... "Tokotah Alley" and link to it by clicking on the image when the book will be created (...by the high-end technology made by a civilization far more advanced than us poor human explorers).

Do not be afraid! You'll end up in a location where you will meet other humans. They won't be as clever as D'ni because humans cannot create high-end technology made by a civilization far more advanced than them. They will chat mostly in english. They will talk about strange things: what they did during the day, what they will do after logging off, they will express concerns or opinions about a "strange" world called "surface".

----

You might tell me... hmm Annabelle I'm not sure about your reference in your sign... Let me tell you :wink: I know it. I was very ill the other day, a strange illness called "The Paganinism Monstrous". The symptoms are very odds. You think you have a violin and that you play concertos, very odd I say...

I began to search over the rainbow...hmmm not really, well I could say that too :wink: (rainbow with 6 colours :lol: ) ... over the web to stumble on... awww thanks to my dear aussie friend who once told me: "she is he" Say that again? "She is he" oh ok LOL :?

You know when you read a story...and another story back to back because the nicest thing about Internet is that everything written is kept. You read a story you note this and that and this too. You read another story you note the same this, the same that and the same this too.

----

Ok I will leave you on a thought: Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer.

I really have to get some sleep :wink:
----

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:56 am 
Obduction Backer

Toki wrote:
I'm sorry. There is a question.
Is registration here necessary to talk with Lyrobot. :?:
↓↓↓
Lyrobot KI Registry

Absolutely! :) I don't want strangers controlling him without being able to trace them if they grief or abuse Lyrobot. Just remember that while registration is strongly recommended, your profile (and KI number) isn't public by default, and your info is safe with me. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

CrisGer wrote:
I have made it clear in past posts and will continue to do so, bots are not appropriate for this game or ever will be, this is a remarkable world created by the D'ni with a lot of interesting and remarkable tech of a special kind and there are no bots or electronic creations of any kind, their tech is of a very different kind. We have been playing and enjoying this world for many years now without such offensive reminders of the modern world, and they have no place in MOUL URU. Please take your toy to the innovation shard, and leave us in peace in MOUL thank you. I am sure you mean well but you obviously do not know or want to honour the long traditions of the remarkable realm of MOUL URU. Whether you advertised and promoted your toy to the guild or not, that does mot make it acceptable or in tune with the authentic game. I will report any instances of your bot as a exploit to Cyan if and when i see it in the Cavern.

Hmmm, I wonder if the visionary behind Myst Online, Mr. Rand Miller, would agree with you that reminders of the modern world have no place in Uru.

Quote:
In Uru we wanted to do the same thing. We wanted you to play you. Now thats interesting to take this great story and mythology and try and bring it to a place where people could feel like it's them. But thats what we did. Thats why the orange cone is in there. Who expects an orange cone in a Myst game? But we put an airstream trailer and an orange cone because we wanted people to realize that the Myst story was now intersecting current day life. And when you went down to explore what was going on it was if it was really happening. We wanted to blur the line just a little bit between reality and virtual reality. We wanted you to play you.- Rand Miller at GDC Austin September 2008

Wow, who would have thought that Uru was designed to have stuff from the modern world in it?

Chloe Rhodes

DIRT - Uru Live

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:01 pm 

Lyrobot only appears in The Fun House at the moment. I don't consider anything that happens in TFH to be cannon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:48 pm 
I don't consider anything not sanctioned by Cyan to be canon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

Explorers,

Recently explorers experienced some strange sights in the cavern, raising some concerns about whether the Bahro were returning to the Cavern in larger numbers, among other things. Fortunately, our investigation has determined that Yeesha and the "friendly Bahro" are still keeping the "bad Bahro" at bay, and the sights in the cavern were a very convincing, elaborate hoax.

In the meantime, other explorers have asked for permission to set up a specific neighborhood to perform similar shows for those explorers who are interested. The DRC members have been in discussions and have decided to allow this. Two new neighborhoods will be created - "The Hood of Illusions", where illusionists and special effects designers can schedule demonstrations of their abilities, and "The Fun House" where various illusions and special effects can displayed at any time.

We hope these compromises will encourage cooperation between explorers no matter what stance they hold on whether these displays should be allowed in the Cavern.

Be careful down there,

Dr. Watson

Thus, one can view Lyrobot as a very convincing, very clever illusion or special effect. But it is indeed "canon" in the sense that it is present and ongoing in the real live cavern.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Cyan has sanctioned Lyrobot to the TFH. :P :wink:

Ha ha! Zardoz beat me to it. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

Lyrositor wrote:
Absolutely! :) I don't want strangers controlling him without being able to trace them if they grief or abuse Lyrobot. Just remember that while registration is strongly recommended, your profile (and KI number) isn't public by default, and your info is safe with me. :wink:

I want to encounter Lyrobot. :wink:

Toki #00084908
TOKIO #02973205

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:16 pm 

If OHB says OHBot is not coming back, then I say Good on you Lyrositor !
I see nothing wrong with having a bot in MOULa
People get too paranoid over the word "bot"

If Lyrobot adds some fun and interest to MOULa, then I say why not?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

Toki wrote:
I want to encounter Lyrobot. :wink:

Alas, I am unavailable for the week-end, and so is Lyrobot. Then I'll have a few days before I go on vacation. So Lyrobot will be offline for that time period too. :cry:

Also, thank you everyone (well, everyone - 1) for your support! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:07 am 

Oh don't worry Lyrositor...

Someone of my crew kept the Fun House warm today :wink:

Do I? Oh no I wouldn't dare doing such a nasty thing :wink:

Anyway... I heard Stealth Sophie brought up a nice show with the help of 2 other GH. Since they didn't "openly" state they were part of the event, I won't tell who they were.

A special thanks to Gay Hood who brought marvelous dancing music once more. All the guys in the Fun House enjoyed your music gentleman :D .

A special mention to... "evil Haxxer" who came to troll. It was a funny moment, you should come more often, Sophie has a special script just for ya :lol: /me suspects (cough) (cough).

There will be a next show hosted by Sophie. I just don't know with who I will work yet. This one was totally improvised. I will still keep it natural as I like to improvise.

Really I would like to thanks you all guys who came for the whole duration or just for few minutes. I greatly appreciated and I'm very thankful. You know it's hard until you actually do it. After that, you know you were wrong :lol: it's really hard but nice at the same time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:03 am 
Obduction Backer

:shock: Lyrobot…

Some day, when a chance visits, let's meet. :)

Toki #00084908
TOKIO #02973205

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:52 am 

Wow... bit of a firestorm we got goin' in here.

I just don't see the harm that is done in the Fun House... . what is the Art, if not 'tinkering' with the reality of another age you access via a descriptive book? How is that so different from what's done in the Fun House? What they're doing, kinda boils down to a computerized, in-game equivalent of experimenting with the Art-- using a server, a pc, or a macbook as a stand-in for their 'descriptive book'.

There were science experiments done by the D'ni as well... Atrus killed his beloved pet cat, when he did a chemical experiment on the soil in the Cleft... but later, he used what he'd discovered to make a stable Age.

I don't even see how it's even out-of-character --- Lyrositor might be an engineer who found an old D'ni book on robotics in his Relto, and built the Lyrobot to their specs... and now he's been dangerously fusing digital code with the concept of a linking book, to give his android the linking power of the Bahro... who knows what direction this experiment may take us?

Anyway.. after waxing philosophical.. I did have another (maybe silly) idea you could mull over for the Lyrobot, Lyros... people seem to really like taking Ki photos of, and interacting with, the NPC characters like Yeesha and Zandi and the Bahro, etc when they show up in the funhouse.

Maybe you could put some buttons on Lyrobot's website that would let registered users morph the Lyrobot's appearance into a choice of NPC's, and then warp him into a 'photo area'-- like the classroom, where the game-view lets us see our own avatar's faces... and people could take a KI photo of themselves with their favorite Uru NPC!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

HarveyMidnight wrote:
Anyway.. after waxing philosophical.. I did have another (maybe silly) idea you could mull over for the Lyrobot, Lyros... people seem to really like taking Ki photos of, and interacting with, the NPC characters like Yeesha and Zandi and the Bahro, etc when they show up in the funhouse.

Maybe you could put some buttons on Lyrobot's website that would let registered users morph the Lyrobot's appearance into a choice of NPC's, and then warp him into a 'photo area'-- like the classroom, where the game-view lets us see our own avatar's faces... and people could take a KI photo of themselves with their favorite Uru NPC!

Excellent idea! I'll add it to the pile for version 1.1.0. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next