It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Deledrius wrote:
Markers are a crazy mess. It'll take some doing (and when he accomplishes it, be sure to give him a big cheer).

Be sure to give Boq a bigger cheer. :D He's the one with all the know-how; I'm just plugging it all together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:26 am 
Obduction Backer

Very true. Boq's been a big help for a lot. :D

MOULa KI #32712
MOULa KI #23298
MOUL KI #35129
D'mala KI #74265
Gehn KI #10113

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:44 am 
Obduction Backer

Three cheers for Boq.

"Pip Pip Hooray"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:56 am 
Obduction Backer

The biggest cheer in the world for the diligent, humble genius behind the scenes,
our brilliant, precious Boq !!! Many thanks and Kudos to one of the real heros ... /cheer ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

"Pip Pip Hooray"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

:arrow: Hi, Lyrositor

I am stupid, and really I'm sorry. :oops:

Remember to register with me by PMing me: "register [password]" where "[password]" is a password of your choice (without the brackets).

When I was asked by Lyrobot in this way, I do not know how I should have answered.
I read several explanation, but never understand it.
Please teach how to convey passwords to Lyrobot.
My message does not reach Lyrobot, and answers always return in this way.

I'm sorry, I didn't understand what you just said, Toki.

Toki #00084908
TOKIO #02973205

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:03 pm 

in b4 Lyrositor :P

He's asking you to PM him the word "register" and a password of your choice,
so for example you could PM him "register ilovelyrobot" (that's i love lyrobot not i lovely robot :roll:)
Then he'll tell you that you are registered and you can then go to his website and log in.
This will give you access to further features.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

What Alien said. :)
So here's a working example:
1. Click on Lyrobot's name in the Age list.
2. Type: register a-super-secure-password
3. You're registered! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hmm... I have bad news everybody. Apparently, the Vault makes checks on who can edit a marker game and who can't. So Lyrobot won't allow you to edit your marker games. :(

However, the marker exchange concept is still sound. So I'll just provide that. :D Then, at a later date, I'll provide a client that can download your marker games to a text file which you can then edit, then reload into MO:ULa with the modified markers. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:52 am 

Lyrositor wrote:
Yes, unfortunately, Lyrobot has problems when other Grey Hats enter The Fun House, because they like to page in objects for entertainment. Judging from the logs, someone paged in Jalak Dador, which made Lyrobot crash. :( I don't really have a way to fix this, unless I rewrite the entire Uru Python scripts. The only thing I can do when that happens is reboot Lyrobot.

Okay... run with me here. When something gets paged-in... it is only seen by people who are already IN the Funhouse. If somebody comes into the funhouse afterward, they can't see the added stuff.

Is Lyrobot impacted the same way?

Maybe the simple solution is add a warp button to the Lyrobot page that would warp him out of the actual Funhouse hood... like maybe just into the hood instance of Ae'gura... or, hmm, does Lyrobot have his own Relto? Then, the Grey Hats can just remember to warp Lyrobot out of the funhouse before paging anything in... then just warp him back in, and he's unaffected because it was paged in during his absence & doesn't need to be rebooted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:23 am 
Obduction Backer

Alien wrote:
He's asking you to PM him the word "register" and a password of your choice,
so for example you could PM him "register ilovelyrobot" (that's i love lyrobot not i lovely robot )
Then he'll tell you that you are registered and you can then go to his website and log in.
This will give you access to further features.

Lyrositor wrote:
What Alien said.
So here's a working example:
1. Click on Lyrobot's name in the Age list.
2. Type: register a-super-secure-password
3. You're registered!

Thank you very much. :D
I'll try it at once. :wink:

Toki #00084908
TOKIO #02973205

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

HarveyMidnight wrote:
Okay... run with me here. When something gets paged-in... it is only seen by people who are already IN the Funhouse. If somebody comes into the funhouse afterward, they can't see the added stuff.

Is Lyrobot impacted the same way?

That's correct. Also remember that once something is paged in, it will not leave you until you restart the game; so you'll be seeing paged in Ages in your other Ages, for example.

HarveyMidnight wrote:
Maybe the simple solution is add a warp button to the Lyrobot page that would warp him out of the actual Funhouse hood... like maybe just into the hood instance of Ae'gura... or, hmm, does Lyrobot have his own Relto? Then, the Grey Hats can just remember to warp Lyrobot out of the funhouse before paging anything in... then just warp him back in, and he's unaffected because it was paged in during his absence & doesn't need to be rebooted.

That's a pretty good idea. :D The only thing is, it will only work when Lyrobot is in full-screen mode, and that's not always the case. But if any Grey Hat is willing to invest a little extra effort, I'd be glad to help him. There is a Fun House instance of the city, for example (there is a Fun House instance of everything... almost).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well, I think we're due for another release aren't we? :D

Lyrobot has been updated to version 1.1.2 (yes there was a 1.1.1, but it was just very minor fixes; read the Release Notes for all the details)! So what's new? The main new feature here is the Marker Game Exchange, which you can view on his website under the Games tab. To submit a game, just send it to Lyrobot like you would to a regular player. To get it back, PM him "play [id]" (without the quotes, where [id] is the ID of the desired game; e.g. "play 6").

That's not all though. On top of a few new standard responses, I've added more linking destinations: the GoG Hood, the Guild Pubs (except for GoC; for some reason, I couldn't link to it) and the Watcher's Pub, all accessible through the "link" command. Lyrobot also has a new Fun House command to control Yeesha: you can make her appear with "yeesha", dance with "yeesha dance", wave with "yeesha wave" and teleport to you with "yeesha warp" (no quotes). Hope you have fun controlling the Grower. :wink:

Last but not least, Lyrobot has developed a cure to the hallucinations oft seen in The Fun House: paged in Ages will no longer affect him, so that he can chug along in peace.

Share and Enjoy! 8)

Last edited by Lyrositor on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:02 pm 

I like the Yeesha controls and the linking(will be extremely useful if someone mixallogies in the cleft) . I wish there was a help command or a "/?" command so I could see a list of all the commands and sub-commands. Also is the city Leryobot links you too, the Fun House one or the "real" one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

Jamie Marchant wrote:
I wish there was a help command or a "/?" command so I could see a list of all the commands and sub-commands.

There already is such a command, the "help" command (no forward slash or quotation marks).

Jamie Marchant wrote:
Also is the city Leryobot links you too, the Fun House one or the "real" one?

It's the real one; that is, the public one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next