It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:33 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Imager problem
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:39 pm 

Hi

I had a problem to remove some pic and text I had added to the imager in my hood.
I looked into Guild of Greeters KI guide, but I found the instructions there confusing.
It says that to clear all images you need to enter <cleardaimager> in place of <enter message>, that didn't work at all. Then it says that case of spacing are important and that I should not enter a <CR>, that didn't make sense to me.
I tried some ways of typing clear and the name of the imager, and it worked at last to remove my KI pic and text file, but now my attempts to remove the pics shows as tags on the imager, and I don't know how to remove it.

Help Please

Kneb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Hi Kneb, it appears that all you've done is add enough new KI msgs to cycle off what was already on the imager. I checked the Guild of Greeters Illustrated KI Guide and I don't quite under what the <CR> means, either unless it just means don't use Capital letters. However, I did notice that it said the images on the imager would cycle through before clearing, so maybe you just have to wait. Try linking out and back and see what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:37 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

This is actually quite subtle. What you need to realize is that the command must be cleardaImager - note the capital 'I' on Imager. Get yourself close to the imager, hit f6, replace the default message body with the command (as shown below) then click on the arrow to send the message to the imager. As Tai'lahr says, you need to wait until the imager has cycled through all of the images/message it currently has stored. Once it reaches the message with the "cleardaImager" command then it will erase.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Example

(Spoilered because the image is wider than the forum layout)

The comment about not entering a <CR> is because you shouldn't hit 'enter' at the end of the line (a 'Carriage Return') - the command needs to be the only thing in the message - no spaces, no other lines.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Last edited by Mac_Fife on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Updated URL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:43 pm 

The KI mail I use to clear it looks like:

[spoiler]TITLE:
Code:
clearimager

cleardaImager
[/spoiler]

As Mac says that's a Capital "i" letter, not a lowercase.

I think all that matters is the body of the text being "cleardaImager" and the title text can be anything at all, as Mac's pic shows the default "<Enter Title>" and mine works just fine with "clearimager". Note that I've had this particular KI Mail since 05/23/10, without updating it one bit at all, and it still works fine. :)

Sometimes the imagers are funky and take a while to 'take' the command to clear. I've seen 'em go through two cycles before clearing, and other times they clear immediately. Hope that helps!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:46 am 

Yes I spelled the command wrong. With a capital I it worked. I had to log out and in again to see the effect of it

Thanks a bunch all