It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:32 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:54 am 

Jamie Marchant wrote:
The intro vidioes of the game have been removed from the game, due to licensing issues when open source hit.

Awww....

:(

Good thing I already captured the audio, at least.....

Edit to add... here's the dialogue, for those who may not get a chance to hear:

Yeesha wrote:
The storm has come.
The rain has passed.
The Tree-- ...remains.

But far in the distance, a new storm builds,
with dry, Titian clouds of dust and destruction.
They are free, they are-- ...gathering.

And now, choices abound: some simple, some deep.
Even now-- decide.
Here, explore... alone.
The place where all journeys begin. There are no others in the Cleft. It is empty desert.

Yet, there is wisdom on that path.
Or here, explore together.
The cavern lives, and grows
There are friends-- and enemies-- laughing and waiting.

Alone or together, destruction is coming.
Alone or together, find a way.
Alone or together, make a home.

They come.

He comes.

And I will come, as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:26 am 
Obduction Backer

A lot of the changes are quite good, like being able to use the KI sitting down, corrupt saved images fix, and the pellet point stealing glitch fix (I had been seriously embarrassed by that glitch in the past).

But I noticed something and do have a suggestion for the next update someday.(whenever it should come):

[spoiler=To: Any programmers]I do believe that the Python coding for the GZ stained glass randomization could be done in a better way: Add the condition that the Great Zero linking book itself has to be turned ON or else it won't do the randomization. With how it works now if you leave the stained glass completely off in a Neighborhood, it will just be randomized to one of the 3 next time someone links in.

I don't know if this code came entirely from a fan or if it was used in some form in the original MOUL (at the time when the glass actually did randomize) But wouldn't it be better programming if it would allow the glass to stay off if the corresponding book is off? (The other two stained glasses can be set entirely off, and even the Delin/Tsogal books that also use randomization can both be left off.

It may not seem relevent in MOULa where the GZ book is always intended to be on, but it seems like the programming should be a 'universal' format that would leave all these sorts of on/off options possible. Plus, I know adding a condition like this wouldn't be too hard.[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:30 pm 

Thanks HarveyMidnight, I still suggest that new players watch the video(I think it may also be on YouTube if that's easier), as their are clues for new players in the visuals of the video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
If nothing else, I discovered that if you hit F4, then click the Intro video, you won't get the opening video, but you will get a nice panorama of the walls of the lower bahro cave.

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:07 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Ehren wrote:
But I noticed something and do have a suggestion for the next update someday.(whenever it should come):
I don't think there was actually any code changed for that feature, but a SDL setting was changed so that the code that was already there actually got used.

Jamie Marchant wrote:
Thanks HarveyMidnight, I still suggest that new players watch the video(I think it may also be on YouTube if that's easier), as their are clues for new players in the visuals of the video.

As I understand the position, Cyan intend to place the original video on the website so that all players will be able to view it on demand. That'll be when time permits.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Last edited by Mac_Fife on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:52 pm 

Cool :)

EDIT: And that sounds like a fun easter egg TOO.(although it really a bug) I will have to give that a try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

I love the new avatar physics; I have finally gotten all my rocks and logs into my relto hut. 8)

Last edited by Donahoo on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

Me too Donahoo, except I got my logs near the outdoor fireplace, in sort of a nice pile, and the rocks are neatly out of the way in a separate pile. Ahhhh, heaven! LOL!

Cheers,
Buddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:37 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Inside the hut is the last place I'd want them, as I keep tripping over them. I try to keep my sticks and stones out of the way of the front entrance. Now that it's a lot easier to move them, I might arrange them into a path border. Maybe.

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:36 am 

Tried my best to pile mine into a little fireplace between the pillars. I was gonna kick the red & yellow fire marbles underneath to get those embers goin'... didn't manage to pull it off.

BUT... I was finally able to get that one log OUT of my hut!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:58 am 
Obduction Backer

Loving the physics. I had to go back to Teledahn and kick things in the dungeon level.

Mac_Fife wrote:
As I understand the position, Cyan intend to place the original video on the website so that all players will be able to view it on demand. That'll be when time permits.

I know this is a long shot, but where would I suggest that the intro video be changed to the original from Uru: ABM? I think that video does a better job of orienting newbies, and it also doesn't really prime expectations for Cyan story…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

If I recall correctly, Malfhok, that is also a Bink video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:41 pm 

If Rand really never deletes anything digital, they should have all the assets that made up all the vidioes and they should be able to "recompile them" in another format, all this would take is someones time, Mac said they would put a video on the website, this will also take time but if they do plane on doing this they probally have a sulustion in mind. This will also take money, so if you feel like donating, this would be the time to do it. Lastly some of the programming community do have another solution but I forget what it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:41 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

There is consideration in the H'uru team of using the VP8 codec as a substitute for Bink, so that videos can be restored into the game (and new ones added, if that becomes appropriate), but I think there is still some way to go before that happen. Cyan will still have the original source video, but it's probably in some very byte-hungry format that isn't suitable for delivery over the web. The suggestion was that Cyan might convert it to a Quicktime movie. I don't think that takes a lot of effort, but getting this last update out did take some time, and I guess there's some catching up on "real work" that needs doing now.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

This line has always troubled my paranoid side...

HarveyMidnight wrote:
There are friends-- and enemies-- laughing and waiting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next