It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

HarveyMidnight wrote:
Tried my best to pile mine into a little fireplace between the pillars. I was gonna kick the red & yellow fire marbles underneath to get those embers goin'... didn't manage to pull it off.

There is another fire pit to be had..[spoiler]myst[/spoiler] so you can just stack your logs next to that

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

I haven't installed the update yet....is there something wrong with the Teledahn buckets?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:35 pm 

I have the update but have not tried the buckets, yet, so I don't know what Chogen is talking about.

'In the Build 918' announcement thread Chogen wrote:
Also, there may be some bucket damage in Teledahn…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:00 am 
Obduction Backer

I had no problem with either XP or 7 versions of windows after the version change with the buckets in Teledahn (using old avvies and/or new ones)..so I do not realize the problem either.

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:24 am 
Obduction Backer

'In the Build 918' announcement thread Chogon wrote:
Also, there may be some bucket damage in Teledahn…

When I saw that I guessed it was a joke. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:59 am 
Obduction Backer

During the verification, Tor'i (and I think others) noticed that some of the buckets were disconnected from their pulleys along the rope. It was unclear though whether that was actually caused by the update. Others of us had no such problem in our Teledahns. Either way, as far as I understand, the functionality of the buckets was not affected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:15 am 
Obduction Backer

Christian Walther wrote:
During the verification, Tor'i (and I think others) noticed that some of the buckets were disconnected from their pulleys along the rope. It was unclear though whether that was actually caused by the update. Others of us had no such problem in our Teledahns. Either way, as far as I understand, the functionality of the buckets was not affected.

I've seen this before and even posted on it - can't remember if it was Minkata or Gehn, but I don't remember anyone reacting so I assumed it was a known issue. You can sometimes see twin buckets going along the cable, and longer gaps between them. Something I always wanted to do was to trap two buckets in the control room by shutting the doors and I recently managed this!

edit - it was on Gehn, http://forum.guildofwriters.org/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=5779&hilit=+teledahn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:23 pm 

This is probably what Chogen is talking about. Gehn has newer pysicis so that makes sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:59 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Acorn1 wrote:
You can sometimes see twin buckets going along the cable, and longer gaps between them.

This is exactly what was first noticed by Tor'i during verification. Then we noticed the pulleys. Funny stuff. ;)

If these were seen on Minkata and Gehn, then it could still be caused by fan updates (somehow). If this was already noticed in Uru prime (single-user Ubi boxed version), MOUL or MOULa prior to fan updates, it would be informative to hear about it to pinpoint the time where it was first seen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:21 pm 

JWPlatt wrote:
Acorn1 wrote:
You can sometimes see twin buckets going along the cable, and longer gaps between them.

This is exactly what was first noticed by Tor'i during verification. Then we noticed the pulleys. Funny stuff. ;)

If these were seen on Minkata and Gehn, then it could still be caused by fan updates (somehow). If this was already noticed in Uru prime (single-user Ubi boxed version), MOUL or MOULa prior to fan updates, it would be informative to hear about it to pinpoint the time where it was first seen.

I've seen it since all through MOUL into MOULa, but I can't recall if I ever saw it in Offline.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:45 pm 

Calumon wrote:
JWPlatt wrote:
Acorn1 wrote:

I've seen it since all through MOUL into MOULa, but I can't recall if I ever saw it in Offline.

Yes me too.

In fact...almost all of my Teledahn have been plagued with this issue on MOULa: one pulley with no basket and two baskets travelling in a row back-to-back right after. One basket decides to have company and leaves its pulley :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

Mac_Fife wrote:
There is consideration in the H'uru team of using the VP8 codec as a substitute for Bink, so that videos can be restored into the game (and new ones added, if that becomes appropriate), but I think there is still some way to go before that happen. Cyan will still have the original source video, but it's probably in some very byte-hungry format that isn't suitable for delivery over the web. The suggestion was that Cyan might convert it to a Quicktime movie. I don't think that takes a lot of effort, but getting this last update out did take some time, and I guess there's some catching up on "real work" that needs doing now.

If it's a matter of getting a movie converted to Quicktime, I do video work professionally, and that's a task that I absolutely would have an idea of how to do if I only had the file to look over. I'd be glad to do it to help out if I can. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:59 pm 

Compressing the source video is probably the easy part of that task. Question is just which codec to choose? Is QT open source or at least free to distribute?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:57 am 

Uhh... quick-time is a proprietary apple format, which they used for in-game movies back in the Myst/Riven days. Ogg video is free and open source and works on most platforms but only on newer borrowers. Flash might be the best way to go as it works on almost everything(it does not and will not ever work on the iPhone but that's off-topic), a flash video player, can play another format such as a Mpeg which can also be played in-game. There is probably a open source Mpeg Flash player around somewhere but you would only need the player for the website, so it would not have to be OS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:15 am 
Obduction Backer

Keep in mind that what we end up deciding on has to be "easy to use" (not overly cumbersome to compile, mostly) and gimped-GPL compatible. The latter rules out a lot of things. The former has already ruled out libav/ffmpeg (compiles with gcc only) and vp8 (requires cygwin to compile, binary distributions are incompatible with SEH). We've considered trying libtheora ("ogg video") but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next