All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:21 am 
Obduction Backer

Annabelle wrote:
Calumon wrote:
JWPlatt wrote:
Acorn1 wrote:
You can sometimes see twin buckets going along the cable, and longer gaps between them.

This is exactly what was first noticed by Tor'i during verification. Then we noticed the pulleys. Funny stuff. ;)

If these were seen on Minkata and Gehn, then it could still be caused by fan updates (somehow). If this was already noticed in Uru prime (single-user Ubi boxed version), MOUL or MOULa prior to fan updates, it would be informative to hear about it to pinpoint the time where it was first seen.

I've seen it since all through MOUL into MOULa, but I can't recall if I ever saw it in Offline.

Yes me too.

In fact...almost all of my Teledahn have been plagued with this issue on MOULa: one pulley with no basket and two baskets travelling in a row back-to-back right after. One basket decides to have company and leaves its pulley :wink:

As it turns out, the bucket may appear in the wrong spot, but if you stop the bucket line at the right place, you can hop in where the bucket SHOULD be. So you just appear to climb into an invisible bucket and then vanishing once inside.

But yeah, this glitch has been around a long time in MOUL and MOULa. So I don't know what that comment meant.

The other issue that MOUL's Teledahn has always had is that the bucket line always starts up automatically when you link back to the age IF you leave the power on and the starting lever (by where you climb into the bucket) in the forward position. (Since you can turn off the bucket movement in the factory, it is possible to leave the lever pulled forward like that.) Technically you are supposed to have to toggle the lever again to start the buckets from the walkway.

I just always tried to remember to put that lever back to it's off position before linking out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:48 am 

I just think that JWPlatt wasn't too sure if that issue was an update-related issue so he asked the community if it was something already there before.

Calumon said yes
I said yes
and you, Ehren, said yes.

I think now it's quite clear :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:39 am 
Obduction Backer

Ehren wrote:
The other issue that MOUL's Teledahn has always had is that the bucket line always starts up automatically when you link back to the age IF you leave the power on and the starting lever (by where you climb into the bucket) in the forward position. (Since you can turn off the bucket movement in the factory, it is possible to leave the lever pulled forward like that.) Technically you are supposed to have to toggle the lever again to start the buckets from the walkway..

I think you've got it backwards. I just tested this today, and the buckets stop when you link out on MOUL, but they remain running in Uru CC. Regardless, we should expect them to remain moving--it doesn't make sense for machines in the age to change just because you happened to leave. That would be like my computer turning itself off in the event that I left the room to pet the cat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:55 am 
Creative Kingdoms

That's funny. I was just thinking today about attaching a motion sensor to kiosks so they know when the user walks away instead of waiting to time out - like automatic flush toilets. Wouldn't be too tough to put one of those on your computer with a power relay. Flushing the cache would be a whole new experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:11 am 
Obduction Backer

AdamJohnso wrote:
I think you've got it backwards. I just tested this today, and the buckets stop when you link out on MOUL, but they remain running in Uru CC. Regardless, we should expect them to remain moving--it doesn't make sense for machines in the age to change just because you happened to leave. That would be like my computer turning itself off in the event that I left the room to pet the cat.

That's backwards of what I meant, I meant that if you leave the bucket movement OFF by turning it off at the control panel (while the bucket lever is left pulled forward), then link out and back in, the buckets will start up again right as you link in.

What's important is the lever by where you enter the buckets. The age remembers if you left the lever pulled forward or pushed back. Since we have more than one method for turning the bucket movement on and off, the lever can be left forward or backwards in both on and off conditions. Apparently MOUL wants to read the lever position right upon linking in and act upon that.

So it isn't surprising to think the reverse glitch is true that if you turn the buckets on at the control panel but the lever is in the back position, the buckets would suddenly stop upon relinking.

EDIT: After checking, apparently for my glitch of the buckets starting up on link in to happen you need to have BOTH the walkway lever pulled forward AND the little switch on the left of the control panel left flipped up. After the bucket ride I normally flip that switch down then use the switch near it to stop the buckets, after that I flip the switch back up but do NOT pull the actual switch that would make it start the buckets again.

So it's some pretty specific conditions I set up for myself there with my weird little habits, but it never happened in CC when I did the same thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Geez. I knew this puzzle was screwed up by that doofus Tye, but I never knew it was that bad =/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt wrote:
That's funny. I was just thinking today about attaching a motion sensor to kiosks so they know when the user walks away instead of waiting to time out - like automatic flush toilets. Wouldn't be too tough to put one of those on your computer with a power relay. Flushing the cache would be a whole new experience.
Sorry to go off topic, but I saw commercials for new smart phones that pause the video if you look away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:36 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

That's because the NSA wants to make sure you're always looking into your phone. Smile! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:35 am 
Obduction Backer

:lol: