It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:19 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:36 pm 

I will post here seeing it deals with the 916 build.

There seems to be emotions running over this new build in the cavern. People are practically screaming about the
POSSIBLE loss of the combo jumps and skydiving abilities.

1. and I will capitalize this THESE COMBO JUMPS AND SKY DIVING ABILITIES AND COLLISION WALL CLIMBS WERE NEVER INTENDED TO BE PART OF THE OFFICIAL GAME PLAY.

The new build was intended to improve game performance,and fix other issues from what I gather. This may affect the know game GLITCHES(combo jumps and climbing). Some have expressed leaving Moula because their Sky Diver friends have left because of losing some of their marker games and abilities already, or ceasing their donations.
These marker games and abilities of climbing are fun and challenging, I have enjoy--ed< them and have made a few myself . If that is all that kept these players (skydivers and others) in-cavern then they were going to leave any way,because lets face it,the game does have an end point.
It is up to us the players to create new and fun events/games/venues to do. We have a lot of things available now such as DMR,random DJ,language lessons,storytelling,age tours, glyph tours and more. So loosing (if it happens) Precious(LOTR) will not be the demise of our game world, unless we choose it to be
Those that have left for Second Life, There and other places aren't going to come back for what ever reason, oh ..well, now if they appear in-cavern I will greet them, treat them as my friends as I have always done.
Well to get off my soap box, loosing the combo's and zips isn't the worst thing to happen so I ask my fellow explorers to chill and let us see what works for us.

read more about this here http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26556

KI 00142411

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:18 pm 

DaVinci wrote:

There seems to be emotions running over this new build in the cavern. People are practically screaming about the

1. and I will capitalize this THESE COMBO JUMPS AND SKY DIVING ABILITIES AND COLLISION WALL CLIMBS WERE NEVER INTENDED TO BE PART OF THE OFFICIAL GAME PLAY.

I was thinking this myself, but if I said it, it would not surprise me if my post got deleted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

It's really annoying when people complain that their exploit-based metagame is broken by truly excellent updates that bring more interesting things, like native Mac and Linux clients ever so slightly closer.

Just the thoughts of the guy who has been told he knows nothing and is quite stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:12 pm 

DaVinci wrote:

The new build was intended to improve game performance,and fix other issues from what I gather. This may affect the know game GLITCHES(combo jumps and climbing). Some have expressed leaving Moula because their Sky Diver friends have left because of losing some of their marker games and abilities already, or ceasing their donations.
These marker games and abilities of climbing are fun and challenging, I have enjoy--ed< them and have made a few myself . If that is all that kept these players (skydivers and others) in-cavern then they were going to leave any way,because lets face it,the game does have an end point.
It is up to us the players to create new and fun events/games/venues to do. We have a lot of things available now such as DMR,random DJ,language lessons,storytelling,age tours, glyph tours and more. So loosing (if it happens) Precious(LOTR) will not be the demise of our game world, unless we choose it to be
Those that have left for Second Life, There and other places aren't going to come back for what ever reason, oh ..well, now if they appear in-cavern I will greet them, treat them as my friends as I have always done.
Well to get off my soap box, loosing the combo's and zips isn't the worst thing to happen so I ask my fellow explorers to chill and let us see what works for us.

read more about this here http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26556

I don't know what is the fuzz you are talking about because for me it's business as usual...

Today, I'm doing combo jumping, zip launching, & double jumps, it will be just the same in a month from now. I've worked extra hours these past weeks & I have still plenty to do to bring something to the skydiving & afficionados community. I'm still donating money & with the way the server is NOW really stable enabling myself to work these extra hours efficiently, I may...when my bank account will stack up a little...money vanished suddenly from it LOL like chocolate in my house donate new money for the server stability.

If someone is panicking, tell them to contact me, I'll try to explain the situation. Yes there will be a different client to use, except that's not a biggie... I'm not green with purple dot because I'm using a different client than everybody else, no one can tell anyway (...that i'm using a different client ;) to make a precision LOL)

And let's face it: give me one good reason to develop a quest on the normal client which will change in a near future and then re-change and then re-re-change...etc. and with all the kneeling & breaking... no way! For climbing/skydiving/glitching, the best is the skydiving client and it's a simple easy affordable solution that changes absolutely nothing except giving us extra ability to do some tricks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

"When the king doesn't respect his kingdom..."

I can understand the point of view of some people, but those can they understand that this game needs players?
Current players form communities, such as Skydivers for example.
If the king (the game) doesn't respect his kingdom (the players), how can the king hopes that his kingdom respects him? :roll:

/?t - "jukebox"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:23 pm 

AdamJohnson wrote:
Just the thoughts of the guy who has been told he knows nothing and is quite stupid.

Don't let it get too you. They obviously don't realize how much work you have done on the project and that only smart people make good programmers :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

Skydivers are starting to sound like vinyl nostalgics: they grew fond of a flaw and they call it a feature :roll:

There is no kingdom, but there is a free service, i.e. no warranty.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
I dislike the argument that Uru should be left as it is in order to retain the current crop of players because it completely dismisses an entire segment of the community: people who have been here for 5-10 years, stayed with it and remained active in the community even when Uru wasn't online, and have spent countless hours working to fix things so that the game would work the way it was intended to by Cyan.

You may not see these people in the cavern on a regular basis, but that doesn't make their vision for Uru any less valuable than yours. They're not in MOULa because they're elsewhere, working on fixes, developing new content, and making other contributions to the community.

What do you tell them? Thanks, but no thanks? We don't want the fruits of your hard labor? We don't care about seeing Cyan's vision?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:57 pm 

Tai'lahr wrote:
I dislike the argument that Uru should be left as it is in order to retain the current crop of players because it completely dismisses an entire segment of the community: people who have been here for 5-10 years, stayed with it and remained active in the community even when Uru wasn't online, and have spent countless hours working to fix things so that the game would work the way it was intended to by Cyan.

You may not see these people in the cavern on a regular basis, but that doesn't make their vision for Uru any less valuable than yours. They're not in MOULa because they're elsewhere, working on fixes, developing new content, and making other contributions to the community.

What do you tell them? Thanks, but no thanks? We don't want the fruits of your hard labor? We don't care about seeing Cyan's vision?

Image Well said. :) Uru needs to be flexible in order to survive, like branches of a tree spreading out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:08 pm 

Well, Ly has been generously giving of his time to allow people the choice of using vinyl or utilize the modern tech available to us...

...However, we seriously need improvements, updates/upgrades, and also bits of new content as stepping stone towards the future...

...In other places, there are such discussions going on. As such a "minor" new content idea, what abotu soem sort of "welcome" letter on the Relto bookshelf...or in on the classroom desk?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Well, I had A Certain ResEng give me a definite Maybe today.... :)

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:07 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Jamie Marchant wrote:
AdamJohnson wrote:

Don't let it get too you. They obviously don't realize how much work you have done on the project and that only smart people make good programmers :)

What I find remarkable is that Adam's major in college is not even in the Computer Sciences. So lots of talent there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

Annabelle wrote:
If someone is panicking, tell them to contact me, I'll try to explain the situation.

Great post and a great attitude and spirit, Annabelle - thanks for that! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt wrote:
What I find remarkable is that Adam's major in college is not even in the Computer Sciences. So lots of talent there.

And don't forget his Pulitzer Prize! :wink: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

Who are you guys arguing with. I get that us skydivers are unwelcome here and our opinions don't count.
I have not seen a single post arguing with any of the changes this time. I even read a post from the most outspoken of all of us. Requesting any skydiver to contact her in an attempt to stop this argument before it starts. But nobody seems to care. So yea I get it. I'm an **** for beaing a skydiver. The hundreds of hours I spent building new adventures here count for nothing. The only comment I have made about these updates was directly to the writers. Told them I'm on full support of what thay do. Only se it as an improvement. And would attempt to rebuild something when the time is right.
But o well. My opinions are wrong even before I state them. How fun. Ill go away now bye.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next