It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:14 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:52 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

I'd like to advise that I'm going to be taking more of a "back seat" as far as moderating on these forums is concerned from this point forward. There are other things that really need my time so something has to give, as it were. After discussing this with Chogon and the other mods, I'll remain a moderator and will still check in and contribute from time to time, just not nearly so frequently.

I realize that some people have come to rely on me being around to respond to PMs, however I'd ask that you use the Report Post button to highlight any issues instead - that will alert all moderators and admins and will likely get a faster response. If it's a matter that doesn't really belong to a specific thread or post you can "report" one of the Information and Resource Center threads, e.g.:
If you must send a PM to a moderator (e.g. because of the size of the message) then please remember that the recipient may not be available to read it for some time.

In due course, we may get a more efficient way to allow members to contact the moderation and administration team, but for now, the "Report" method will work well enough.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

Aww!..The best things always seem to go away...You have always been an intrigal part (IMHO) of this experience Mac..I wish you well and God Bless..

'mod note' 918 version problem..Mac is not gonna be here as often...bummer

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Last edited by Charura on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

very many thanks for all you do, have done and will no doubt continue to do, Mac. You're right, we do rely on you! Your speedy service and wise counsel will be missed, though I know the other mods will do their best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

Very sad to see such an excellent and just moderator as you go away, Mac. However, I completely understand your decision and I hope you'll be able to devote the time you need to those other things which require your attention. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:50 pm 

Mac,

Good for you, but will miss your kind help and knowledge.
Still be looking for your posts! :D
One of the best Mods around!! not to mention a very good friend :lol:

Enjoy! My Friend
Goren

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:11 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
It feels like the teacher has just stepped out of the room. :wink:

I guess we need to become a little more self-sufficient here so that we don't force you (or any other mod) into full-retirement. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:24 am 

Your timely help will be missed. Glad you will not be totally gone....would be a very big Crater to fill. Take care...catch you around my friend!!

KI #03313934

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:18 am 
Obduction Backer

that is a bummer - and your frequent articulate and carefully written comments will be sorely missed, but glad that it's not a total cut off as that would really be sad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:47 am 
Obduction Backer

Sad to hear this. You've been such an integral part of this community for so long Mac that it almost seems strange for you not be around as often. I'm sure you'll enjoy finally getting that long deserved break though! :D

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:11 am 
Obduction Backer

Haha, cool ... I suppose you knew what would happen, what you had to deal with, Mac ... It was thus a smart step to step down partially for the time being ... :lol:

Actually, no one is irreplaceable, but to find an adequate compensation for the by now excellently and empathically and so very gently filled space you're leaving behind is quite 'something' ... Yes, you're just awesome ... :)

Mac, in any case, I believe this decision wasn't easy for you, but absolutely important and beneficial and perfect for you and your family and friends and whatever matters on your life journey, and I'm wishing you the most awesome and happiest life in the world and everything you might wish and desire and be dreaming of for yourself ... Many Blessings, Love and Light ...
Take care, Mac, and stop by every now and then ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:47 am 
Obduction Backer

Just wanted to add my thanks as well. You've always been very prompt to offer help or suggestions, and very patient. Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:16 pm 

Thank you very much mac for all your excellent very fare and just comments/actions and wisdom.

----------
colon in moula

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:32 pm 

Thanks for all the hard work you have done for the community Mac. Sorry to hear you don't have as much time to donate to it now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:05 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

For anything that you've seen Mac_Fife involved with, he's done much, much more. He has been so far one of the most valuable cross-disciplined and level-headed contributors in the community that I have met or seen. Even if he's doing half the work he used to, he's still doing more than most or inspiring others to do better. OpenUru.org, for one, would not be what it has become without his help and guidance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:18 pm 

Thanks for all you have done Mac. :(

You have improved many people's experience with Myst.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image