It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:11 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Skydiving Client
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:17 pm 

It should also be noted Ly isn't going to be updating the custom clients he's built, so eventually I'm assuming they'll stop working. Doobes is looking into developing the skills to recreate the client for GoMe members, but honestly even if he doesn't, it will only be a minor loss for the Messengers.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:17 pm 

Hello everyone!

I received not too long ago a brand new PC. I was quite happy with it until yesterday when I tried to log in with the Skydiving Client. I had to put this DLL file on my installation: d3dx9_27.dll
I put it in System32 and SYSsomething64. I restarted the whole baby but nothing seems to work.

Since then, everytime I'm trying to log in I'm receiving this message:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

When I go on the web, they say to reinstall Direct X. It could be an easy task but nothing is easy with Windows 10 :lol: because the only thing I get from the web is this great excerpt of a dialogue human-machine:

Machine: "Congrats! You have a Windows with a native Direct X 12, the best of the best!"
Me: "That's great but what about a way to reinstall it?"
Machine: "No it's only available for those on Windows 10"
Me: "I know that silly! I have Windows 10, now what?"
Machine: "It's already installed, why would you change a thing?"
Me: "Ahhhhhhhh!" :lol:

It's the dog running after its own tail kind of situation... :cry:

Could a charitable soul of you be kind enough to help me out? See... MOULa on normal client (yes it's working fine, I tested it) is far from being pleasurable for myself.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

Annabelle wrote:
Could a charitable soul of you be kind enough to help me out? See... MOULa on normal client (yes it's working fine, I tested it) is far from being pleasurable for myself.

Have you thought about running a virtual machine with an older operating system? Virtualbox works on Windows 10.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:33 pm 

There is an "optional feature" for Windows 10 called "Graphics Tools". I don't know what exactly it does (the description just says "This adds DirectX Graphics Tools support") but it sounds like it might help if this is a DirectX issue. You can install optional features under Settings > System > Apps & features > Manage optional features > Add a feature. (The list has mostly things like spellchecking lamguages in it, the DirectX thing can be a little hard to find.)

If that doesn't help, have you tried the usual solutions (XP compatibility mode, run as admin)? Also, the error code you're getting technically means that an invalid file path was used somewhere - do you have any non-English letters or special characters in the folder path of the client? Unlikely that this is the actual problem, but you never know.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:34 pm 

@larryf58: that would be a great suggestion if I had a Windows 7 copy. I know for sure my computer was delivered with Vista pre-installed then I went really fast for Windows 7 RC then I bought it. Maybe the license is transferrable.

I'm incline though to try @dgelessus tweak first for direct X. My path to my folder is rather simple : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Uru Live".

I'll let you know what I will be able to do. Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:10 am 

@ Annabelle
Quote:
re: oxc00007b bug.
According to numerous articles all across the internet, it occurs when a 32-bit application is trying to interact with 64-bit system environment.
See here for possible fixes:
http://finally-found-the-solution.blogs ... error.html
Edited
Make certain that you try the usual fixes compatibility modes and Run as a administrator as suggested by " dgelessus "

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:01 am 

Hello Annabelle.

I tried the Skydiving client with Windows 10 and all works fine for me.
I'm Under w10 pro, but 32 bits instead of 64 as you. My 64 bits computer is in Belgium and I'm not there actually.

Try to run as admin the client.

I can send you all the .dll files. That can help you too.

Passe une bonne journée :)
Michel.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:09 am 

Hurray!!!

I finally succeeded. Obviously I had done everything correctly but I took the wrong version of the dll file on the Internet :roll:

So here are the steps if you are on Windows 10 64 bits system:

1) Install MOULa & PhysX to have your normal client.
2) Copy and paste your "uruskydiving.exe" in the folder created in 1).
3) Click on uruskydiving.exe to launch the program.

4) If it tells you that d3dx9_27.dll is missing, you MUST take the version 9.08.299.0000 available on this website: http://www.dllme.com/dll/files/d3dx9_27_dll.html The right d3dx9_27.dll file weights 2.21 Mb.

You copy it inside these folders: C:\windows\system32\ and C:\windows\sysWOW64\ (No need to restart your computer or anything)

5) Click on uruskydiving.exe and enjoy jumping & combo jumping :mrgreen:

For Windows 10 32 bits systems, I think you just have 1 of the 2 above folders, do same trick.

Thank you Misters larryf58 & dgelessus!
Et merci à vous, messieurs Artic_Wagon et Mister Magic !

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:03 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

That particular DLL issue has been around for while, and is caused by the client being built using a slightly newer version of the DirectX 9.0c SDK than Cyan used. Rather than replacing that single DLL, which I'd worry might spring some other incompatibility issue on you at a later date, I always recommended using Microsoft's web installer for DX9 to completely re-install DirectX. The link is below, but I can't confirm it is still valid (on my Android tablet, the MS website seems to want to insist that I download Windows 10 every time I visit :evil: )

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... laylang=en

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:27 am 

@Mac_fife: I understand your worries but I cannot install anything since the browser automatically detects my OS and tells me I have the most recent Direct X installed. It might be even the Microsoft website as I tried on different browsers and they always tell me the same thing. I have older computers at home so I could always try that trick. But I'm not sure it would worth it.

The more recent games will use .dll from Direct X 12 (such as Obduction) and since I'm not a gamer at all (apart Syberia, Uru, & some solitaire card games :lol: that's about it!), I don't use much of those .dll for Direct X.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:15 am 

Yes, quite possibly you've got a newer version installed anyway. I'm not sure how that'd work but it wouldn't surprise me if the MS site refused to then offer you an older version.

But for anyone who maybe only has the DirectX 9.0c that was packaged with the Cyan software and runs into that DLL problem with the skydiving client (and some other clients) then this looks like working link for the updated 9.0c installer: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/downloa ... x?id=34429

I'm always a bit nervous of taking DLLs from third party sites - there's no easy way to check their authenticity, so it's a case of caveat emptor.

In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:24 am 

It's totally impossible to install DirectX 9.0c on Windows 10.
The only way to have d3dx9_27.dll is to copy it manually in C:\windows\system32\ and C:\windows\sysWOW64\

:)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:29 pm 

I'm in no position to dispute that from a perspective of personal experience, but the last comment here seems to be quite categorical that DX9 can be installed on Win10, although other discussions I've seen seem to suggest that individual experiences can be "variable" :roll:
http://superuser.com/questions/979687/h ... windows-10

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:46 pm 

I had the same problem after upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10 this past weekend. I tried installing Direct X 9.0c, but was unable to set compatibility mode. I installed this which solved the problem. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... px?id=8109. This installed d3dx9_27.dll and I did NOT have to manually install the driver from a third party site.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:55 pm 

Which versin of the dll file do I have to get? The free version?

Lyrositor wrote:

Installation is very simple:

1. Download UruSkydiving.exe from the provided link.
2. Copy it to your Uru Live folder (usually C:\Program Files\Uru Live).
3. Download libeay32.dll and copy it to your Uru Live folder.
4. And whenever you want to run Uru with the old physics, just run UruSkydiving.exe instead of UruExplorer.exe or UruLauncher.exe!

FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next