It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:33 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:15 am 

What new content is in MOULa from offline version?

Hi, Sorry if a newb question but it's hard to actually establish if and what new content has been added to MOULa (officially by Cyan or approved fan based material) from the offline version by searching the forum, is there an official game update thread on the forum I've missed?

When you launch the game it say's "updating" but is that just updating my data or if there are game updates are they then being updated in my game or if/when updates are added do you need to d/load a new client version?

many thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Shorah D'hekimo and welcome to the Uru Community.

[Reveal] Spoiler: What's in MOULa that's not in Uru:Complete Chronicles
There are three new ages (Delin, Tsogahl, and Minkata) and also the "Path of the Shell" (Er'cana & Ahnonay) is done a bit differently.

These were added during the GameTap era in 2007 and no new content has been added since then. However, fans have been working to fix bugs which is necessary to pave the way for adding fan-created content down the line. Yes, the "updating" is usually just updating your data since your last visit. When a real update of fixes is done, the loading time will take longer and you'll see a difference in the release number (UruLive.Live.1.918-External.Release).

Here is a list of the fan fix contributions recently uploaded by Cyan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tai missed a few...
[Reveal] Spoiler:
There is also 4 Pod Ages: Negilahn, Dereno, Payifern, and Tetsonot.
Also Kirel (the DRC Bevin) has been completely repurposed - no more books to the City. But 4 "links" to 4 different Guild Pubs not in URU CC

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

[Reveal] Spoiler: And...
    Sparklies!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

[Reveal] Spoiler: And ... :mrgreen:
Jalak and a glorious K'veer with Myst library access ... ahh, and as content is being asked and Sparklies are being mentioned one could add the wedges, the sun disk and fireworks ...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:51 pm 

D'hekimo wrote:
When you launch the game it say's "updating" but is that just updating my data or if there are game updates are they then being updated in my game or if/when updates are added do you need to d/load a new client version?

All updating is done automatically whenever something new is available. Also MOULa is completely independent from any other Uru installation. You don't even need any offline Uru installation to play MOULa.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:55 pm 

Thanks everyone, that's the info I was looking for, in all honesty I would not play online if the game was no different and as I a don't write code there is nothing I could contribute in that way but with new content I can don my old exploring hat again and at least donate for the cause.

Thanks to everyone for your hard work I could not believe it when someone told me that Uru was online again, I never got to play it when GameTap released "Myst online" IIRC it was only available to USA but I could well be wrong about that?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:09 pm 

D'hekimo wrote:
...and at least donate for the cause.

Excellent idea. There are, sadly, quite few donations at the moment, so everything is appreciated!

D'hekimo wrote:
Thanks to everyone for your hard work I could not believe it when someone told me that Uru was online again, I never got to play it when GameTap released "Myst online" IIRC it was only available to USA but I could well be wrong about that?

I think that there were some issues with GameTap not accepting payments from outside of the US, which got resolved just a month before GameTap abandoned MOUL. Don't quote me on that, I heard that in the cavern not too long ago.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
:oops: Eeps, I missed a lot. Thanks everyone for filling in the blanks. :D

D'hekimo wrote:
I never got to play it when GameTap released "Myst online" IIRC it was only available to USA but I could well be wrong about that?
It wasn't restricted to the US, but there were places where it wasn't available.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:12 pm 

dgelessus wrote:
D'hekimo wrote:

All updating is done automatically whenever something new is available. Also MOULa is completely independent from any other Uru installation. You don't even need any offline Uru installation to play MOULa.

Thanks for clarifying that, it wouldn't be a problem though as I bought every Myst PC game in the series over the years and even still have a copy of the original Myst for Windows 3.1 :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:35 am 

That is an impressive list of fixes and improvements I am going to head over to OpenURU to check it out as i know Max is interested in seeing if any "mice" have crept into that shard for him to catch.

all the best to everyone, i have been away for a while..good to see the progress being made to our Cavern!

"We Build Worlds"