It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:58 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

Shorah folks,

Two neat things are currently in the works over at TCT: We're exploring the possibility of A) releasing a bunch of remastered versions of our original podcast series from waaay back in 2005, and B) due to a surprisingly large fan demand, putting together a collection of music from all our wonderful contributors over the years. But to do that we're going to need some help!

We don't still have copies of all the tracks we've featured on the podcast, and we'd like to get a hold of some of them - with your permission, of course.

If you're a musician who has contributed to our podcast before, and would like to contribute to this project - we haven't discussed how exactly we want to do this yet, but we'll probably put them up to stream on the website, or, if we can get everyone's permission, put the tracks up for download as well, possibly in album form - please let me know!

Finally, if there's any TCT Old-timers still out there, we may need your help identifying some music tracks we can't place. Send me a message and I'll show you what we're talking about!

Thanks everyone!

- Maurus

Last edited by Maurus on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

Mat is actually registered on this forum, have you tried sending him a PM? (E-mail notifications should be reliable again after all.) If that doesn’t work, I can try PMing him on the TMP forum for you.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Christian Walther wrote:
Mat is actually registered on this forum, have you tried sending him a PM? (E-mail notifications should be reliable again after all.) If that doesn’t work, I can try PMing him on the TMP forum for you.

I actually did, yeah, but I thought I'd put the word out as well in case he doesn't catch my PM. His records say he hasn't even visited the forum since 2011, so it's entirely possible he won't even see it. UPDATE: I was actually able to get in touch with Mateus, so it looks like we'll be able to get his stuff in after all!

Also, as we go through each of our old podcasts, we're trying to keep a catalogue of music that we can identify, but it's a long process. Once I have a specific list of all the artists we've ever featured, I can update that first post with the list so we can target those members directly - but I thought I'd put a general word out first, so those still active on the forums can get a chance to get in touch with us directly.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Speaking as a TCT veteran, Maurus has really taken on a big task here. Many of those early Cavern Today podcasts were LONG, and he's playing through all of them, as I understand. Poor laddie...

Anyway, many thanks to anyone who can provide tracks! Music was a very important aspect of The Cavern Today, so this is a cool project. Plus, we had some truly gifted musicians on our team, and their work needs to be put out there again.

Cheers,

Mowog