It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:04 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

HarveyMidnight wrote:
although it looks like they haven't updated the 'news' page since 2010.

Maybe because that is actually the turf of the GoMe ;) No need to have news on every guild site (apart from purely internal stuff of course, but that might not be visible to everyone). It's effort saved for other work, which is better than having everything done double or thrice by different people.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:21 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Lehnah wrote:
Shorah all,

I'm brand new to MO:UL....

I couldn't help but notice your name. It's a good one. It D'ni, it means Journey. Welcome!

I already knew the meaning because it is the name I chose for our demo/test/alpha server when MagiQuest and Cyan partnered to create the now-closed MagiQuest Online game. We didn't know where it would lead, except we knew it would be an interesting and exciting journey together. That's what I thought would make it an appropriate name. It looks like you are very much in that spirit. Good journeys to you.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

I actually chose the name for something completely different before I joined MOUL as I knew the meaning of it. When I did join MOUL though it fit, so I went with it. :D

Ki #00324282
The D'ni Art Archive
Exploration Journal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:24 am 

Shorah Lehnah !,
The DMR people and many of our visitors would be happy to help you !
the D'ni Musicological Bevin , is open to everyone, on Saturdays we stream music and meet from 18:oohrs Ki time , you may also visit the D'ni Museum of Art hood hosted by the most friendly and welcoming Mireena and Miranna ! they have also many members who would help you as well. Many hoods have great numbers of friendly helpful people , they will respond to you ! Find Kaaja , Heart, Different Dave , Malaclypse, Jet Blast, Alphonse Godot, Da Vinci , Mouski, ( knows the game inside out and will give you a headache with fancy puzzles). White Rose is usually in the city by the great steps and she is very helpful and kind , she will guide you without spoiling the game for you ..Then to add to the fun speak to the bots : Mirobot , Magicbot, and Mimibot . look also for Ohbot who may answer some questions? ...Also ask Annabelle for her fantastic Marker games, We want to welcome you and are glad that you join this great community .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:44 am 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for the tips, christine. :mrgreen:

Ki #00324282
The D'ni Art Archive
Exploration Journal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:52 pm 

Ahh--- one more thing I would recommend for you, and any new player...

Saturday nights, there's a group of us who visit the 'Tsanoh's Hood' for a regular Story-Night, hosted by player "r'Tayrtahn" who, I think, uses the name 'Mystryman' on this board.

It usually starts pretty late.. (for those of us in the US it's late... ) approximately midnight- to 1 AM Eastern time, which is -- again, I THINK, 1900 to 2000 KI time??? Someone correct me if needed..

R'Tay literally tells the whole story of the Myst universe--- from the Ronay's legends about the creation of the mulvitverse all the way up to the restoration of the cavern--- in "bite size", fairly condensed increments. Afterward we usually hang out in the Bevin and chat about all manner of things.

It's a great place to meet other players- both new and experienced-- get help and hints, & find out a whole lot about Myst.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:48 am 
Obduction Backer

HarveyMidnight wrote:
Bevin

OHBJECTION!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:17 am 
Obduction Backer

AdamJohnso wrote:
HarveyMidnight wrote:
Bevin

OHBJECTION!

Sustained!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:52 pm 

Shorah everyone! Of course I wrote this from the top of my head ( posted above) ...
I should mention so many people who are helpful, I would put the forum in shamble !
So forgive me if I have omitted any names , Uru is full of helpful people , and a great community , so many neighborhoods are well worth getting connected to . Please have fun and invite your friends to join !