ah, memories. Tapestry Shard and Happy Hour

Slackers 00076610
H'URU 0027226
Garden Club 00028790

Current: 05891706

Post subject: Re: OOC Chronology
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:17 am 
Obduction Backer

So, Wednesday is 5 years of open source Uru?

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Get tweets from the GoMe.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:06 am 
Obduction Backer

korovev wrote:

Wow! If so, what better reason for a CAVCON donation? I'm making one now. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

Lord Chaos wrote:
So far as I know this was the first regular, scheduled event in the Cavern's history

Actually The Meeting Place has that beat. Not long after Until Uru opened TMP held their Sunday gatherings every Sunday consistently on their shard, making that the first regular event to be held if you want to get technical about it. Last I heard the Sunday gatherings still take place to this day.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:28 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

korovev wrote:

Yes, April 6, 2011 was when Chogon made this post on behalf of Rand: viewtopic.php?p=369370#p369370 :)

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:46 pm 

Tomala wrote:
Lord Chaos wrote:
So far as I know this was the first regular, scheduled event in the Cavern's history

Actually The Meeting Place has that beat. Not long after Until Uru opened TMP held their Sunday gatherings every Sunday consistently on their shard, making that the first regular event to be held if you want to get technical about it. Last I heard the Sunday gatherings still take place to this day.

On Sunday the 22 January 2017 The Meeting Place held a gathering of 4 members as per our usual schedule and the Sunday the 8th jan 2017 we inaugurated a "The Meeting Place" hood on Ghen shard and on Sunday 15 January we had a field trip on Ghen shard to Fehnir's House.

I also have another significant date on the 5-September 2005 (and this is the earliest confirmable date). D'Lanor wrote a Python file (dated) that allowed the addition of new content into UntilUru this is the earliest confirmable date for the Walker Project.

I believe this was the first added Fan contribution and originaly required the player to manualy add the python to their instalation.

The Walker Project was a serialised story capable of being embedded into Until Uru, the intention was for players to fulfill actions specified by clues at the end of each chapter. The actions were limited to things that could be tested for inside the Uru Vault. On completion of the actions you were given access to the next chapter this was also copied to an expanding Journal in your relto.

The additions made use of the hidden Journey cloths in the City, as well as Heek and a Timed run in the city.

The story initaly ran to 6 chapters each circa 4000 words per chapter initaly and was put on hold when Cyan opened D'Mala.

Since then it has grown to over 126k words it has an ending and is in its third round of editing since completion.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

It seems the DRC forum is down, so just to be safe I’m posting a copy of Activity in the Cavern? here:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Victor Laxman, Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:21 pm PST
A couple of my security sensors were tripped about an hour ago (around 3:20 Cavern Time).

I know it has been a while since we've talked, but none of you had mentioned any upcoming plans to visit the Cavern. Did I miss a memo?

If it wasn't any of us, we definitely ought to look into it. Unfortunately, I cannot get away from my surface duties in the near future.

Anyone have time to go?

I know it is probably nothing, but still... well, you know.

V

(Note to self: do not attempt time zone conversions while on medication)

[Reveal] Spoiler: Dr. Kodama, Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:49 pm PST
Victor,

I am free for a trip down this weekend. I'll let you know what I find.

K

[Reveal] Spoiler: Marie Sutherland, Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:34 pm PST
I'm available this weekend, too.

Meet you down there sometime tomorrow, Dr. K. It will be nice to see you again.

Sorry you can't make it, Vic. We'll have to get together soon. It's been too long.

- Marie

[Reveal] Spoiler: Marie Sutherland, Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:07 pm PST
Victor,

Quite a trip. Sorry you couldn't make it. Your sensors are fine. There are a handful of explorers in the Cavern, but they didn't trip the ones you sent us to check. In fact, the area was still secure, which means that it was one of us. I have my suspicions that we need to talk to our former fearless leader about that. Funny guy. Glad I didn't cancel any big plans to head down for his wild goose chase.

A few of the explorers say that they never left, but I suspect you have known that all along. Others said that they've only recently found their way back. In either case, they couldn't have been there for any length of time without setting off your sensors in the main areas they spend their time.

They were expecting us to be angry and try to kick them out. They were pleasantly surprised when I told them that we're all just explorers, at least for now. They seemed relieved and not too disappointed that we haven't secured any funding. They were also interested to hear how our lives have changed on the surface.

I told them they could stay as long as they respected the Cavern and were careful. There won't be any ResEngs to help them out if they get stuck. Kodama found it ironic that they'll have to rely more on their Yeesha Books now.

It's actually a nice change of pace to get to visit the Cavern as an explorer, without the pressure of trying to fix everything in sight faster than is humanly possible. You should try it sometime.

See you soon.

Marie

[Reveal] Spoiler: Dr. Watson, Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:58 pm PST
Guys,

Sorry for the "wild goose chase".

I had a dream the other day that there were explorers in the Cavern, so I went down to check it out, making sure I stayed out of sight. I could have just told you all what I found, but this seemed like a better way to get you all to go down and see it for yourselves. Sorry you missed out, Vic.

Or I could have gone the Yeesha/Zandi route and told you all a cryptic riddle that when solved implied that the Called have started returning to the Cavern and strongly hinted that more would likely be returning very soon.

But you already know that I believe all that, and this way seemed more fun.

Keep your friends close and your Relto Books closer.

Dr. W.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Dr. Kodama, Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:55 pm PST
Ah, yes. Hilarious.

Well, just so you know, I did a quick but thorough once-over of the Cavern and things look pretty good.

At least something productive came of the trip.

K

[Reveal] Spoiler: Dr. Watson, Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:05 am PST
Lighten up, Ikuro. You weren't going to watch the Super Bowl anyway and you know it.

:)

From the sounds of it, the trip did you world of good. It's not my fault you chose to sleep on your old cot in the Tokotah.

Seriously, though, thanks for giving it a once-over, my friend.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Get tweets from the GoMe.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

Last edited by korovev on Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Thank you for preserving these historical posts and for sharing them here, Korovev.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:00 am 

Anyone know where I can find a copy of DRC listing of the various Ages and their restoration Phase when the group headed back up to the surface?

Tried doing a google search, but it brought up too many results to wade through.

Anys, thanks in advance!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:40 am 
Obduction Backer

Nev

I have one listing which can be found at:

http://drcarch.thecitadel.nl/restoration/project-list/

It may not be the final listing we received from the DRC but perhaps it can help. I'll continue to look through all my notes for a final list. The list used to be on the DRC site but that site is offline now AFAIK.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:04 am 

@Henry: Thanks, you're the best! (Also, great to see you're still around, too!!!) After all, not a lot of new explorers these days.

@Kor: And thanks for your patience on the slight derail.