It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 12:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:31 am 

I am not sure whey J.D. Barnes is quoted here as he is a player like any of us and without any standing with the DRC or other extra validity that I am aware of, pls correct me if i am wrong, thanks.

he says:

(11/05 22:23:16) J.D. Barnes: The Ages are big enough for all of us. There's room for us to come together, and for us to follow our own paths as well.

i am not sure that means anything other than a comment that states the obvious and tries to build a position of authority upon doing such.......no ofense intended, but my hopes for future "work" in the cavern would revolve around actually doning something for real, such as working with any possiblity to actually affect changes or add access or add real new ages and or interact with Phil and Sharper who seem to be the only two still possibly connected here, tho in deed the episode may be in fact over....

hence my questions.... what is real? and if we start being active on our own, i would think we should start on an egalitarian basis, not selecting a new generation of player "DRC" "experts" but rather throwing open the doors of participation to all on an equal basis? again no offence intended to mr Barnes and any others of the same ilk.

I was in K'veer two nights ago and there was an explorer in there standing by the big window who starteed saying things in a "BIG" sense such as Trust no one. .....and Beware Saviors, Everyone must save themselves, and the like. I do not need anyone to tell me such obvious platitudes and would would hope that our new role as the the source of activity in the cavern will not be "led" by such what seemed to me to be grandstanding without purpose. Some of my concerns and thoughts of the moment.

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:23 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
CrisGer wrote:
I am not sure whey J.D. Barnes is quoted here as he is a player like any of us and without any standing with the DRC or other extra validity that I am aware of, pls correct me if i am wrong, thanks.

J.D. Barnes was given permission by the DRC months ago to do some independent research in the cavern, and is now mentioned in the ResEng's Orientations, along with Reteltee.

[spoiler](11/06 13:38:01) ResEng M.Dogherra: Most recently the Cate Alexander resigned from the DRC,
(11/06 13:38:34) ResEng M.Dogherra: Unhappy with the resoration effort and her profits.
(11/06 13:41:34) ResEng M.Dogherra: At this time however, there are no permanent members of the DRC with us in the cavern although hopefully they will be able to procur funding on the surface and return to continue the restoration
(11/06 13:43:21) ResEng M.Dogherra: Now, a Reteltee and a JD Barnes are in the cavern and although not direct members of the Council they are familliar with some of their knowledge
(11/06 13:43:49) ResEng M.Dogherra: As well, Dr. Watson and Engberg never officially left the although they are thought to be on the surface as well

(11/06 00:34:48) ResEng T. Bailey: Most recently, Cate Alexander resigned from the DRC, unhappy with the restoration effort and her profits.
(11/06 00:35:14) ResEng T. Bailey: Following the resignation, Dr Kodama left and shortly after, Marie Sutherland and Victor Laxman.
(11/06 00:36:13) ResEng T. Bailey: At this time, there are no permanent members of the DRC with us in the cavern although hopefully they will be able to procur funding on the surface and return to continue the restoration.
(11/06 00:36:46) ResEng T. Bailey: Reteltee and JD Barnes are in the cavern and although not direct members of the Council, they are familiar with some of its knowledge.
(11/06 00:37:36) ResEng T. Bailey: As well, Dr Watson and Engberg never officially left although they are thought to be on the surface as well.
[/spoiler]
Whether they're Cyan- or Player-created, they are characters with some standing in the cavern.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:07 pm 

Thanks very much, i did not know that J.D. was indeed working with Cyan, that helps to know, and i did not know it.....so i appreciate the info. Surface matters have kept me from the cavern more than i would like hence the gaps in my knowledge.

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
I remember meeting J.D. Barnes on - I think - four different occasions (one of them being a rather dramatic argument with others of his organization), and I always thought he was player created. This shines a whole new light on those meetings, but unfortunately, at that time I didn't know how to use /chatlog.

I also found him standing next to me when the bahro were spotted circling Kerath's Arch. We had an interesting conversation about the meaning of the swarm and, again, I wish I had known how to use /chatlog.

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
TOOO wrote:
I wish I had known how to use /chatlog.

It's actually /startlog (Just in case you still get a chance to use it.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Ah! Okay, thanks Tai!

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6