It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:17 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:28 pm 

Hear, hear - thank you, thank you! ^.^

Sosiqui in Cavern

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:14 pm 

Yes, I've enjoyed playing the beta and eagerly awaiting the new additions every now and then, such as the sparklies!

Though I do really miss Until Uru (the Slackers Shard was my home for about a month), what with our 'city tours', arguing over what color the sky should be, hanging out on invisible floors, and ice-skating in the plaza... it will be nice to see Uru Live as it was always meant to be.

And I also can't wait until I can play Uru Live on what will soon be a beefed-up version of my current PC! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:38 pm 

yes thank you for all the hard work you have done for beta. It has been alot of fun of the past few month's and I look forward to all the new stuff to come in Live and I hope Uru last for a many many year's.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:33 am 
Obduction Backer

I'm glad somebody initiated this post...! My heartfelt thanks to Cyan for delivering so much enjoyment to your fans.....and to the numerous fans of URU who never, never gave up!

I was part of the very first beta and have enjoyed being part of this one as well.....truly a remarkable product and staff that supports it! I am so looking forward to the days, months, years, and decades of URU that lie ahead of us!

Thank you Rand for your vision and fortitude, and for surrounding yourself with such a dedicated and awesome staff!

Onward and upward........!!!!

Post subject: Re: Thank you, Cyan
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:38 am 
Obduction Backer

Romer Openfield wrote:
As Beta fades out and the launch date is finally upon us, I just want to say Thank You to Cyan for a wonderful Beta experience over the past months.
The game is a thousand percent better and smoother now than when we started, and I've made some great friends bug-hunting and vault-wiping with everyone else. Plus, I learned a great deal about gaming, technology, and the Myst experience.

Hopefully, our Cavern friendships will grow and endure for years! Thank you! :D

As far as the vault-wipe goes I think you missed a spot :lol:

My thanks goes out to Cyan as well. It sho' has been a long , hard road since prologue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:03 am 

Thank you Cyan, Rand, Game Tap and Everyone else who made this possible!

Thanks for the first beta and Congratulations for this one!! The GO LIVE is nearly upon us!!

Excellent!!

Ad'ytum - MO:ULagain KI#11466138
Don't make me get the flying monkeys!
A towel (an Umbrella?), is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:28 am 

Once, a while ago, I had a beta that died. The folks that gave it to me said that they would help me take care of it and feed it and watch it grow were liars. Then I got a new beta, this one was well taken care of and the people that helped me with it were good people. Now it's time to let it into the big tank so it can play and be happy. I'm really happy for my beta.

If that didn't make much sense then "Thank you very much!!" will have to suffice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

I can only imagine the complexities of mounting such an undertaking, and I'm honored to have been a participant in the beta testing. I have seen enormous improvements taking place almost daily, received kind and courteous responses to my occasional yelps of anxiety and dismay, and watched (and hopefully helped a bit) an amazing process.

I'm eagerly looking forward to many enjoyable hours in cavern meeting friends and having adventures... and some nice relaxing games of Ahyoheek too ... mmm .. mesmerising :wink:

Many many thanks, CYAN, for the interesting and adventurous beta testing experience, and for making the huge effort required to give us URU to explore and play in! .... and kudos to GT also, for all the cooperation that must have been going on in the background

butterpaw /dances and accidentally kicks over a _/\_ ... oops! ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:04 pm 

Thank you, Cyan :)

I think you've shown every gamer who has ever had the good fortune to encounter the Myst series the true possibilities of immersive, intellectual gameplay. Certainly in the environments created and the care taken in creating them, but more so the amount of history and atmosphere that accompanies any Myst experience.

Beta testing Myst Online for several months has made me understand how such a game can exist in today's cut-throat market, but also how much of an empty space is there. When put in the position of explaining what the game is meant to be about and what you actually do I'm lost for words... and I love that!

Thank you to all the support people who listened to my inane drivel during beta (plenty more where that came from guys!), and thank you to the mods of these forums for keeping everything cheery and cretin-free. And a big thankyou to the Uru Live community for showing such care and vigor in your beliefs. A game is generally defined by its players, and 99.9% of everyone I've met in the cavern or chatting on forums, are tolerant, understanding, intelligent people that are simply pleasant to be around, in or out of the Cavern.

This has clearly been an enormous effort in progressive game design and execution and IMHO has come together brilliantly. There are few in the industry who seem to be able to pull off something this innovative, but Cyan (with the gracious hand of Gametap) has created something truly unique. But then again, I tend to think of Cyan as beyond the "Industry" in the first place...

I'm looking forward to all that's yet to be written. So big up's, respect, thankyou, and shorah b'shemtee, Cyan.

You deserve it! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:03 pm 

What is there to say, exept that I agree with all that already been said:

THANK YOU :D :D :D :D :mrgreen: :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:29 pm 

As the final day of beta draws to a close the flying monkey's go in for a final grooming, and pull out their best vests.

Thanks for all the hard work Cyan, :D .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

I wasn't a part of the original Uru Beta, but I was very involved in the community during the gestation and birth of Uru ABM. That alone was a very rewarding experience, but being able to participate in a much more active way recently has been simply amazing. I've long admired the people of Cyan and their creations, since the first Manhole many years ago. Being able to assist them with Live, and meet many of them at Mysterium last year, has made this a very personal experience, and I'll never forget it. In addition, it was a genuine treat to interview several Cyanists for The Cavern Today, and as much fun as the interviews were, the off-mike conversations before we started recording were equally fascinating. It's all served to increase my appreciation not only for Cyan's products, but for the very talented people involved.

Cyan, please accept my warmest congratulations on the arrival of Live! We never would have guessed on the night the original servers shut down that this day would arrive at all... but it has, and we're elated.

Thanks to all, and Shorah,

Mowog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

I just want to say congratulations to all of you, Cyan, my fellow testers, Gametap, and everyone else involved. We've all helped to craft URU Live into a truly enjoyable experience. Will be fun to sit back a little and watch the story unravel now. I for one can't wait! Here's to a long run that never ends! See you all in the cavern,
Jared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:11 am 

Hi all.

Mowog, I totally agree. Good to see you aswell, BTW. :)

Three years ago, I promised our Deputy mayor, June, that we would return, when we all met in the run up to the closure of prologue. Of course I have no way f influencing that but hoped like so many.

I thought that it had happened when UU was released.
However we have all been given a REAL second chance with MO:UL.
UU has been a fantastic journey, for everyone, from Admins, asst admins and last but deffo not least the players.

MO:UL deserves the very best we can offer it, our support, our patronage and the continued affection it takes in our lives.

Best of luck for the release of Live, Cyan.

Long may you remain, and many more adventures await.

Hugzzz, XXXx

Mateus

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next