It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:34 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:38 pm 

Man, I can't wait to get back to my home computer and my Photoshop so I can do an entry! Ee!

Sosiqui in Cavern

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:50 pm 

Well I have photoshop, I jsut wouldn't know how to use it? :wink:

Post subject: My meagre entry....
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:38 pm 

Well, just spent my day doing my entry for the contest, and it takes a little more creative license than the fine work of Tweek, but is hopefully worthy of the contest... you can take a peak at here: click here.

I used wood and iron for the braces rather than black rod look... 8)

enjoy the ride, earthwiz.... :wink:

Last edited by earthwizard on Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:49 am, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:23 am 
Obduction Backer

Yaar finally finished mine, looking forward to seeing other peoples designs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:28 am 
Obduction Backer

well... I had an idea, so I played with the photoshop a bit, and this is what I got.
[spoiler=show image]Image[/spoiler]

Last edited by Nadnerb on Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: My meagre entry....
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:28 am 
Obduction Backer

earthwizard wrote:
Well, just spent my day doing my entry for the contest, and it takes a little more creative license than the fine work of Tweek, but is hopefully worthy of the contest... you can take a peak at here: click here.

Nice -- however, the D'ni text is off. You wrote [th][s][o][g][h][ah][l]. It should be [ts][o][g][ah][l]. or Togal in D'ni font.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:38 am 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Togal in D'ni font
See RAWA's post on the DRC forum, Gadren. It's Xogal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:18 am 

Looks great, Nadnerb! I love the angle.

Maybe I'll try one... Gotta get some inspiration first.

Post subject: Cloths
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:21 am 

I am confused. The stained glass found is genuine D'ni culture, so has nothing to do with Yeesha's journey. But are the cloths in the Eder not Yeesha's? So they can not be portrayed in the glass? But how about the door? That's D'ni, is it not? But then, how could the door have been opened without the cloths? What is truly and original D'ni? Anyone? Have I missed the point?

Greetings

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:23 am 

I think you've about summarized our confoundment with Tsogahl and Delin.

KI # 04260171

Post subject: Re: My meagre entry....
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:41 am 

Gadren wrote:
earthwizard wrote:

Nice -- however, the D'ni text is off. You wrote [th][s][o][g][h][ah][l]. It should be [ts][o][g][ah][l]. or Togal in D'ni font.

Thanks Gadren, I updated it:

http://pics.livejournal.com/earth_wizar ... 013day/g11

Post subject: Re: Cloths
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:59 am 

Hyperion wrote:
I am confused. The stained glass found is genuine D'ni culture, so has nothing to do with Yeesha's journey. But are the cloths in the Eder not Yeesha's? So they can not be portrayed in the glass? But how about the door? That's D'ni, is it not? But then, how could the door have been opened without the cloths? What is truly and original D'ni? Anyone? Have I missed the point?

Greetings

In her last speech Yeesha revealed certain things that would change. Below you will find my version of the speech as transliterated from my meeting with her in the Cleft:

[spoiler]Yeesha:

"An ending has been written? You've done all that has been asked. You've traveled the full circle. You have returned to the quest through the fissure. You swam among the stars and saw remnants of previous journeys. You've returned and the pillars were returned, and now one more of the Bahro, the least, has been returned to D'ni.

"You don't need to understand what that means, only that the hand of the Maker has been set into motion.

"Now the circle is complete and the tree has begun to grow again, the path is now open and so the symbol of the journey must change. Now the beginning is tied to the end. Now you can go where you wish. The restoration of D'ni awaits, the deep City breathes. Uru again; and I will be concerned with other things.

"The least are becoming greater, they will now also affect the restoration, perhaps not the way others had planned. You learned about the pride of D'ni, the great writers of worlds were infected with pride that became a cancer. It grew quietly beneath the surface, but it grew until D'ni could live no more.

"But those things have been told, you understand it well I think. Let us end this cycle with rewards before we start the next cycle.

"Relto, the high place; your Age now. It was the first Age I wrote, a gift for my parents, and now much more; it reminds me of another home, another place. I even placed the Library in the place it belongs, but Relto will change, it will be you're soul, showing what you are. Only I can write Relto, it's beyond what the D'ni could accomplish. Keep it.

"And I have given you clothing which represents you're journey. Wear this to show others what side you have taken, when sides are taken. When you wear it you will tell all that you side with us, with Yeesha, with the Bharo. It will not always be easy.

"And another gift is here, a link to the cleft, here in Tomahna. You haven't been able to return here, but now you can. This book will take a special place on your shelf. This place is not meant to be shared. Return here alone when you wish to remember the cycle of things.

--- transcription from audio/video of Yeesha's Cleft Holo recording at end of Journey.

She reveals in her speech that the symbol of the hand will give way to a new symbol of the journey. The pertinent passage is te passage where she says:

"Now the circle is complete and the tree has begun to grow again, the path is now open and so the symbol of the journey must change. Now the beginning is tied to the end. Now you can go where you wish. The restoration of D'ni awaits, the deep City breathes. Uru again; and I will be concerned with other things. "

Once the main journey was complete by you then the "hand" journey symbol will give way to a new icon, "spiral" which represents the beginning tied to the end... and your ability to go where you wish. She also tells us that she will now be concerned with other things (what these are we can only surmise?).

[/spoiler]

Post subject: Re: Cloths
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:39 am 

earthwizard wrote:
Hyperion wrote:

Greetings

In her last speech Yeesha revealed certain things that would change.
She reveals in her speech that the symbol of the hand will give way to a new symbol of the journey.

Yes, thanks, but my point is that the stained glass is from a D'ni artist from a time before Yeesha was born, so her journey cannot be depicted on the glass remnants. And furthermore, neither the door, because it is also tied to her journey (with the new spiral symbol) and the Bahro and our Relto. Nothing of that was known to the D'ni people.

Maybe these thoughts are spoilers, because for me this stained glass restoration project made me thinking. It is a puzzle: to decide what is on the found glass remnants and what is not.

Greetings

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:47 am 
Obduction Backer

Well I don't have that wonderful photoshop. But I've been giving it a try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:59 am 

My first [restoration project]...

Last edited by frankenscarf on Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next