It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cloths
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:10 am 

Hyperion wrote:

Yes, thanks, but my point is that the stained glass is from a D'ni artist from a time before Yeesha was born, so her journey cannot be depicted on the glass remnants. And furthermore, neither the door, because it is also tied to her journey (with the new spiral symbol) and the Bahro and our Relto. Nothing of that was known to the D'ni people.

Maybe these thoughts are spoilers, because for me this stained glass restoration project made me thinking. It is a puzzle: to decide what is on the found glass remnants and what is not.

Greetings

Sure, but she learned from a Master of the Great Art who taught her his knowledge of the D'ni and their deep cultural history. And, as she has stated many times, she took form her Father, Mother, and Calam the last of the Great D'ni writers. She also learned many thiings of the Bahro.

No one knows the full details of either Eder Delin or Eder Tsogal, and all of these things are both speculation and conjecture from the known facts. Yet, that does not make it an invalid surmise to being working through the issues and trying to understand all we can know. Yes, the stained glass was made by someone ages ago, but Yeessha did not ever say that she made these Ages ... or the spiral journey associated with it. All we know that belong to her is the Journey of the Hand. The Spiral Joureny she knows of, but states that that is not truly her concern, that she has other things to be about that concern her.

So no one knows how the pieces were put together origially, but to say the spiral was not already in existence is to assume too much. I think the the Spiral Journey existed long before Yeesaha, and is associated more with the Bahro and other things that we are still at a loss to understand completely. As we know these are cooperative journeys, so they are associated with the life of the people and their learning within a social nexus rather than the solitary journeys of Yeesaha's Hand cloths...

So all is speculation at the moment, for none of the King's books or any other speak of these types of journeys.

I'm not sure if I answered the question; probably just raised more questions... :)

earthiwz, enjoy the ride.... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:38 am 
Former MystOnline Moderator

On the cloth symbol or not, my personal guess is that it came later, but who knows, it's up to interpretation.
Awesome designs so far! I have been mulling about it in my head, and it's really interesting to see which parts of the Age's features and aesthetics become the focal points in the designs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:14 am 

frankenscarf wrote:

Oh yeah! I like that. Very nice, and very stained-glassy. No spiral too, so there's not questions to be asked there.
/thumbsup

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:34 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

For those who want to integrate the word Eder Tsogal in the designs and are unsure how to spell it in D'ni, here's a quote:
RAWA wrote:
D'nifont: xogal
RST*: tsogahl
Official DRC spelling: Tsogal
Common DRC misspellings: Tsoghal, Tsogahl, Tsvengali

*RAWA Standard Transliteration

"ts" is one d'ni letter, as is the a (it's the long "ah").

EDIT: Uh, I am dense, this was already pointed out on the last page, sorry...

Last edited by ireenquench on Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ireen,
Thanks for posting it even though it was mentioned on the previous page....I couldn't find it.

As for the fragments, I, too, am puzzled. The DRC said "The DRC have recently located a few pieces of stained glass artwork depicting Eder Tsogal and are giving the explorers the opportunity to restore them to their former glory." They said they found fragments, but don't show them. Are we then just supposed to make up what we think they could be?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:20 pm 

Quote:
Yes, thanks, but my point is that the stained glass is from a D'ni artist from a time before Yeesha was born, so her journey cannot be depicted on the glass remnants. And furthermore, neither the door, because it is also tied to her journey (with the new spiral symbol) and the Bahro and our Relto. Nothing of that was known to the D'ni people.

I can understand this thinking. But I have had a thought since I came in the city and the Library was blocked off by the DRC. My first thought is that they were pillaging the Library so they could confiscate books and anything that might contain linking knowledge.

So now we have two ages with different symbols than we have seen before. I wonder if the DRC is trying their hand at writing ages and imitate Yeesha. Hence, the mysterious Yeesha Hologram. They could be trying to impersonate her I think. Maybe thats why Kodama was so interested to see what peoples reactions would be?

Just an Idea not really an opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:29 pm 

Wow, you people are creative and inspired. I love frankenscarf's entry.
I couldn't see Tweek's?

I wanted to have a go too but I don't feel confident enough. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tweek wrote:
lego_addict wrote:
Are we just supposed to make black and white outlines, colour it in basically, or do all the fancy lighting effects?

proberbly best to make it as detailed as possible, it'll be put in game pretty much as is.

Tweeks submission (just to give you and idea) -

@Leonor

That one is mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:10 pm 

Thanks, Tweek. Very nice, if a more abstract approach. :)
I had to click show several times, it was a stubborn red cross.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:18 pm 

I'm working on mine. It's going quite well. I'm laying the colour in. It's a bit more traditional than most others here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

I've just done the final touches on mine. I'm quite happy with it. :) I'll post a photo later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:07 pm 

I finished a draft of mine. Any feedback?

Thanks for the tutorial, Tweek. It helped alot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:17 pm 

So..... Much..... GOOD STUFF!

Congrats everyone who's entered... Pity you can't all win...

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Maratanos wrote:
So..... Much..... GOOD STUFF!

Congrats everyone who's entered... Pity you can't all win...

Why not?

There were at least three good entries with the Gahreesen contest. I think possibly even five, and for some reason only three show up.

Cyan can take -all- the good entries (that match canon, i.e. Don't have the UbisoftSpiral on them) and randomly distribute them to neighborhoods just like they do the Gahreesen ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:08 pm 

Lego gets my vote for the second one after Tweeks. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next