It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:51 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:01 pm 

It's been a while, maybe a week, since someone logged a conversation with the DRC; and Greydragon has only posted one response in almost two weeks. There haven't been any major bug fixes recently, and aside from[spoiler] the Bahro stone[/spoiler], no new content, either. I'm not complaining, but I do wonder what this means, if anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

I knew this fellow once... a carpenter. When he finished a job and was pleased with it, he didn't mind coming around and being seen. He could even be positively chatty. But when he was working, he wasn't much for conversation. Interesting fellow, really.

Not sure why I brought him up.... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:20 pm 

I like how you think. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

I like the way you like the way I think. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:35 pm 

I like the way you like the way i like the.....nevermind! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

>_<

rofl!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:24 pm 

I'll agree with the analogy, especially in these early days.

But let it not be forgetting that a carpenter that spends all his time working on future designs and not producing stuff for sale... goes out of business.

There's a limit, let's hope it is never reached.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think what you're all thinking... is a pretty good assessment of the situation.

The "pickens" might seem slim at the moment, but I believe the plumber is working very hard to fix leaks and add to the pipeline.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:42 pm 

Stepping aside from the MMOARG aspect, I wonder if Cyan is just a little short-staffed at the moment and is working more on content than being DRC members.

I wonder about the idea of them possibly picking a few key old-timers to play the parts of some of the DRC people with a pre-written itinerary and script (Sworn to secrecy of course). That might take a bit of the load off of them.

Obviously content takes time to develop, but some more story or just, plain interaction would definitely help to keep people rivetted a little more. It seems since there's no new story emerging or at least any key-player interaction people are, at least temporarily, losing interest.

Just a thought...maybe a bad one. You decide. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:46 pm 

Nick White was in-cavern, yesterday I think, and I recorded a chat log. Not sure where the chat logs get recorded to, though, which is why I didn't post it. Plus I figured someone else would post the log.

That's actually the third time I've seen Nick in-cavern and no logs were posted. Although the first time was several weeks ago, the second time was also recently.

Granted, there weren't any extraordinarily important bits of info, but still... there has been interaction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

Chat logs are stored in My Documents/Uru Live/Log. Look for filenames starting with "Chat".

(On a Mac, it's buried deeper. See FAQ in my sig.)

Nobody seems to have beaten you to it, so we'd be thrilled to see what you recorded...

Post subject: My wish...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:34 pm 

I do keep hoping that there will be some way to "capture" the cavern time of the notables. A lot of the face to face times appear during the day, when a lot of us are at work. So we read the chat logs as "the next best thing to being there." But it's not as exciting. An example of what I mean is the movies that people made of the December bahro big scream. This same technique has been used by some explorers recently to share their Neghalin animals...very nice for those of us that don't have hours to spare.

I was in the cavern last week in the early evening (in the midwest), when the Neg expedition went missing for a time, and that was cool. The Bevin just-hanging-out was interesting (we had something to discuss other than our clothing choices) and then when Rils came back, we all hoofed it to the community room to hear what he had to say. The lag got pretty awful - I felt like I was a stick of hard candy - but it was worth staying to get the first person report from Rils.

Hope there will be more of this...but the 24-hour a day nature of people's time is an interesting problem to be solved. I got much more engaged by seeing Rils in the community room than reading a log...

"Let's pretend it's not," said Rabbit, "and let's see what happens."