It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:34 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:52 am 
Obduction Backer

Of course the game contains Bahro data -- they show up on the volcano and wave.

(How detailed it is, I have no idea. I try to resist the temptation to dig into the game files.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:01 am 

belford wrote:
[spoiler]Of course the game contains Bahro data -- they show up on the volcano and wave.

(How detailed it is, I have no idea. I try to resist the temptation to dig into the game files.)[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Keep in mind that those are very crude models and hardly look like a fully-detailed Bahro. If I could show you some of the fly-mode close-up pics of them I would, but I'm not going to go searching the web.[/spoiler]
And um... you may want to put your post in spoiler tags.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:03 am 

Ichabod_L wrote:
By the by, do we know if anyone besides a ResEng actually saw a Bahro? Minus the whole "Bahro came to my Relto" thing, that is. (I'm not asking for names BTW, just if there are/how many one's heard it from.) Because although it's great no matter how Cyan is trying to tell us that there are Bahro in the 'hoods, I can't imagine how excited someone would get seeing one in their 'hood.

I've heard of a couple others. But I don't think they got pictures.

I'm guessing the Bahro doesn't hang around for long and the ResEng might've known when it was going to show up...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:00 am 
Obduction Backer

I have confirmation of a Bahro sighting on my KI. I got it from Thend, and I don't know where he got it, but you can't fake a KIshot without Cyan's direct intervention. I believe it's also on the UO 'hood imager.

Here's the screenshot from my KI:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

EDIT: And I see it was already posted on page 2. That's it. Time for me to go to bed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:27 am 

As much as I would like this to be genuine, I'm still skeptical even with the KI shot. I'm somewhat reminded of the Yeesha image that showed up after the original Yeesha sighting that turned out to be from until uru. Also, keep in mind that a certain day known for trickery and jokes isn't far off. It just seems a bit convenient timing wise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:31 am 

I, for one, welcome our new creepy world-manipulating overlords.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:39 am 
Obduction Backer

Why is everyone so skeptical here?

1: No one except Cyan can upload KI images onto the server (that means that no one could be making this up by Photoshopping an image and then putting it on MOUL).
2: This image was taken by the ResEng in the pic. See how the avatar is transparent? That only happens when you're controlling that avatar. The hat is distinctive and no one outside of Cyan can get it.
3: The Bahro's location fits with player accounts of where they saw the Bahro.

So stop second guessing everything and drop the skepticism in the face of indisputable facts! :roll: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:22 am 

Ok, for all you sceptical fools.

As soon as I get home I am going to post the chat the conversation I had with a ResEng about the Bahro sightings! They confirmed that they were in the Bevin’s and that they had had a conversation with Greydragon, in person, and he had confirmed the sightings.

I think this will HAVE to shut up even the most cynical of explorers

Also that same ResEng gave me that Bahro KI picture, and yes, it’s from the Live servers

Why can’t some people believe anything?! :!: :?: :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:40 am 

I believe!

And this is so cool! Something's happening. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:53 am 

I know most people believe what's happening, but some people have just become so cynical it makes things really hard.

Silly people :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:11 am 

slightperil wrote:
Ok, for all you sceptical fools.
- SNIPPED -
Why can’t some people believe anything?! :!: :?: :!:

OK first, this is a hilarious statement. You're saying that we are fools because we are skeptical? The very nature of a skeptic is that he QUESTIONS things rather than blindly believing them. The fool is the one who believes things without tangible evidence.

Also, it's not so much that "some people can't believe anything" as it is that some people DO believe absolutely ANYTHING.

That "Ki shot" actually seems to me to be a screen capture of a KI shot. Since we all know that a native, unmanipulated Ki shot will not display properly here because of the extra info at the beginning of the file, That means that picture HAS BEEN MANIPULATED for posting here.

Do I really need to take a screen cap of a KI shot (with all the borders and cursor and such) and then photoshop it to put Stewie Griffin in my bevin for posting here?

All I am trying to get across is that that a shot posted on the forum here is NOT INCONTROVERTIBLE proof of anything, no more than a picture of SpongeBob sitting on top of the Dereno pod is. It could easily be faked. I am not saying it IS, just that it could have been. I really do want bahros to start showing themselves in the cavern. In fact, I really hope I see one as it may be the only thing that keeps me from cancelling my account since it has become so tiresome here waiting for new stuff.

Now, the fact that the posting is BASED ON a Ki shot that reportedly has been sent to a number of people is very encouraging as we have been led to believe that pictures can NOT be imported into the game for Ki display. I hope that is true and not just convenient propaganda.

A bit of skepticism is healthy folks, ask your therapist. I bet many people here have one!

Remy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:22 am 
Obduction Backer

The simplest thing is to go and look at the UO imager yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:30 am 

Yeah, ok, I'm sorry.

Lack of sleep and the prospects of a review today at work have left me a little grouchy.

It wasn’t wrong to doubt the sightings, but I just wish people were a little more trustworthy of people instead of telling everyone their doubts.

Anyway, let’s leave it at that, before this gets out of hand.

Here are the facts:

Bahro are appearing in the Bevins (there may only be one Bahro doing this however)
There is a genuine KI shot of a Bahro taken by a ResEng and passes on through me
Greydragon has confirmed the sightings.

These are all facts, much like saying that Delin is open and it’s snowing there.

Sorry again if I offended anyone. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

slightperil wrote:
...I just wish people were a little more trustworthy of people instead of telling everyone their doubts.

Now, if that had read "...instead of telling everyone they're wrong", I'd have agreed with you, but what on Earth is wrong with sharing doubts? It means we get rid of false evidence quickly.

"Never put Dolby on snake detectors"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:53 pm 

I'm not going to argue with you Islander, I’ve done that before and it got me nowhere.

What I am going to say is that some people's attitudes stink and that they will only post critically.
I have doubts, but I form them into constructive comments, not simply ‘I don’t think this happened, people always say things like this’
People will go to such lengths to find an argument to back up their points.

Anyway, I said I was going to argue about this
*slap* Bad Peril! :evil:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next