It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:04 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:26 am 

3dogowner wrote:
Thanx guys. :D
I was happy for Zandi's help. Still it took me two days and hours of play to get through. It didn't help that I missed the most obvious journey cloth. :P
I swear I saw my avatar sweating. I don't know if any of you are like me, but whenever I have to hurry, I kind of panic. I've got my avatar going backwards, bumping into things or going left when she needs to go right. :lol:

That's awesome :) - Truly :D
I'm glad you're enjoying it. And there's nothing quite like finally cracking a section and going "Yes, I did it!"; plus, you see such good things along the way.

(For comparison: Not so long ago we had a rash of posts from people who'd rushed through the content so far and then wondered why they were feeling disappointed waiting for the next thing to appear :shock:)

Myst Online is so rich, it is worth taking the time to savor it. 8)

Zen KI# 55764

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:17 pm 

First off let me say Chief1, I'm sorry about your dad. There's really no way to rush through this and experience all URU has to offer. And why would you want to? Question? Right now the only public area is the terminal. As I progress through URU will more public places open?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:55 pm 

Ferry Terminal is in the City, currently we also have access to the Library Courtyard, the Museum, the strip mall, and the Concert Hall Foyer... as time goes on the DRC will open more parts of the City.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Chief1 wrote:
You mentioned being in a hurry. My father started playing Uru because he felt there should be no hurry when you're trying to relax. He became part of the in-game staff and helped others. His favorite quote was " slow down cuz, you're gonna find the answer. Then you start all over again."
He's gone now but I play Uru Online with his philosophy in mind. There's no hurry. You can go through an age a hundred times if you want. The world is in a rush all the time. Step into Uru Online and take a breather. Nobody's going to tell you to hurry up. Relax. Enjoy. And feel secure that help and assistance are just a few mouse clicks away.

Wonderful attitude. Your father sounds like a great guy, Chief1.

I'm trying really hard to keep that attitude in mind these days. Temporarily I don't have access to the game. It's only for a couple of weeks, but it's really hard to come to the forum and find out what I'm missing. I have to keep reminding myself: Chill. Take a deep breath. It'll all still be there when I get home.

3dogowner, do take your time. There is only one first time on the Journey. Relish it. And welcome! :D

:)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2