It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:01 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:04 pm 

Right I have done the 4 Barhro pillars and had a good look around.

BUT......

I cannot find any Markers at all.
I have hunted and hunted all the locations at the ferry and onwards for about 12 sites, and no markers to be found.
I know what they look like from the guide.

eg Next to link book in ferry area, left side on wall no marker.
In tunnel at end by closed gate, firstly there is no Bahro cloth on the block, and no marker on the wall.
At end of ferry by closed off sign- no marker on the wall, just a sign pointing to the right.
None on the stairs and landings and not in the building at the top of the stairs...... etc....
:shock:

Do I have to go somewhere first to do sometihng to my KI before I can start to collect the markers?
I went back to the original KI machine and it shows my KI number as before.

I am playing on an Intel Mac.

:roll:

I am getting a little frustrated :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:08 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

[spoiler]Yes you need to start the missions by sticking you KI in a machine, but it's not the one in the Gahreesen Age. Check out the books in the linking room of your Bevin. One leads to the GZ antechamber, there's one of those machines there and a journal that explains a lot, too.[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:16 pm 

Thanks for such a rapid anwer.
I will go a hunting for the other machine.
I thought there must be one but I linked to Gahresshan and then to Aguera and northing there.

May I say that perhaps this tiny hint needs adding into the online guides?

I had read all the info here and on many sites but none mentioned going to find another machine first.

Let us hope this thick Brit can find the aforesaid machine!!
:)

Last edited by MickyTeddy on Sun May 27, 2007 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:49 pm 

You will. Don't rush it. Enjoy the journey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:53 pm 

[spoiler]Check out the books in your neighborhood linking room. The one on the far right may give you some help.[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

it is almost more fun to try to get answers by yourself, and then be frustrated, then get answers from others, whether on forums or in the city...better than reading a walkthru right away. You never know when you might be able to find the answer by yourself!

Of course, with each new thing I swear I will get the solution by myself.....LOL! Then I go to the forums.

Some people are able to just figure out everything...I have never belonged to that group!
I think either way is fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

Todoni wrote:
it is almost more fun to try to get answers by yourself, and then be frustrated, then get answers from others, whether on forums or in the city...better than reading a walkthru right away. You never know when you might be able to find the answer by yourself!

Of course, with each new thing I swear I will get the solution by myself.....LOL! Then I go to the forums.

Some people are able to just figure out everything...I have never belonged to that group!
I think either way is fun.

I'm with you! Ya know.. one of these days I'd like to be sitting next to one of these guys when a new age comes out.. just to see how they approach it.

I linked to Minkata... looked around.. nothing to 'turn on'.. hmmmm. I wandered around for awhile and didn't see a thing except the flags.. nothing around any of them either. I didn't even know where to begin.. let alone be able to figure out all that we're supposed to be doing there! I kept circling the hut looking for a way IN.. not UP. LOL

How did they know what they were even supposed to look for to get started? :shock: I am not a dumb person.. but apparently I lack a certain form of logic when it comes to these games. So my hat's off to all the folks out there who can solve these lickety split. I need to understand the 'premise'.. then I can proceed I guess. LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
How did they know what they were even supposed to look for to get started? Shocked I am not a dumb person.. but apparently I lack a certain form of logic when it comes to these games. So my hat's off to all the folks out there who can solve these lickety split. I need to understand the 'premise'.. then I can proceed I guess. LOL

Don't beat yourself up. I tend to think that MOUL contains a lot of "a-ha" moments that sometimes just need to present themselves at random, no matter how smart you are.

When I was playing Uru prime, I couldn't for the life of me figure out the Kadish pyramid (the one with the glow in the dark tiles on the floor). To this day I still don't understand what the premise of that puzzle is. No where in any of the published walkthroughs can I understand how anyone could come to that solution other than by trial and error.

But I know that I'm mostly alone on that. :lol: :lol: It's my brain! :shock:

It's sometimes just a matter of it "coming to you," your insane devotion to solving the darn thing (in may case recently :lol:), and whether or not Cyan decides to fill the puzzle with red herrings or leave out critical steps in it's clues, which it is doing more often these days.

As MOUL grows, I assume that Cyan will be looking to stump not just your mind, but the collective mind of the community, and my guess is that they have a goal of creating a few ages that doesn't have a walkthrough for at least a week or something. Good luck to them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

The Noble Robot wrote:
When I was playing Uru prime, I couldn't for the life of me figure out the Kadish pyramid (the one with the glow in the dark tiles on the floor). To this day I still don't understand what the premise of that puzzle is. No where in any of the published walkthroughs can I understand how anyone could come to that solution other than by trial and error.

Had to laugh at this one. What does it say.. that THIS puzzle [tile floor] was fairly obvious once the lights came on? The whole age was about 'trees' or at least that's the symbol they used. I got that one almost right off!

But in Minkata... there's nothing but flags all over the desert... indicating absolutely *nothing* to me. LOL To give you an idea how little I 'got' this right off... I started at one flag...and ran in the direction it was blowing. LOL :roll: :oops: With nothing else in my head as to why I might even be doing it. LOL When it got to the point where I couldn't even see my avvie several times... I just said.. FORUM TIME! LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:01 am 

I'm beginning to suspect there's some kind of adventure game gene which some possess and I lack.

KI # 04260171

Last edited by Kolian on Mon May 28, 2007 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:12 am 

SillyEagle wrote:
Had to laugh at this one. What does it say.. that THIS puzzle [tile floor] was fairly obvious once the lights came on? The whole age was about 'trees' or at least that's the symbol they used. I got that one almost right off!

But in Minkata... there's nothing but flags all over the desert... indicating absolutely *nothing* to me. LOL To give you an idea how little I 'got' this right off... I started at one flag...and ran in the direction it was blowing. LOL :roll: :oops: With nothing else in my head as to why I might even be doing it. LOL When it got to the point where I couldn't even see my avvie several times... I just said.. FORUM TIME! LOL

Interesting how different people better understand some puzzle and not others. I wonder if that's genetic, learned, or a little bit of both?
I have absolutely no understanding of most of Kadish when I played through it, but I figured out the idea behind Minkata pretty quickly.

Er, just observing and commenting. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:39 am 
Obduction Backer

I'm DONE!! YAY!!

Even got the ball back through the goal posts. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:01 am 

you get any prize for going thru the posts? I just parked mine inside the cage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:42 am 
Obduction Backer

I think it may have to do with how you learn best (auditory, kenetic, etc)

Or just dumb luck. This months age had me completely stumped, I took a break to go see the new Pirates movie, and at a certain scene in the movie it hit me.

Off topic, but, I highly recommend myst fans see the new pirates movie. I swear some of it was filmed on location in the fissure and the moeity age from riven.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:44 am 
Obduction Backer

Rondini wrote:
you get any prize for going thru the posts? I just parked mine inside the cage

Nah.. so is mine. Just wanted a shot of me cheering the ball thru the posts. lol :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next