It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:56 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:36 am 

Seems like we're getting a new Relto page every other day, but those of us who have played through POTS know that most are just being reintroduced as pages we used to have. As far as I can figure there are now 4 old relto pages that have not been given back to us yet. Please add or correct me if I'm wrong or missing anything, as I know you all will. :D

1. Fire Marbles
2. Stars
3. A Fireplace
4. The D'ni Clock (on one of the small islands surrounding the main one)

It's great that they're giving us brand new pages sprinkled in, like the long grass. It's hard to get excited about long grass, but being a Relto Page addict, I love them all, even though I had to turn off the rain to keep the fireflies from leaving.

Also, I know in the off-line URU, the rain would eventually make the trees grow. I even heard about a trick (though I never tried it) of setting your internal PC clock ahead 1 full year would cause you to have a full grown green tree. Anyone know if the rain still affects the tree growth?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:53 am 

Are you sure about the rain? From what I've heard, it has never affected tree growth, and I know it doesn't now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:58 am 

My guess is we'll get the clock page when the clocks are fixed... The symbol in the magnifier isn't the same one that's behind it, it's about 90 degress off.. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:05 am 
Obduction Backer

The only tree that actually grows is the sapling you gain when you collect the Relto page from Kadish...

It starts very, very tiny and grows in spurts... and can take quite a significant amount of time before you even notice its first growth spurt.

(Apparently, the rain page doesn't make that tree grow any faster.)

Last edited by Reverend Vader on Mon May 28, 2007 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:15 am 

raistlin75 wrote:
1. Fire Marbles
2. Stars
3. A Fireplace
4. The D'ni Clock (on one of the small islands surrounding the main one)

[spoiler]1. It'll be in the game. Cyan hasn't completely squashed the always on bug, and so I got to see them in my Relto.
2. I don't think I've ever even heard of this page before.
3. It'll be there. Look at your sound files.
4. That will also be in the game. It was one of the Coming Soon pictures a while back, before they delayed Ahnonay and Er'cana to release Minkata. So most likely it will still be in Ahnonay.[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:28 am 

there are only 3 that were previously released that have yet to bee seen.

Firemarbles, Fireplace, D'ni Clock

However, I know of one that we haven't seen yet and if there really is a stars page, I have an idea where that one would be found. locations for those are in the spoiler tags.

[spoiler]Er'cana may reveal another plant option for us, and the stars page, if there is one, would be in Minkata or the starry ahnonnay.[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:48 am 

Too bad the "lush flora" page didn't add one of those "clinging death flowers" from Negilahn to our tree. That would have been nifty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:36 pm 

It really should be pointed out that just because something is in the game's data files doesn't necessarily mean it will be in the game.

MO:UL was built mostly off of a TPOTS base. It copied all the data from TPOTS because that was what it was built off of. The D'ni clock is going to be there, we've seen it in coming soon pictures. But there's not necessarily a reason to believe the others will be back.

Sure, they probably WILL be, but all I'm saying is that it's no certain thing.

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:20 pm 

I linked to my relto once, and got an everything on, and sure enough, the ercanna plants were growing everywhere, the long, twisted ones that grow in the canyon, it was pretty cool for the 2/3 seconds that it lasted!

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

raistlin75 wrote:

Also, I know in the off-line URU, the rain would eventually make the trees grow. I even heard about a trick (though I never tried it) of setting your internal PC clock ahead 1 full year would cause you to have a full grown green tree. Anyone know if the rain still affects the tree growth?

I am not sure if the rain helps the tree grow or not but mine is as big as I have ever seen one and I have my rain ON! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm pretty sure there wasn't a stars Relto page in PotS. There's a page that looks like it has stars, but it's the fire marble page. Every time I played through PotS (3 or 4 times) I got all excited thinking it was a star page I never found before and then when I got back to Relto I sadly realized it was the same old fire marble page. :lol:

But I'm still wishing for stars in Relto. Maybe that's why I'm having such a good time in Minkata!

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:39 am 

Kerryth wrote:
I'm pretty sure there wasn't a stars Relto page in PotS. There's a page that looks like it has stars, but it's the fire marble page. Every time I played through PotS (3 or 4 times) I got all excited thinking it was a star page I never found before and then when I got back to Relto I sadly realized it was the same old fire marble page. :lol:

But I'm still wishing for stars in Relto. Maybe that's why I'm having such a good time in Minkata!

Could he be referring to [spoiler]the Sun & Moon page?[/spoiler]

If he is, it's already in the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:11 am 

[spoiler]Naw, I think they're talking about Phil's Relto for the stars. Basically, it was a Relto at night, with stars that you could see in the sky. VERY awesome, and VERY cool. Although I'm not sure if that was ever a real Relto Page or not.[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:12 am 

Anubislg wrote:
[spoiler]Naw, I think they're talking about Phil's Relto for the stars. Basically, it was a Relto at night, with stars that you could see in the sky. VERY awesome, and VERY cool. Although I'm not sure if that was ever a real Relto Page or not.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]From what I've read, the "starry Relto" is a separate book...of course I have not played the off-line Uru, so I'm only going on what info I've spotted on the Net.[/spoiler]

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me; fool me a third time, just tattoo 'idiot' on my forehead." - my mother

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:00 pm 

Ok, I did some extra checking and Latharion, you're right. I was thinking of the sun/moon page, but got a little confused maybe because of Phil's nighttime relto or because different descriptions of the game say the page adds "star objects to Relto" or another that said "adds extra suns to your Relto". All those things and a couple years since I last played through the entire off-line version had me seeing stars. :lol:

Reverend Vader said that sapling you get from Kadish grows slowly over time and the rain doesn't help it. I can see how setting your internal PC clock ahead a year, which supposedly would give you the biggest possible tree, makes sense for the off-line version. But since your Relto is stored on the live servers, your computer's clock wouldn't have an effect on it. I'm just curious if anyone tried it on the off-line version.

The final 3 pages that we're missing were all originally introduced in Path of the Shell, so we'll probably find them there again as they polish up the ages and introduce us to Episode 6: The Mystery of the Missing Donut.
That gap is just killing us obsessive compulsives out here.

One other thing, if the point of our Relto (or home age) is to reflect its user, they should incorporate some basic tools to put things where we want them. Like if we want our music player outside, a different color for the interior/exterior, less/more islands, etc. I love the idea of Relto, it does give a safe tranquil feeling when you're there, but being able to customize the features a little more instead of just having them ON or OFF would be wonderful.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next