It is currently Wed May 27, 2020 12:08 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Do You Trust The Bahro?
Yes 27%  27%  [ 48 ]
No 8%  8%  [ 15 ]
I Trust Yeesha 21%  21%  [ 37 ]
I Don't Trust Them...But I Don't Hate Them... 44%  44%  [ 80 ]
Total votes : 180
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:36 pm 

So...with the new info from Doug and Nick...we now know that there is a bahro Civil War going on now...in the cavern and ages.

This forum seems pretty vacant of info about this HUGE issue so...

+With The Poll added..please make up your own voting options too, like "I trust the "good bahro" or "I'm suspending judgment :)

1. The predator in Negilahn were the bahro...(and I think the thing that killed Willow was a bahro too, all the deaths involved where quick and messy)*Chat Log(s)

2.There are at least 30 or dozens of them that have been witnessed involved so far.*Chat Log Douglas S.

3.There was one with Wheely when she was trapped and died, who screamed NOLOBEN! Very loudly and jumped around right before she died. Is currently missing.*Chat Log(s)

4.There was a bahro carving cave that Willow and/or Rose touched at the start of the cave in. Is currently missing.*Chat Log(s)

5.There was a bahro symbol found both in Negilahn, and at the collapse with Wheely that looks (supposedly) like a backwards Bahro 8. *Nick Approved Ireenquench's drawing.

1. Who the good bahro are.

2.Who the bad bahro are.

3.If there are Good or Bad Bahro??

4.Where Yeesha stands on this or what she is doing...

5. If Myst V is true or not...and on that line if Escher has the tablet to the "bad' bahro...

2. MOUL Chat Logs
3. D'ni Desk (for info about D'ni etc.)
4. DJC- for Info on MV
Info on the Bahro at Wikipedia
More Info on Bahro at Mystlore
Bahro Glyph Study Group-Great info on bahro and their symbols found in Moul, MV etc. Much info here!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
RECENT INFO
5/23-Since War Announcement by Sharper (here)
-Engberg has disappeared in descent, last seen mumbling "Watson" and "Dr. Watson".
-- Marie is now in the ?same? Descent as Engberg..looking in the "rest houses" (edehr tomahn).
---The majority of the DRC are in their private bevin (planning?)
----Kodama Gives an update...saying that they don't know where Engberg has gone... (chat log here)
-----DRC Message Goes Out asking for anyone to see him to contact the DRC...
------Cate releases a message (from meeting) saying that Minkata will be released.
-------Minkata Is Released!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal Note;
I still support the good bahro, they saved Sharpers life...and perhaps tried to saved Willows... so please don't go banishing all bahro as evil!

Thx

Last edited by Tallonenx on Fri May 25, 2007 2:22 am, edited 22 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm wondering if there is any way to tell the different between the Bahro and the Bahronoir (what I have been calling the Bad Bahro).

I know in Myst 5 the Bahro structure is slightly different to the Bahro of Uru.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:19 pm 

Point of information. I believe Wheely said Rose touched the carving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:27 pm 

Darstar: Edited :)

Tweek:

That is the first thing I asked Sharper at the meeting :)

He PM'd Me that "I am broken at the news here." when I asked him, then he said it to everyone else...I don't think it's a clue (probably just a mistake) but eh..

and he pretty much shut up after he finished his story..we couldn't get anything outta him...but he was just attacked by killers of a magnitude we have never heard of...by dozens of them in fact so I understand :)

And, I know (all???) bahro carry the journey symbol on their body (Check out some bahro screen-shots and you will see+ Eschers Bahro pelt that he links with) but perhaps these new "Enemy bahro" carry the new symbol? The Backwards 8?

Last edited by Tallonenx on Wed May 23, 2007 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:27 pm 

The Neg tree symbol that Nick drew in the log that I saw (supposedly the same as on Wheely's wall) had a white (open) circle and a closed (dark) circle on either side of the line, right? Reminds me of a Yin-Yang symbol. Good/bad or life/death? What can we do with this symbol yet - anything?

"Let's pretend it's not," said Rabbit, "and let's see what happens."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

I never knew that the Bahro looked different in Myst 5... neat.

I like the Uru Bahro better personally... no particular reason.

Yeah, it's my opinion that the so-called Bahronoir (very clever name, "Dark Bahro" 8) , I'd work to make that official) are indeed controlled by Esher or some other evil influence.

The Bahro have been portrayed as sad-sacks and victims and tortured and pure of heart and etc. etc. that there's just no way that Cyan would pull a 180 on this and make even some of them warlike and aggressive, or rather, with an eye for conquest.

There are clever plot twists, and then there is pulling the wool over our eyes...

Sounds like, if the promotion for this episode is to be belived, this is what causes many of us to assume that "destruction has begun"

(I think it's adorable that Cyan's promotional material can dictate how we react to the story! :wink: :wink: )

(200th post!! Woohoo!!)

Last edited by The Noble Robot on Wed May 23, 2007 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:38 pm 

This is what I see:

The BahroMal or whatever we're calling them attacked both Wheely and Douglas at around the same time (loosely; within the day.)

I see this as a targeted assault on human explorers.

Why should we be targeted?
Two Reasons:

Either:
A. We, as the exploring populace, now constitute a threat to the BahroMal, so our elimination would be to their benefit.
or
B. We have some way to help the Bahro either as allies or something more, and the BahroMal need to wipe us out to deprive the Bahro from a strong backing.

But, whatever happens, we need to find a way to support the Bahro against these monsters. I think that we need to get those massive suits of armor in Gahreesen activated and working, and we need to find a way to duplicate them. I would think that those walking slabs could stop claws.

If the Bahro want us to pick up arms, I will be at the front of the army personally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

First, we're not calling them BahroMal ("Bahro [behaving] Badly"?)... :wink: :lol: :wink:

Second, I think the last thing we'll be doing in MOUL is "taking up arms."

But it's a logical conclusion for the real world... I wonder how Cyan will have us "fight" this coming destruction...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:50 pm 

We need to start communicating with these good bahro as soon as possible... This is getting crazy! I for one am going to start wearing my journey shirt from yeesha so the good bahro will know where i lie. I also think the maintainers suit needs to be found asap, this could be a better alternative protection.

Long live the Bahro nation!

- Nitsu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have some (somewhat-crazy) ideas on all of this; check it out in this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:59 pm 

Here is a pic of the bahro with wings etc...I can only imagine sharper's linking...cutting...flying storm of 30+ bahro!!! Imagine if they used their "powers" too...like those from MV such as Heat, time warp, rain etc.??? Cooked, drowned...or killed from old age bahro's??? Perhaps they can bring em' back to life too...or is that only Yeesha?

Picutre

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

You know, Wheely mentioned over and over the eyes. That got me thinking abou the red, blinking "eyes" in Negehlin. I'm really wondering what they are.

KI# 02465190

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

chuxter wrote:
You know, Wheely mentioned over and over the eyes. That got me thinking abou the red, blinking "eyes" in Negehlin. I'm really wondering what they are.

I think those eyes in Negilahn are more yellow than red. Also, I think it a bit too cliched to have eye-color determine goodness (like lightsabers in Star Wars).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:20 pm 

Perhaps its not that there are good and bad Bahro but just some went crazy. I mean if they were enslaved for so long and then all of a sudden they were set free, maybe they just didn't know what to do with it, and snapped. The other bahro, that didn't go crazy are trying to protect us from them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Why is everyone so sure there *are* good Bahro?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next