It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:43 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:52 pm 

I am wondering with all the unpleasant things we have been hearing about the Bahro if it is wise for us to keep using the Bahro stones? Is it possible for us to use one of the stones and end up not linking to an area we expect?

We know they aren't DRC-sanctioned and if the Bahro are not all as friendly as we originally thought, what is to stop them from maliciously changing a stone? I for one do not want to end up in Noloben. Makes me very nervous... especially with a hot-head like Sharper running around loose.

Last edited by Jenine on Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: stones
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:04 pm 

Hum, that's an interesting thought, anyone know? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think most of us would regard an unexpected trip to Noloben as a delightful surprise, not a danger. Bahro or no.

Given the Relto books, we haven't yet seen an area that's truly dangerous to Link to. And both the Bahro attacks so far were on people who had explored far from their Age entry points -- beyond the bounds that most of us are able to reach.

Anyway, I figure, if a Bahro wants to hurt me, it doesn't need to mess with linking stones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:06 pm 

I don't think we're going to die using the Bahro stones. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:17 pm 

I'm not really concerned about dying and would also like to visit Noblen- I just don't want to end up like Sharper in the middle of a war zone. I'm not sure how well I would fair being put in a dangerous situation like that. He is a little better armed and I have no idea how to communicate with them.

They are linking without books aren't they? And we really don't know how they do it....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:09 pm 

I think it can also be noted that at this point during course of play, no stone has been changed. Any stone used or found has taken us to one destination only. So the possibility of such a thing occurring is highly improbable, though concededly not impossible.

Also when you select a book, you are given a close up look at it. If you see it as unfamiliar, then 1) you haven't been there yet or 2) you have and just don't recognize it.

Last edited by Nabby on Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:09 pm 

belford wrote:
Given the Relto books, we haven't yet seen an area that's truly dangerous to Link to. . .

Depending on the Relto to always be there is risky, as we've seen in the recent past:

[spoiler] * Sidney damages her Relto, then gets into a situation where she has to rely on it, and can't get back.

* The Bahro apparently have the ability to 'neutralize' a Relto, as they did to Wheely's book after the cave in.

* The Bahro caves are locations where the Relto doesn't work, so if an explorer were trapped or lured there they could not escape.
[/spoiler]
Danger is all around us, so that suggests preparation and caution, just in case your first escape route is blocked.

D'nn

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]