It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:29 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Er'cana pellets
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:18 am 
Obduction Backer

Since the Pellets that we get from the 40|30|20 recipie doesnt give us the perfect score (something like 90% on the bar in the silo), I thought i'd start a thread with people's recipeis and the score they got with it (i.e perfect or not)

I'm testing one where its 5+ from the original on all settings

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:50 am 

but WHY is it taking so long? back then I thought 15 minutes were way too long to wait. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:59 am 
Obduction Backer

That's probably a question to ask the drc as to why the cooking times have increased, maybe in the time between our first access and now the equipment degraded?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:19 am 

At just over 4 !! hours my pellets just finished and I transported the lot of them to the silo to dump into the water.

I do wish you the best of luck with your experiments jetuser .. but until they fix that time to something reasonable .. that was my ONLY attempt at bakin' for a while. :?

Long live 15 minutes !! :lol:

Last edited by Cierdwyn on Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:23 am 

I think the basic problem is finding the most balanced combination that optimizes the time it takes to create one of these smeggers.

The first one appears to be time, the second is either weight or proportion, and the third may be either temperature or some sort of heating to cooling proportion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:32 am 

So has anyone heard an "official" cook time?
And what good does it do if we dump them in the cave when we have no way to get to the lower cave?
Used in next episode maybe?

Post subject: I Made a BIG Mistake
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:38 am 

I realized I hadn't touched all of the cloths. So I thought while I waited for the pellets to be made I would go out and find them. Once I found them I couldnt get back into the factory. So can I delete the Er'cana book and start over from the Watchers Pub and get another Relto Er'cana book or is there a way to get into the factory without having to do that? The last cloth I touched was in the alcove so it will take me back there. I hate to do this over again but this time BEFORE getting on the tram I will do the cloths first. Thanks for any help given.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:09 am 

I believe I got the baking details correct as per the clues.

[spoiler]I took the link .. next to the oven .. to the bahro cave and noted the images in the centre of each pictograph were the same as those in the baking controller viewer. Then I counted each 'spoke' in the rings .. that gave me the numbers 40 | 30 | 20 .. and their corresponding sliders.[/spoiler]
The length of time is what threw me .. at first there was nothing not even ticking, then there was a metallic 'thunk' about 5 minutes in. Then it finally started ticking at one of the machines I re-checked .. so I knew that something was finally happening. I dunno .. it seemed an overly long time before .. but 4 hours is just too much. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:17 am 

4 hours really isn't anything to complain about. It's not like you need to be playing Uru for all that time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:19 am 

What if this is ment to test us. Sure maybe 4 hours is way to long but if you think about it, it WILL give us more stuff to do in the cavern. For example, instead of sitting around for hours on end, we could have a batch of pellets cooking away. When time is ready to go get them and throw them in the lake. Thing about it as a sort of responsiblity to being able to take place in the restoration. Every four hours we have a duty to go to Er'Cana and dump pellets into the darkening lake.

Here is what I think we should do. I want a couple of people to get a stopwatch (im doing this also) and time how long it takes to bake a batch of pellets. So then we can average it out with the data we collected as a group to find how long on average it takes to bake a pellet. having this information would alow someone to set up a program online kind of like the pod calculators that would say. hit this button when you put in your pellets. When you get a notification from that program you know you need to get to Er'cana and dump your pellets into the lake.

I think this could be really fun if we actually got things organised. I have no programming skills, is there anyone who could create such a program as this after we give you the averaged amount of time? that would be cool, what does everyone else thing about this? please post your average time if you like this idea so we can get it rolling. I hope this has helped change some peoples opinoins on the pellet cooker! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:22 am 

Each pellet has some attribute of power to it, and we can assume that the time it takes to bake these things is linear.

From there... uh... ideas folks?

It's overly simple to think that it's power = time + icon1 + icon2

It's prolly some crazyness like power = (time +-/* constant1) +-/* (icon1 +-/* constant2) +-/* (icon3 +-/* constant3)

Hopefully it's as easy as that. We have the initial time, icon1, icon2 and power, all we have to do is make small changes to each variable and see what the resulting power is.

Unfortunatly, it's looking like it'll be at least a few days before we can see anything of note.

Post subject: Are we supposed to
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:43 am 

Are we supposed to drop all the pellets or keep some and just drop one in the harbor. Shouldn't we keep the rest for Ahnonay like we did in POTS. to get to the lower Bahro cave and our 2nd half of a wedge?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:00 am 

Well, after some experimenting(not much really) and luck(quite a bit), I've found a pretty good one.

The standard formula [spoiler](40/30/20)[/spoiler] gave me 471 "points"(per pellet) in my KI counter with somewhere between two and three hours of cooking.

My new flavoring [spoiler](21/30/20)[/spoiler]gives me 622 of these points with roughly 2hrs and 10min of cooking.

The strange thing is that the standard pellet registers at something like 75% on the power-o-meter while mine registers at what looks like 50%

Hopefully the rules are the same in your kitchen.

Observations on Time:

I decided to find out how long one tick on the scale takes to cook for a baseline. For me this turned out to be roughly 3 minutes. Apparently there's some other factor involved. Not only was my estimate for a 21 tick time off, but it was almost the same length as the 40 tick, which by rights should be twice as long

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:35 am 
Obduction Backer

Fusein wrote:
Well, after some experimenting(not much really) and luck(quite a bit), I've found a pretty good one.

The standard formula [spoiler](40/30/20)[/spoiler] gave me 471 "points"(per pellet) in my KI counter with somewhere between two and three hours of cooking.

My new flavoring [spoiler](21/30/20)[/spoiler]gives me 622 of these points with roughly 2hrs and 10min of cooking.

The strange thing is that the standard pellet registers at something like 75% on the power-o-meter while mine registers at what looks like 50%

Hopefully the rules are the same in your kitchen.

Observations on Time:

I decided to find out how long one tick on the scale takes to cook for a baseline. For me this turned out to be roughly 3 minutes. Apparently there's some other factor involved. Not only was my estimate for a 21 tick time off, but it was almost the same length as the 40 tick, which by rights should be twice as long

My [spoiler]Yeesha Recipe of 40|30|20[/spoiler] has yielded an average of 465.44 points over 9 pellets for a total of 4189 points.

I'm going to try your shorter bake-time recipe and see if I get comparable results. What kind of power does the Silo Meter display for those on yours?

MOULa KI #32712
MOULa KI #23298
MOUL KI #35129
D'mala KI #74265
Gehn KI #10113

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next